main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Girls Who Are Into Star Wars Rule!

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by Urkanoid, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urkanoid

Urkanoid Jedi Knight star 4

May 6, 2005
    Are there any female fans out there? Guess so...But hey, since I'm a guy, I would very much like to know what it is in the flicks that turns YOU on(and I don't mean that in any dirty way...)
    So ladies, please be kind enough and give us guys a hint, allright? :)

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Hello! I'm a girl and I've been a Star Wars fan for all my life.
    I don't exactly know what makes me appreciate SW so much. The Sci-Fi itself, the amazing story of the best saga ever, the space battles, lightsabers, the way of the Jedi Order...just standard stuff that every many people find interesting. It has nothing to do with the gender.

3. Urkanoid

May 6, 2005
    I'm more than sure that it has nothing to do with the gender, I was just wondering (stupidly maybe) since the main part of the action in the movies is revolving around male characters.And to be honest, I can't remember, you know as a kid, any girls going nuts over the x-wings or Luke's custom made lightsaber, so I guess I kinda grew up thinking that SW having no real female audience is normal.But it's not.No way that's normal, 'cause the themes that are the essence of the saga, are founded on the very basis of the human spirit and concern us all.

4. Darth_Princess

Darth_Princess Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    I'm a Star Wars fan, 16, female and proud of it! I thought guys were big into the whole Star Wars thing, but i have yet to meet a fan (in r/l), or another girl for that matter.

It all appeals to me, the jokes, characters, the hint of romance maybe. Darth Vader is my favourite char.

5. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    And to be honest, I can't remember, you know as a kid, any girls going nuts over the x-wings or Luke's custom made lightsaber

I was Han Solo in the playground. But then again I was quite the tomboy back then. So the movies probably appealed to the little boy I wished I was ;)

6. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    My favourite characters in SW are Darth Vader/Anakin and C-3PO. I also liked the romance in movies, but this way from the reasons I love Star Wars.
    I like Sci-Fi and Fantasy in general and maybe this is the reason I like SW. But then again, the truth is there are not many girls who like Sci-Fi.

Well, perhaps we 'girls who are into Star Wars' are unique and therefore, we should be proud of ourselves! :)

7. Urkanoid

May 6, 2005
    You very well should be 'cause there aren't too many of you out there anyway!By the way, how incredibly magnificent was ROTS?Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaa!!

8. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Yeah, ROTS was great! However (there always is a 'however'), I got the feeling something was missing. they cut half of the Duel out :mad: as well as some other important stuff, like when Padme, Bail and Mon Mothma formed the Rebel Alliance. that's not fair!!!
    But the film had amazing effects.

And also, as a 'girl-who-is-into-Star-Wars', I have to admit I cried in the last scene, the Tatooine sunset/sunrise with Owen, Beru and baby Luke. I never ever cried during the film, but it was so sad!!! :( :_|
    :p

9. Urkanoid

May 6, 2005
    My young padawan... you don't have to be a girl to cry in the last scene.You have my word on it...As far as your remarks are concerned, I'm quite sure that all of us will be compensated when the DVD is released.. :)

10. marte

marte Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    hey, gurl and "into" SW as well. I think what appeals to me are the many layers, the whole universe of new stories that hide behind, a desperate padme like a rock in the storm and leia the new defender (although she is too much "in distress" for my taste ;) ), and equally important the idea of the jedi order. its a adult fairy tale...
    oh and how ROTS rules! honestly! but I was a bit disappointed that the end was so rushed. I mean, I felt like they ran out of time, and can't wait to see the extended dvd version. oh and I did shed a tear too, first time since "the lion king" in a movie, at padmes funeral...
    by the way, can you believe it that NOONE here in France (well, I'm not in paris, either) actually dressed up to the pre-premiere? I didn't really because I hadn't the time to do a costume, but at least I had SW fashion buns :) which allowed me to skip the line! hehe

11. Darthana

Darthana Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    Here is another girl into Star Wars, from Croatia. :)

Star wars fashion buns! Cool.
    I also wore Leia hairstyle on showing of Revenge in Zagreb. ;) I felt like such a nerd, but that's how I met some StarWars fans there. :p

12. marte

marte Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    well, I just held my head up high beaming radious smiles around me, as the normalest thing in the world :)) but honestly, france was the first country to show the movie in the WORLD and still they didn't show more enthusiasm...
    oh forgot one more thing I like about SW: I LOVE LOVE lightsaber fights :)

13. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Very true. I'm a 26 year old man, and I cried my eyes out during ROTS, primarilly because it was the one film I have been waiting to see ever since I was a child. It started at the "I will do what I must" line, and didn't really stop until the end. The first breath in the mask got me as well, and the very end - the seperation of the twins REALLY got me...It's because it was Luke and Leia...as soon as I heard Leia's theme being played, that was it for me, the floodgates really opened up.

Besides, when I saw it, George Lucas himself was in attendance, so to see everything I wanted to see, and have my hero there in the flesh at the same time, I couldn't help it.

14. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    I am a 22 year old man and I cried throughout the second half of the movie... :_|

15. darth-dreamer

darth-dreamer Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2005
    I am a french girl and a Star Wars fan too !

16. Darthana

Jun 24, 2005
    Was "I will do what I must" line in that scene when Anakin sits alone in the Council meeting room? I watched the movie 3 times, but I can't really remember...
    I also cried in that scene. It is so soul-stirring... :(

I also love lightsaber fights, but the thing that fascinates me the most about the Star Wars is the music.
    I love classical music, and Jonh Williams is absolutely great. My favourite music from Star wars is Across the stars.

17. siLv_Rieekan

siLv_Rieekan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    NO thats a Obi-Wan line, he is saying that to Anakin rightthe moment befor they start the ending fight.

Obi-Wan: I will do what i must!
    Abakin: You will try..

18. Darthana

Jun 24, 2005
    Oh, my mistake. But it is a good scene too.

19. Deciple_of_Malak

Deciple_of_Malak Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2005
    My ex, now my best friend, is into Star wars, and she rules! ;) ;) ;)

20. Darthana

Jun 24, 2005
    Why, thank you dear. :p

21. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Leia's starwarsish buns!
    Dammit, why haven't I thought of that... :p

22. Darth_Father-in-law

Darth_Father-in-law Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    I´m Star Wars freak from Finland,and a girl,of course.[face_batting]
    I just love Star Wars,and i´ve loved since I was seven years old.Star Wars is just the best!

23. JediSara

JediSara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2004
    I rule. [face_peace]

24. Urkanoid

May 6, 2005
    Well, all I gotta say is I love you guys, all of ya, boys 'n' gals! I just can't help it, I need to express my love to all of my fellow SW fans... Being into SW is to be an eternal kid and one with a pure heart, too. Oops, I-I'm getting all misty here...:_|

25. Darth_marios

Darth_marios Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 17, 2005
    I cried my guts out(literally, I almost threw up[face_sick]) when I saw the ending titles. It just hit me then, "THIS is the last scene you will ever see of star-wars in a theater, without ever having seen it again". Oh god that was harsh of you lucas. That was damn harsh. I guess that I have to go with Urkanoid's first post though. I have NEVER known a girl SW-fan in person. Am I so unlucky, or u like face extinction or something?[face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.