main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Giving it a second try

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ia-Bou, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    I would really be happy if everyone gave this fan force thing a second try. Please guys, lets forget all the crappy stuff that happened and just start over. Remember we all have one thing in common... Star Wars :)

Ia

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Well you're welcome to head over to Daytona Beach and kick it with the Beachtroopers :)

3. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Hey Ia! Nice to see you around again.

I think it's mainly just a lack of interest in the meetings. Or real life conflicts. The Melbourne group hasn't met in a while because members have stopped coming because of working on weekends, a couple (like me) have been out of town for a while.
    I know the Orlando group has had several tries at meetings recently but they only get a couple for whatever reasons. Most of the time it is scheduling conflicts or whatnot.

:) Finding the time a bunch of people can get together seems to be hard with us.

Art

4. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Yeah, we up in Daytona are having the same problem right now considering all of our members are college students and about 95% are or will be out of state for summer vacation soon.

5. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    what happened!!! What did I miss? Welcome back! Maybe if it was something bad we can be the Siths of Mayhem and tear this place apart!

6. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hey all! :)

This is just a suggestion, but perhaps you all should come up with a set meeting day for every month. For example, we in Atlanta meet the third Saturday of every month at noon. Occasionally we have to change the date or time due to conventions or holidays, but we usually stick to that. Sure, this might mean that not everyone can come every single month, but it is easier for our members who work on Saturdays to request a day off if they know when and where we'll be meeting well in advance.

Again, this is just a humble suggestion from your friendly neighborhood RSA. :)

7. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    i think that is all a good idea :) would anyone like to try another picnic?

we could have a really good one...somewhere easy to get to...where does everyone live...we could do this somewhere that a lot of the local chapters can get to :)

it will be like a florida get together

8. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Hey guys, don't give up. We have had the same problem over the winter, but we keep going and it works out. We keep in touch via the forums and our Yahoo group. It is worth it to keep going even if it is sparse sometimes. If we know far enough in advance I will try to come up for a picnic or event and will try to get other members from the Tampa group to come along. DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!Sereana-aka-Marie
    Tampabay FF

9. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah peeps!!! Let's have this frelling meeting already! I think we should meet in some alley in Orlando and rename ourselves the alley womprats! or meet at the parliament house! They would love to have us I am sure.. Maybe at some park? Oh we are sooo doomed- lets put a fork in this club and call it quits.

10. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    I'd rather put a spoon in it, they seem to be more humorous. But instead of a club, could we not have a gang? See, if we did meet in a dark alley and renamed ourselves to the Womprat thing, I think we'd be more of a "gang" of sorts.

Or what about a clique? Orlando Fan Force Clique. We could be a herd?

The Parliament House idea, while joking, actually made me laugh. I can just picture a bunch of Star Wars "geeks" showing up and discussing the finer points of how ridiculous the character of Thrawn is (had to throw that in since I hate him) or Greedo's high school years all the while we have a naked guy in front of us trying to get five bucks.

Sorry, I just got a vision when I read what you wrote, and I literally laughed out loud, too funny.

Brandon
    bwolgast@cfl.rr.com

11. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    I'd go there in chaps with no pants on.

12. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    hahaha. So, we have a book store or a strip club to pick from? Maybe afterwords we could all get together at someone's place and watch that anime "Star Ballz." We'd have to make sure everyone has a parent or guardian, though. =)

Brandon
    bwolgast@cfl.rr.com

13. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    ok then can we set a date sometime at the begining of august?

:)

14. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Man Star Ballz sounds awesome! I saw a copy of that at Megacon- I should have got it! Why August? Why not late July?

15. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    I agree, sometime in July would probably be best. However, if August is better for everyone else, that is fine, too; but my vote goes for sometime in July.

As for Star Ballz... I actually grabbed it at MegaCon when I saw it. From what I had read, Lucas was sueing them or something and trying to stop all copies from being sold or whatever (who really knows), so I picked it up when I saw it. And, amazingly for MegaCon, it was not a bootleg. =)

Brandon
    bwolgast@cfl.rr.com

16. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Hey you guys! Greetings from Colombia! I should be back home on the 20th of July so if you guys have the meeting at least remember me!

Once I get back, I will make sure to update the site. Down here I have to pay for internet so I don't have time to update it. Dan, you know the passwords and everything so if you want to practice your HTML, go right ahead and do whatever!

Greetings to all my pals whom I haven't been able to email!

Pikaroth: We like the moon! I gotta talk to you so just wait til July 20th.

17. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Yes, we do like the moon, very much so. Stefanie is right, though, the meeting should be after the 20th of July so she can attend. The 20th is a Sunday, so the next weekend or whenever. Thinking that, perhaps very early August would be best.

Either way, I'm sure it will work out. If the meetings pick up again, I want to say now that sometime in September or October, I, too, will be out of the country (Italy and Greece), so those will be without me, but before and after that, I'll be there just as long as they are held on weekends. I'd prefer Saturdays over Sundays, but I know that it seems most people prefer Sundays. For me, though, Saturdays provide more time.

And, Stefanie, I need to talk to you, too. We have many movies to see to catch you up on. Oh, and wait until you see what I picked up for you. It's something you wanted, and I managed to get another one (you can probably guess what it is, laugh), but it is probably the coolest Star Wars related thing ever...

Brandon
    bwolgast@cfl.rr.com

P.S. Lightbulbs!

18. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    how about the first weekend in august, or the last weekend in july. which is better a sunday afternoon or all day saturday ?

ia

19. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Nah. You guys dont have to wait for me. I won't be able to attend the next weekend either since I have band camp Saturday and Sunday will be my online class/memorize music day.

Brandon: If it's the thing I'm thinking of then I love you from here til the end of time! OMG OMG OMG!!! IS IT RED WITH BLACK BACKGROUND AND A BIG VADER AND A BIG REVENGE ON IT?!?!?!?! IS IT?!?! IS IT?!?!?!

20. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Okay, here we go. First, Stefanie, be prepared to at least semi-love me then. Finally, *someone* outside of my pets will love me.

And now for the gathering. From what I have read and the people I have spoken with, it seems as though we might actually have a decent sized group. First thing is in regards to making sure everyone can get there. Most of us can drive, but there are some that can't. If Stefanie is here when we have it, I'll bring her, so that is covered. However, I know Anthony cannot drive, nor can Dave, and there might be others. Dave has not posted lately, but hopefully he is reading this. I am close to him (we're both in Winter Springs), so if his parents or friends can't take him, I might be able to. Anyway, if anyone does *not* have a way to get to wherever it is held at, I'd highly recommend posting that, so people can make plans to take you and what not.

As for day and time. I agree that later in July or very early August would be best. That should give everyone *ample* time to make plans. August 2 might work out. It is one month off, and by that time, we should all be able to come to a good conclusion on where to go and at what time. That, though, is a Saturday, and as we have mentioned before, some might prefer Sunday. I won't speak for everyone, but I'd assume Saturday is better for most people in terms of jobs and school. Sunday is the day before work/school again, can't do anything too late, and it just seems like a mess (plus, anyone that knows me knows that I despise Sundays; they feel "dirty," (don't ask)). I'm just kind of "blah" on Sundays.

Saturday, though, school should not be an excuse for anyone (trust me, as someone that has gone from K-12 and then four years of college, I know for a fact that no one studies *every* Saturday, especially every single hour, so even those in school, college or high school, should be able to get enough time away). As for work, well, work is work. I know some of us work some weekends, even I do, but if we plan this in enough time, I'll make sure I won't be working that day.

Anyway, my official vote goes for Saturday, August 2, 2003. Time is a non-issue to me, so it can be discussed further at any time. Location, too, is not that big of a deal, though, I think depending upon the amount of people that come, we might want to think of somewhere besides the bookstore (good meeting place, though).

If anyone wishes for the meeting to be earlier, that's fine, too, and we can obviously discuss that. I just think that knowing it this far in advance should give everyone enough time to make sure they can attend, and to be honest, if I am to go, I'd prefer that James, Dan, and Stefanie be there for the simple fact they were at the first one I attended. If not for Stefanie, I would not have ever even have come, so her attendance is paramount as are both Dan and James.

Anyway, there we have it; that is more than my two cents.

Brandon
    bwolgast@cfl.rr.com

21. AdmlDave

AdmlDave Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2003
    Fear not, Dave is still here. Yeah, I can do August 2nd as long as it is after 11AM.

22. COPAZIE

COPAZIE Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2000
    The 2nd of August sounds like a winner to me too... all we need now is a location... I suppose someplace in the UCF area would be easiest for most of you... I live close to downtown, but that's an easy enough hop for me... any ideas?

23. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Brandon... Brandon... Brandon--- My god! Your replies are book sized! Hey Stef bring me back some of Colombia's finest- uh coffee yeah. Well make sure you have it in coffee. Okay someone pick the date already!!!! AHHHHH!!!!! I will be at the meeting with my chaps on. So Brandon was "Star Ballz" any good? Oh anyways- Hey Stef! See ya peeps later- I am going to IOA Saturday!!! Later peeps and freaks mainly freaks. I went back and read of your books Brandon- yeah- Dan and I have been to more meetings! In fact I have been to 3 or 4 Orlando meetings in the last year and one get together!!! I am a veteran! Yeah if it wasn't for Stef and her go get'em attitude I would only be at the Melbourne meetings!! I keep trying to rally the troops but I guess everyone responds better to a peppy chica.

24. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    You know, I fail to understand why anyone considers my posts that large. That entire thing could not have taken me more than two minutes to type, maximum. Do people read slowly nowadays?

As should be obvious, and especially to those that have chatted with me, I type rather quickly (three years of typing in high school, countless essays and research papers, and the fact I type daily can do that to a person).

So, sadly, my posts will probably never be what most people would consider "short." However, my last post, the one you reference above, to *me* is short. In college, my average paper length was roughly 40 pages (guessing from memory on this). My e-mails, as some here can tell you, can become epic in length. But, again, it does not take me any time to type them, it just kind of flows, and, well, there you have it.

"Star Ballz" - well, it is, how shall we say it? I'll just say it is "dirty." =) Rather graphic, rather funny, and completely Star Wars. If it were ever watched in a group setting, it would require everyone be 17 or over or accompanied by a parent or legal guaridan over the age of 21. Perhaps we should have an "Adult Star Wars Gathering"? Then again, maybe not...

Okay, so, it looks like August 2nd should be a good day. Unless something changes or someone comes up with some uber-idea, I, and most people here, will just assume the meeting is August 2.

Now, though, we must decide on time and place...

Begin!

Brandon
    bwolgast@cfl.rr.com

25. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    Hmm, time, well, it would be comviente for it to be sometime after 12, perhaps 1, or 2? whichever you choose, because the 2nd is a saturday, and i have church, if i could, i'd skip one day fo church, but u know how it is...starwars....church....star wars...church... it's a tough one here folks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.