main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Girls love to dance. Guys don't. Let's talk about biology.

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by cydonia, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cydonia

cydonia Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 6, 2001
    I don't think i've ever met a girl who didn't love to dance. Even girls who seem shy and reserved will go nuts on a dance floor, and they wave their hands in the air like they just don't care and all that. I used to go to raves years ago and really enjoyed it, now i feel foolish dancing. I don't think i'm the only guy here who feels like a moron dancing?

Ok, start talking. I want answers.

2. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I think it depends on the type of dance. I was in a social dance class where the guys out numbered the ladies. it was actully fun to always be dancing with someone.

3. Just_A_Slacker

Just_A_Slacker Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2001
    I just don't know how and I don't have a gril to teach me.

Now if Marold would ever get around to teaching me how to waltz, since I am a gentleman ans really should know how...

4. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    if i was lost in the middle of the south american jungle and a big chieftain decided that my life depended on whether or not i was a somewhat passable dancer, i would not end up with the living!!! and i'm a chick ok. maybe i'm just the oddball, but i hope not [face_blush] .

5. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I've offered you lessons Slacker. :p

6. Chill_Mike_D

Chill_Mike_D Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 28, 2001
    My Man Cydonia Who is The Probot of Passion Why Don't Ya Scan The Place For Some Mamas to Ace, I know what you mean, for even the Most Modest Girl is a Dancing Queen. I just go with the flow and let them absorb my Mojo as I Dance and Romance with the Ladies I have a Chance with which to Jive. Keep it alive.

Chill :cool:

7. Launch

Launch Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    i love to dance!!

8. Just_A_Slacker

Aug 4, 2001
    Name the time and place and I WILL be there to learn from you.

I would be honored to have that dance :) [face_blush]

9. IellaWessiriNRI

IellaWessiriNRI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2001
    I don't particularly care for dancing, and I'm female... :D I mean, my mentality isn't "I would rather drop dead than dance," but I'm not exactly a person you expect to see dancing either.

10. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I've tried to dance....it doesn't work out though so I hardly ever even try now.

11. cydonia

Jun 6, 2001
    Yes, and i have alot of mojo that needs to be absorbed.

12. Ender

Ender Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 12, 1998
    I find if I jump around too much I have to pee. Maybe I should quit drinking Super Big Gulps before dances?

13. cydonia

Jun 6, 2001
    LOL. I also find that my hair gets all sweaty and weird. I don't enjoy that when i'm trying to look cool.

14. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Try slow dances first. A lot of girls I know love it when a guy knows how to slow dance. I don't mean the whole standing and swaying. I mean actual dance, the two-step or the waltz are fun dances and everyone should learn how to do them.

15. cydonia

Jun 6, 2001
    Yes, that seems easiest. I'm glad they still do that, if you watch MTV you'd think the most romantic dance of all was simulated whoopee.

16. Just_A_Slacker

Aug 4, 2001
    Ok, now Marold, assuming that I have two left feet (and I do) where do I need to go to take you up on your offer? :p

Can we have an "Our Song"? I was thinking of "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" [face_love]

17. Ender

Ender Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 12, 1998
    Well, I've got it made man! I'm slow! I mean a slow dancer of course.

18. Endermunkee

Endermunkee Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    Sure you did.

I'm one of those girls who claims they'll have nothing to do with dancing, but then gets out and the floor and goes . . . crazy. Not to say that I'm not already, but I mean dancing crazy.

Like the kind where dancing in front of 800 people on a whim doesn't bother you much. On a stage.

19. Cailina

Cailina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    I hate dancing...I dunno how to dance. And yes I'm a girl. I can say that I have never been to a single one of my school dances which have been held every other month since 7th grade(I'm in 11th now) and I do not plan on going to prom this year nor next year.

20. Endermunkee

Endermunkee Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    I didn't go to my proms either. Or any dances at all, after eight grade.

But now that I'm on own mostly, it's changed.

21. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    The only dances I went to in HS where the ones I paid for. I wish I knew how to dance then, my dad tried to teach me how to waltz then but I couldn't do it.

Now I try and find people who know how to dance so I can have more fun.

22. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

Bah! No one dances at proms anyway! It's all about just lookin' good, like me.

And I dance like a three-legged giraffe with his shoelaces tied together.

Or plain ol' a white guy from Alabama.

EDIT -- Evidently, I also spell like a giraffe.

AYBABTU?

23. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    i love to dance. but i think that men not dancing is a largely cultural thing. i also think it may have something to do with homophobia. good dancer = gay in lots of stereotypes. so guys aren't as likely to shake their groove thing, if you will.

my father is from lebanon, and the majority of lebaneese men that we know are big dancers. but it's a society that isn't nearly as conservative with men showing emotions, for example, when two men meet each other they often do one or two kisses on the cheek, and in line dances they have no problems holding hands with other men.

24. Emuboy

Emuboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 7, 1999
    I'm weird. Sometimes I bust loose on the dance floor, sometimes I am a wallflower.

Still, I don't really enjoy dancing or parties. I rather sit at a table with a person or three and talk. I love intellectual conversation, even if it is intellectual conversation about "normal" things. To me, the exchange of well-thought words is more exciting than dancing.

25. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    I went to my senior Prom (one of two dances I attended my entire school career)

know what we did? played cards. I won three pennies in poker :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.