main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Giver of Light - Book 1: Finding a Father in a Memory (JA; AU~Qui, Obi, Xan) *Completed 12/4/04*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMaster_Jen, Sep 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
  2. General_Karrde

General_Karrde Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2004
    I think we are all hooked Briman. :D

I'll be waiting for the post!

Uppers!

3. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    This is coming back UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for chapter ten, I'm patiently waiting, it's going to be good... :D

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ch.8 - Obi, Obi Obi, looks like he's got a bit of his master's rogueness in him. This is one time I wish he would stick to the Code! Ahh, poor Obi-Wan, feeling he's stuck with hurting someone. Ooh, I had hope for a reconciliation between Xanatos and Qui-Gon... hmmm, wonder what happened to that communique???

CH.9 - I hope Obi-Wan confiding in his father of Palpatine may ring a host of bad feelings!! ?Could someone have deliberately intercepted the message from Xanatos and prevented me from seeing it?? Exactly my fears!! Oh dear, how will Obi-lWan react to the fact his father's invitation to be with him was no more than a test?

Excellent posts!

5. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Briman~Thanks for the ups.

General_Karrde~I'll be waiting for the post!

You won't have to wait long.

Healer_Leona~Obi, Obi Obi, looks like he's got a bit of his master's rogueness in him.

He definitely does, but it also comes from Xan.

Ooh, I had hope for a reconciliation between Xanatos and Qui-Gon...

Don't lose hope yet. ;)

Oh dear, how will Obi-lWan react to the fact his father's invitation to be with him was no more than a test?

Probably not at all like you expect.

Excellent posts!

Thanx and bunch. :)

Hello everyone. I just got back from Sacramento, and I'm very tired. [face_laugh] Anyway, chapter 10 will be posted tomorrow night. I'm doing some fine tuning on it right now, so look for it tomorrow evening.

6. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    :oops: Man have I gotten so behind on this!!

Man oh man! So that's what Palpy wanted with them! [face_thinking] hrmmm so he wants to do some scrounging about on some folks. Hehehe how ironic that Dooku is among that listing ;)

So Anakin is already there at the Temple? Hehehehe and Xan is pondering on the lad? Hrmmm this could definitely become even more interesting!!

How sad that Qui never received that message from Xan those years ago :( And of course Xan doesn't know that he never got it. Well hopefully those two can eventually mend their rift...but that's all yet to be seen, eh?

And Obi...poor kid...decision he's gonna have to make eventually is not easy!

Great work!! Sorry about getting behind! Can't wait for the next chappie!

7. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    *chants chapter ten*

:D

8. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Thanks Kynstar and Briman.

Darth Real Life--good as it can be sometimes--always gets hectic for me around the holidays. As such, I will not be updating this story until this weekend. Thanks for sticking with me everyone. Only chapters 10 and 11, plus and epilogue remain. After that, the sequel will begin. Hopefully.

9. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Can't wait!

10. General_Karrde

General_Karrde Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2004
    [face_chicken] Happy Thanksgiving! [face_chicken]

11. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    No Chapter Ten. I'm going to cry.

12. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Don't cry Zara. Ch. 10 is being posted Sunday evening.

13. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Yippee. Yahoo.

14. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    General_Karrde~Happy Thanksgiving

Thanks. Hope your holiday was great as well.

Chapter 10

Obi-Wan stepped hesitantly into the quarters he shared with Qui-Gon Jinn. He looked around and his eyes quickly landed on the form of his Master. Steeling himself for the punishment he knew was forthcoming, he entered the room fully.

Qui-Gon gazed at his apprentice as the young man approached him, shoulders hunched. He looked like a lost, lonely young child. Only one thing could have put that look on Obi-Wan’s face, and Qui-Gon was certain he knew exactly what that one thing was.

“Your father told you, didn’t he?” Qui-Gon asked quietly. “About the test?”

“You knew?” Obi-Wan questioned.

“I was informed by the Council after we returned that Xanatos had been sent to Praxus to test your commitment to the Jedi,” he admitted. “What prompted him to tell you the truth?” Qui asked, very interested in the answer.

