main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends Giver of Light-Book II: Sons In Shadow (AU~ Siriwan, Xanatos, Garen Muln, A/P)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMaster_Jen, Dec 4, 2004.

1. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Title: Giver of Light-Book II: Sons in Shadow
    Co-Authors: N/A
    Timeframe: 32 BBY- ?? BBY
    Genre: Drama, Angst, Romance, Action, Adventure
    Canonicity: AU
    Type: Epic, Series
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Qui-Gon Jinn, Xanatos Renashaii, Sheev Palpatine, OC's
    Summary: As darkness approaches, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker must find a way to remain in the light
    Last updated: March 2007
    Other relevant information: Sequel to Giver of Light-Book I: Finding a Father in a Memory

Disclaimer: George Lucas created Star Wars. Star Wars, LucasFilm Ltd. and all its content are currently owned and operated by the Walt Disney Company.

/////

Prologue
    22 BBY

”Obi-Wan, don’t do this! I know you, you’re better than this!” the Jedi yelled.

“Shut up! You know nothing about me!” Obi-Wan screamed back, his handsome features twisted into a mask of pure hatred.

“Please Obi-Wan, please don’t take this last step. Please, we used to be…” the Jedi pleaded, the question ‘why?’ clearly seen on his tanned face.

“Stop! What we used to be doesn’t matter anymore. We are nothing to one another now! That is what matters!” Obi-Wan told him heatedly.

The snap-hiss of Obi-Wan’s lightsaber humming to life enveloped the Jedi in a state of shock. There was no mistaking the significance of the moment. The crimson glow gave the Jedi his answer. Obi-Wan Kenobi had fallen. The dark side of the Force had stolen his soul. The blackness of evil had stained his heart. He was truly gone.

Blue-gray eyes snapped open as Obi-Wan Kenobi awakened from his dream. Sweat was beaded on his bare chest. He slowly climbed from the bed he shared with his wife and made his way from the bedroom out onto the terrace. The night air was chilly, but it felt good on the overheated skin of his chest.

“Come back to bed, my love,” his wife whispered, her arms wrapping around his waist from behind him.

Turning in her embrace, Obi-Wan leaned down and connected their lips in a passionate kiss. He poured all his feelings for the woman in his arms into the mating of their mouths.

“I love you, Ben,” she whispered as the kiss ended, her breathing erratic.

“I love you too, Dasha,” he returned easily. “More than anything, even my own life. I would die for you.”

Dasha rested her head against his bare chest, her arms holding him tightly. She closed her eyes and tried to relax. She knew he meant his words, but she often wondered what loving her so completely might cost him; what it might one day cost her. The last ting she ever wanted to lose her precious husband.

(Edited 6/20/2021)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
  2. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    To put it simply...THIS IS GOING TO BE GOOD! I like where you've taken this story, and I can't wait in till the chapters show up on this story.

You've got me hooked for sure!

3. DarkDream

DarkDream Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    I have to agree with Briman. I will definitly be good!!

Was the Jedi in Obi's dream Qui-Gon? :confused:

4. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Briman~To put it simply...THIS IS GOING TO BE GOOD! I like where you've taken this story, and I can't wait in till the chapters show up on this story.

Thanks very much. I've decided that I can't wait until January to start posting this story, so the first chapter will be up next week sometime.

You've got me hooked for sure!

Yay. =D=

DarkDream~Thanks so much.

Was the Jedi in Obi's dream Qui-Gon?

Telling you that would spoil the surprise, wouldn't it? [face_laugh]

5. DarkDream

Sep 22, 2004
    Telling you that would spoil the surprise, wouldn't it?

Guess you are right... :D

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Arrghhhh, evil girl!! :eek:

What is going on??? What happened and when will we find out???

7. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Whoa... Obi's married? Wowzers that was a quick fast forward in time *snrk*

[face_thinking] He should worry about the dream, the Dark Side is everywhere and can nab ya at anytime! hehehe

Great work! Can't wait until you start posting it :D Looks awesome!

8. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Hi!

I read Book 1 and I was intrigued.

Now, I'm definitively hooked.

To paraphrase C-3P0, "Oh, my!"

And about the last line, all I can say is, "I have a bad feeling about this."

MTFBWY,

Lauré ;)

9. TraxxasJedi

TraxxasJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2004
    What torture!

10. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    DarkDream~Guess you are right...

Well, thanks for saying that. I'm not right very often.

Healer_Leona~Arrghhhh, evil girl!!

Evil? Me? ;)

What is going on??? What happened and when will we find out???

Lots of things will be going on and you;ll be finding out soon. I promise.

Kynstar~Whoa... Obi's married? Wowzers that was a quick fast forward in time *snrk*

It was quick, huh? Well, all will be explained. In time. ;)

Great work! Can't wait until you start posting it Looks awesome!

Thanks a bunch.

laurethiel1138~Hi!

I read Book 1 and I was intrigued.

Now, I'm definitively hooked.

To paraphrase C-3P0, "Oh, my!"

And about the last line, all I can say is, "I have a bad feeling about this."

MTFBWY,

Lauré

So glad you liked Book 1. I hope you enjoy Book 2 as much.

TraxxasJedi~What torture!

[face_laugh] It won't all be torture.

11. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
  12. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Double UPs!

13. Skywalker_Angel

Skywalker_Angel Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    Interesting start.

We will get to see Obi and Dasha's wedding right? And an explanation for it?

14. Fated2Bdespised

Fated2Bdespised Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2004
    Great start! I will be looking for updates on this one!

