main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Githany's Light Saber whip thingy.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sabrajaguar, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    I Know Star Wars is very Fantasy oriented But come on. that wip is impossible even by GFFA physics! If it was a Psionic whip generated by the force (like Seynka; Magnetos acolytes) I would understand. but a light saber whip? Dulephased and Double Bladed lightsbers are rear but nothing new! but this Laser Whip is unlike anything possible or even "been done".

Can anyone explain this!?

2. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Lumiya has one... :mad:

3. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Sabra...
    Lightwhips are old news for Star Wars - existing since 1985/86. They're ancient Sith weapons.

The most infamous wielder of the dreaded lightwhip is Sith Lord, Lumiya - the master of the lightwhip.

Saber crystals are attached to the whips' "tendrils" - which allow the Force/magnetic field of a lightsaber to conform to the whip. So, you end up with actually a "dual-phased" weapon of overwhelming destructive potential. Unlike a lightsaber, a lightwhip acts on two levels - the physical "tendrils" as well as the "lightsaber" tendrils which are channeled along the whip's flexible part.

It was this dual nature of Lumiya's lightwhip which forced Luke to resort to a second lightsaber. He had his butt handed to him the first time they met. However, he was able to use one saber to fight the Force/energy aspect of the lightwhip, while blocking the physical aspect with the other.

4. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Done well enough, it would look spectacular in a live action sequence. Genghis, you just gave me an idea...

5. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Don't worry, Lucas is sure to have a spurt of inspiration and come up with a cool "new" weapon like Maul's double-bladed saber for Episode III... :mad:

6. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2001
    [image=http://www.geocities.com/darkjedi_70/do_githany_whip.jpg]

A custom I have done.

7. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I don't think you can link pics from geocities onto other sites. :(

I took the liberty of going to your website and finding it though. Here ya go.

EDIT: I see ya got the pic working. :D Good work with the figs btw.

8. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    His pic doesn't work... You see it now because it's in your temp files. ;)

And to link to Geocities pics, simply add a '?' at the end of the URL...

9. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    That still doesn't work 100% of the time for geocities. I recommend getting a lycos photcenter account.

10. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Ahh, thats why. Well, my link still worked, right?

If not, just go to the link in his signature and you can see some more pics of it and others.

11. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Yes, links to geocities accounts tend to work, but links to the direct pictures don't always.

Also for links that won't work clicking on them, sometimes just drag and dropping it up on the address bar will work.

12. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Yep. Its screwy.

13. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    1985/86? Since I was 5 then 6 at that time I am a bit out of the loop. Also I Have never heard of this Limuya person Sith thing?

14. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Marvel is being reprinted over the next couple of years. Check it out.

Thats the short answer. Genghis'll come along and give ya the long one.

15. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999

"Saber crystals are attached to the whips' "tendrils" - which allow the Force/magnetic field of a lightsaber to conform to the whip. So, you end up with actually a "dual-phased" weapon of overwhelming destructive potential. Unlike a lightsaber, a lightwhip acts on two levels - the physical "tendrils" as well as the "lightsaber" tendrils which are channeled along the whip's flexible part. "

Except that,not including the pommel and everything in it,GFithany's lightwhip has no physical parts. Just tghe lightsabre like whip.

16. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    Was there any reference to lightwhips in the Darkside Sourcebook? If so I must have misssed them. There wasn't even anything about Lumiya was there?

17. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    In Gamer 5, and gamer 8, most recently.

18. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Yep, Gamer is #5 is what you're looking for if you want RPG stuff for her. Gamer #8 if you want to explore an Adventure Root with her and the Vong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.