Obi-Wan walked over to the couch and sat down next to his mentor. “We were in the training room watching the Initiates compete in their lightsaber tournament and we were talking. He asked me a few questions about Anakin Skywalker and I…,” he began, but Qui-Gon interrupted.

“He asked about the Skywalker boy?”

Obi-Wan nodded. “He was watching him in the competition. You know how Anakin likes the acrobatic style of saber fighting. Father was impressed with his ability, that’s all.”

Qui-Gon merely nodded. He knew there was something more behind Xanatos’ interest in Anakin Skywalker. He himself had often noticed the immense talent and power in the Force young Anakin possessed.

“Running away from me was unacceptable, Obi-Wan,” Qui-Gon said, changing the subject.

“I know, Master. I was just so angry at you for forbidding me to have any contact with my father,” the young man uttered quietly. “I’m sorry, Master. I don’t mean to disobey you, but…,” he stopped, not sure how to convey his feelings on the matter.

Qui-Gon stood and began pacing in front of Obi-Wan. “I realize that the novelty of having a father is enticing for you, Obi-Wan. Unlike many other young Jedi in this Temple, you have always wondered about your father. Now that he’s here and you’ve had the opportunity to meet him and spend a little time with him, I expect that your curiosity has abated.”

“It hasn’t abated at all, Master,” Obi-wan stated clearly and decisively. “If anything, my curiosity about him has deepened. I want to know my father, Master; everything there is to know about him. I can’t accomplish that in a few days or a few hours. It’ll take years to even come close. I want the chance, Master.”

Qui-Gon couldn’t believe his ears. “Why is knowing him so important to you, Padawan?” he inquired.

Obi-Wan stood as well. “I don’t know how to explain it to you, Master. You’ve never been in this situation and you likely never will be. He’s my father, Master. There’s this connection between us that I can feel, that I can touch. That’s how I remembered him in the first place when we were on Praxus. He gave me that memory when I was an infant, Master, and I was able to recall it all these years later. It had very little to do with Jedi powers, and much to do with the connection that I share with him. Our blood is the same, Master.”

“Obi-wan, blood is not what connects people to one another. Biology has very little to do with being a parent,” he informed Obi-Wan.

“I know that too, Master. You’ve been like a father to me in the two years we’ve been Master and Padawan. But…,” he paused, weighing his next words very carefully before speaking,”…the blood my father and I share means more to me than anything else right now.”

Staring into Obi-Wan’s blue-gray eyes as the young man made his speech; Qui-Gon knew he was losing him. In the short time they’d known one another, Xanatos had managed to work his way into Obi-Wan’s thoughts, into his heart.

Steeling himself against the answer he knew would follow his question, Qui-Gon asked the question he was dreading. “Is it your wish to accompany Xanatos back to Telos when he leaves next week?”

Tears pooling in his eyes and despair boiling in his heart, Obi-Wan met Qui-Gon’s stare with his own. “Yes, Master,” he whispered, his voice cracking as his tears fell.

After having told Obi-Wan the truth behind their meeting on Telos, Xanatos now found himself seeking out the presence of young Anakin Skywalker. Obi-Wan had reacted to his news surprisingly well and now he had decided to turn his attention towards the boy he believed was the Chosen One.

“You’re looking for me, aren’t you?” came a young voice from behind Xanatos.

Xanatos spun on his booted heel and came face to face with Anakin Skywalker. Being only twelve years old, Anakin was very tall. His blonde hair was shaggy and disheveled. His bright blue eyes were full of mischief and happiness. Xanatos could immediately sense that despite the anger he’d been told Anakin possessed, the boy was full of goodness and the wish to make things right, to do things right.

“Yes, I am. I’m Knight Xanatos Renashaii. It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance Anakin Skywalker,” Xanatos said as he executed a small bow towards the boy.

Anakin smiled. He liked this man. “It’s a pleasure to meet you as well, Knight Renashaii. I saw you watching me earlier during my lightsaber competition,” the youngling confessed.

Xanatos smiled brightly. “I understand you triumphed over your competition. Well done.”

Anakin simply gave an embarrassed shrug at the praise. He was used to hearing people praise his accomplishments, but also berate him for his failures.