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Bringing this up in hopes that the author will gift us with an update!

16. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    HOw did I miss this. I don't know if I'll be able to wait.

17. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Briman, Angel, Fated2Bdespised, VaderLVR, and Zara, thanks so much for reading and uping the fic.

Sunday is when Chapter 1 will be posted. I made a few changes so my beta is looking it over again and when she gets it back to me, up it will go.

18. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Sounds great! I'll be waiting!

19. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Hope the first chapter is posted soon, I'm dying of anticipation here!

20. DarkDream

Sep 22, 2004
  21. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Hello readers. Thanks for all of your patience regarding this fic. Darth Real Life has reared his ugly head in my life and I will not be posting the first chapter until tomorrow evening. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jen

22. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    No problem, one more day will not hurt...much.

23. DarkDream

Sep 22, 2004
    We'll wait...

24. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Chapter 1

“Dasha said you had another one last night,” sounded a deep voice from behind Obi-Wan.

“Dasha needs to learn to mind her own business,” snapped the meditating Jedi Knight.

A chuckle escaped the mouth of Anakin Skywalker as he stepped next to his best friend, his brother in all but blood.

“She’s your wife and she cares about you. You are her business,” he scolded the older man.

Obi-Wan slowly opened his eyes, his meditation ended.

“I know she cares about me, Anakin. She wants to help me and be there for me and she is most of the time. But sometimes she can’t help. My dreams, my nightmares are…” he started, then stopped.

“They’re just dreams, Obi-Wan. Dreams pass in time, you know that,” twenty-two year-old Anakin reminded his friend. “You have to stop letting them get to you like this.”

Obi-Wan turned to look at his taller friend. “They’re more than just dreams, Anakin. Every night, I fall to the dark side in my sleep. It’s always so real. I’m always fighting someone; Qui-Gon, you, sometimes even my father or Garen.”

Anakin cleared his throat and then rested a hand on Obi-Wan’s shoulder. “You know that we’ll never be in that position. No matter who we face, or what circumstances befall either of us, we’ll never do battle on opposite sides of the war. I promise you that, my friend.”

Obi-Wan just nodded slowly. He wanted to believe Anakin. He wanted for the words to be true, but like so many things in his life lately, everything seemed to ring hollow to him.

“Now come on, Master Xan sent me out here to find you. We received a summons from the Jedi Council. We’re going back to Coruscant,” Anakin stated cheerfully, his eagerness readily apparent in his attitude.

“Why do you have to go now?” Dasha angrily questioned her husband.

“I’m a Jedi, Dasha, you knew that when you agreed to marry me. If the Council requests my presence, then I must go,” Obi-Wan stated, trying with all of his might to remain calm in the face of her anger.

“Oh, of course,” she spewed sarcastically. “If the mighty Jedi Council wants you, you come running. But if I need you, you’re nowhere to be found. You’re either with your father or…” she managed before her throat suddenly clamped shut and she could no longer draw a breath.

Obi-Wan stood across the room from his wife, his black-gloved hand clenched into a fist. His breathing had deepened. His normally calm blue-gray eyes had darkened. His entire being had shifted from one of only minor irritation to total rage in just a matter of moments.

“Where I am when I’m not with you is none of your concern, Dasha,” he told her, his voice low and deep.

With her face turning blue from lack of oxygen, Dasha nodded her head slowly. Obi-Wan released his Force-choke and calmly went back to his packing, none of his rage from seconds before showing at all.

“I’ll be on Coruscant for a few days at most, then most likely a few extra days for the mission,” he told her as he headed for the door. As he reached it, he turned back to her. “We have things to discuss when I return.”

Dasha, frightened by her husband’s irrational and hateful actions, merely shook her head. Obi-Wan seemed satisfied with her acknowledgement of his words. He opened the door and swept from the room, his dark Jedi robe swaying behind him.

Xanatos was waiting by the ship for Obi-Wan and Anakin when the two men arrived. Ten years hadn’t aged Xan very much. His long hair was still ink black, despite him being nearly fifty years old. His sapphire blue eyes still sparkled with mischief and a recklessness that had never abated.

“What took you both so long?” he asked the pair.

Anakin smiled. Obi-Wan shrugged. Together they spoke. “Was the wait wearing you down, old man?” they asked playfully.

Xanatos laughed. They were always teasing him about his age, as if being close to fifty suddenly made him weak and fragile. “Laugh all you like, younglings. One of these days, you both will be my age.”

Anakin smiled again. “That may be true, Master, but not for a long time.”

Xanatos playfully pulled on Anakin’s padawan braid as the young man walked by him and up the ramp into the ship.

“You’re not old, Father,” Obi-Wan told Xanatos, his voice serious.

Xanatos smiled at his son; the boy that was now a man. “I know that, Ben.”

“How long until they arrive in the capitol?” the robed figure asked.

“Three days, Senator,” came the response from the young senatorial aide worker.

“Good, very good indeed. Please send a request to the Jedi Temple. I would like to have a chat with young Obi-Wan Kenobi,” Senator Palpatine told the young man standing in front of him.

“Yes Senator, I’ll send the request myself,” he said before turning and hurrying from the room.

Palpatine simply nodded. Kenobi’s departure from Coruscant ten years earlier had been a surprise he had not foreseen. But now he was back; the boy had become a Jedi, a powerful and skilled Jedi. Now was the time to put his plans into action. Kenobi would be his.

25. TraxxasJedi

TraxxasJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2004
    you got that right...