Girls and Movies: Shallow or Not?

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by JediLord, Jan 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediLord Jedi Master

star 4
    ok, im not being sexist here so dont crucify or castrate me but....

girls for one reason or another will like the dumbest mvoie as long as there is a cute guy in it. they will defend pearl harbor until their dying day, simply b/c josh hartnet makes them weak in the knees.

now, i know guys have their problems too, but i dont sit there and tell people how tomb raider is a classic b/c of anglelina jole. i say, "yeah she is hot, but the mvoie blew". why cant girls do this?
  2. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I use different language. I saw that the movie was awful, but for the fact that there were many shots of big breasts under tight shirts.
  3. B.J. Zanzibar Jedi Master

star 5
    What about all those really bad action movies adolescent males all seem to love, then?
  4. Sebastian_Updike Jedi Youngling

star 1

Good question, indeed, my Lord.
  5. JediCrazy Jedi Padawan

star 4
    hey, i really liked Pearl harbor, and not becuase of the "cute" guys in it. I judge a movie by it's content, plot, acting, and interest level. not by the looks of the actors/actresses in the movie.

BTW you can't say that just girls do this. How many of you guys liked barbed(?) wire just becuase Ms. Pam Lee was in it??? ;)
  6. sith1137 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    i know what you mean. i saw so many stupid movies. i have 2 sisters. they will do the same thing. then i go and watch a good movie and they hated it because it doesnt have a "cute" actor in it.
  7. JediLord Jedi Master

star 4
    those bad action movies? like the fast and the furious? i dont know, but there are some i like and thats b/c of the...ACTION in them. we like explosions and fights and thats what the point of and ACTION movie is. the point of pearl harbor was not for josh hartnett to make puppy dog eyes the entire time. follow me?
  8. JediLord Jedi Master

star 4
    ok, NO guy i know says barb wire is good. tehy say pamela is hot and they enjoyed watching HER but the mvoie was bad. or they liekd some of the action. but girls will say pearl harbor is a great film and worthy of and oscar simply b/c they like ben affleck's arms!
  9. THX_Princess Jedi Knight

star 5
    Well, I did. I think the only movie that I liked just because there was a cute guy in it was Moulin Rouge...and you can't really blame me. ;)

10. Sebastian_Updike Jedi Youngling

star 1

Are you refering to Jim Broadbent then??
  11. JediLord Jedi Master

star 4
    ARGGG! moulin rouge! not a bad movie but not great either. was unique but it doesnt deserve a single award for best picture. i dont know how america got horked into thinking this is a great film but....

i can think of a few movies off my head that are better: memento, lord of the rings, shrek, amelie, training day, ocean's 11, hell i liked the mummy returns better.
  12. Sebastian_Updike Jedi Youngling

star 1

Distinctly well put, my lord.
  13. THX_Princess Jedi Knight

star 5
    Like I said! I don't think I would have liked it at all if Ewan wasn't in it. God, he was incredible in that movie though.

...I have got to get out of this all-girl college.
  14. Arwyn Jedi Youngling

star 1
    you've got to be talking teenage girls here...we grow out of it...yea we'll always have our favs, but it's not the Leo Dicrapio must see "titanic" 50,000 times kind of thing...eventually we may still go for the eye candy but if the movie blows it blows
  15. Sebastian_Updike Jedi Youngling

star 1

All girl college you say?

You wouldn't, by an chance, wish to trade places?
  16. Dark_Lady_Valeris Jedi Youngling

star 1
    In the movies I like to watch, I hardly see the "cute guy" over all the explosions, fights and car chases. If the "cute guy" is the only thing going for a movie, I'll spend my money someplace else.

Valeris
  17. thetaooffett Jedi Youngling

star 1
    OK as a film guru and a girl i will attempt to aproach this lightly...
    if we are talking pearl harbor, the only yhings that should be mentioned are Special effects and with out a dought Alec baldwin, male or female if you didn'like him then you are wrong!
    how am i doing so far?
    well as far as girls and cute boys go:
    the Movie going majority is ages 18-25
    girls at this age are hormon crazy!!! boys are about 2/3rds of what we think about (trust me i remember). so we will like somthing that shows a guys sensittive side as well as being hot (don't flatter your self guys that combo dosn't come aaround at that age).
    so ti will take us away just like a lot of guns and explosions will you. it is a fantasy; you want to be tough, we want romance.
    you are just as "shallow" as we just in a different way.
    moulin rouge was an inspireing flick, not the greatest but somthing to watch.
    not many that can compare on that respect.
    the best movies from a womens point of view this year:
    1. with out a dought "The Royal Tenenbaums"!!!!!!!
    2. Amielie
    3. Memento
  18. Sebastian_Updike Jedi Youngling

star 1
  19. jedi-mind-trick VIP

star 5
    ok, im not being sexist here so dont crucify or castrate me but.... [i/]

You are not being sexist...just ridiculously stereotypical. :D
  20. THX_Princess Jedi Knight

star 5
    How in the world did you post an empty post? :confused:
  21. Sebastian_Updike Jedi Youngling

star 1

I am known as THE GREAT SARUDOOKU!
  22. Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight

star 7
    And I am Yodalf, the Pale Green!!! I am here to oppose you!!

Pass, you cannot!!
  23. Sebastian_Updike Jedi Youngling

star 1

One good turn deserves another!
  24. Ewan-Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 6
    I think Moulin Rouge was the most brilliant film of the year, at the very least.

It's just not recieved well by some because it's very abstract.

Yeah, I do think some girls will go for things that are tear jerkers just for the sake of it. 'chick flicks'
    When I on the other hand will be like, "Hell no! I'm not going to be sad, this movie sucks, I care nothing for the sucky charactors played by sucky actors." :D :p

I liked Pearl Harbor...well, the last half.
    The half assed love triangle was completely unnessisary.
  25. Sebastian_Updike Jedi Youngling

star 1

Abstract? I don't wish to have my language to sound too blue but more like utter crap, as you Yanks would say.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.