“Be proud of your abilities Anakin, but do not let them make you arrogant. You’re very gifted and you’ll be a great Jedi one day, but you must always remember that you are merely one of many Jedi in the galaxy. Your abilities will naturally set you apart from the others, but I caution you to not let them set you above the others,” Xanatos told Anakin, his voice very serious.

Anakin contemplated those words for a few moments. “I understand, Knight Renashaii.”

Xanatos patted the boy on the shoulder. “Now, we must discuss the reason I was seeking you out in the first place.”

“Which was what exactly?” Anakin asked.

Xanatos knelt on one knee in from of the tall boy. “Anakin Skywalker, I would be honored if you would consider accepting me as your Jedi Master.”

“Are we seriously considering letting Xanatos have control of both Obi-Wan and the Skywalker boy, Master?” Mace questioned Yoda as the pair sat together sipping tea in Yoda’s quarters.

Yoda’s ears rose slightly. “Decided, I already have. Go with Xanatos, Obi-Wan and Anakin will.”

“You’re willing to put the two most powerful Jedi to ever exist under the tutelage of one man, a former fallen Jedi?” Mace asked, his voice betraying his skepticism. “I know that Xanatos is a Knight and that he has become one of the best, but is this truly the wisest course of action, Master?”

“The wisest choice we have, no it is not. The best choice we have, it certainly is. Save or destroy the Republic and the Jedi, Obi-Wan and Anakin will, together. Sure of that, I am.”

Mace took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. He understood what Yoda was trying to tell him. He had no idea how the future would unfold. The Force would not grant him a vision of that, but he did know that no matter what the outcome, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker would travel their paths together.

15. DarkDream

DarkDream Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    Obi is leaving?! :_|
    With Skywalker and Xanatos?!! :_| :_|

Very good chapter, JediMaster_Jen! =D=
    Sons in Shadow... Obi isn't going to turn is he? [face_worried]

I can't wait to read the rest!
    Yours,
    DarkDream

16. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Great chapter!! Uh oh... Yoda is gonna allow Xan both?? Wowzers... ;)

Oh boy... the sequal sounds dark and enticing! [face_mischief] Juz my type of story!! :D

Can't wait until this story's next chapter! Wow! Juz one left and the epilogue? Wow! Bet you're happy! :D

Hope your holidays fare well! :D Stay safe and warm!

17. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Xan be a good father and invite Qui-Gon along. Your son still needs him. You still need him.

18. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Xan taking Anakin and Obi-Wan, I like that, sounds very interesting to me. Great chapter!!!!! I can't wait in till the rest comes and the sequel starts, it sounds promising.

19. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    DarkDream~Very good chapter, JediMaster_Jen!

Thanks. :)

Obi is leaving?!
    With Skywalker and Xanatos?!!

Welllll...................yes, he is. :( I told him not to do it, but he has a mind of his own.

Kynstar~Great chapter!!

Thank you.

Oh boy... the sequal sounds dark and enticing!

It's gonna be. Hopefully.

Juz one left and the epilogue? Wow! Bet you're happy!

I am. Writing this, while fun and fulfilling, has been a chore.

Hope your holidays fare well! Stay safe and warm!

Thank you. Right back at ya.

ZaraValinor~ Xan be a good father and invite Qui-Gon along. Your son still needs him. You still need him.

My thoughts exactly, Zara. But will Xan listen to me if I tell him that? I doubt it. [face_laugh]

Briman~ Great chapter!!!!!

Thanks a bunch.

Xan taking Anakin and Obi-Wan, I like that, sounds very interesting to me.

It's gonna be interesting, for sure. That aspect will play out in Book 2.

20. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Can't wait!

21. DarkDream

DarkDream Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    I told him not to do it, but he has a mind of his own. - Damn! :D

22. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Don't worry Briman, it won't be long now.

DarkDream~Damn!

My feelings exactly.

23. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    I hope so!

24. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Hello Readers,

Chapter 11 and the epilogue are all finished and they will be posted Sunday evening. As for the sequel, posting will begin on the Saga board January 5th. Be there.

25. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Sounds great! I'll be patiently waiting, you can count on that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.