main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Giving it a second try

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ia-Bou, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    ok, so the 2nd of august, a saturday, maybe 2:00 pm or something? i think that will be enough light left in the day. what should we do at the event now? anyone have agenda they would like to bring up? anyone have access to the website?

2. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    2:00 PM on the 2nd? sounds good, i'm fine with it, unless any1 has anything else they r doing....

3. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    2:00pm sounds fine to me. However, any time is really fine. That is why, in my opinion, Saturdays are always better for meetings in that they allow earlier and, if needs be, later times to get together.

So, unless someone wants, say, 3:00pm, we'll go with 2:00pm and assume that is the time.

Now, then, where shall we have it? Somewhere around UCF? Elsewhere?

Brandon
    bwolgast@cfl.rr.com

P.S. Come on now, that *must* be a short enough post, right, James?

4. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    2pm on August 2nd sounds cool to me- I would hope for a location in either central Orlando or south Orlando area near I4 and 408- maybe the Orlando Library?

5. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I've been lurking around these parts for a while and have never made it to a meeting. (I work every Saturday). I'm going to give it a shot at making it to this upcoming one, and 2 August works for me too.

I live on the West side (Universal area) so Doc Phillips library comes to mind (they've got a meeting room too), but I have no right to influence too much. [i love democracy, I love the republic]

Star Ballz: Ruckus, you were asking about this flick earlier. I think it's pretty weak. It's not done as well as most animated fan films and I didn't find it funny. I'm not offended by the extremely adult nature of it, but I felt it was a waste of my $20 at Megacon. I also think it's worth noting that this title not just R-rated material: it's pure hentai, not for the younglings and not for a sizable contingent of the group that is offended by adult movies.

6. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Wow it's hentai! I thought it was live action! Now I wanna see it!

Oh- DP area isn't too bad for me- I like that area- I used to go to DPHS. So it's always nice to see it again- every now and again.

7. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    ok so is there a website for the dr. philips library? now originally we were trying to get a big florida get together so something at a park might be better :)

ia

8. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Are there any parks in the DP area? When I was by this weekend- holy geez! I mean 10 years ago there was some land around that area- now- built up big time! I don't remember that area like I used to- though I remember a time when Universal was still just a idea and where it now stands was a gigantic expanse of land- with nothing on it.

9. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    If we go outside weather becomes a factor, so keep that in mind. Has anyone gone to Turkey Lake park? I haven't, but it's in the area and it looks nice. It's off Hiawassee just North of Conroy. I think it costs a few dollars per car to get in. Thoughts? I'll bring the boomerangs!

The website for Orange County libraries is http://www.ocls.lib.fl.us/

10. AdmlDave

AdmlDave Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2003
    Ugh, DP is a long way for me (assuming you guys are referring to Doctor Phillips). UCF is much more managable and it has a plethora of restaurants. In fact, UCF has it's own Frisbee Golf Course. I've done it before, it's a lot of fun.

11. COPAZIE

COPAZIE Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2000
    OK, we've got members near Dr. Phillips, and Members near UCF... Then of course there's me close to downtown... Although I would gladly drive to the UCF or Dr. Philips areas for a meeting, it would be less conveinent for those coming from all the way across town... I second the motion for the Orlando Public Library Downtown. Though I am biased because it is so close to me that I could get there on a bicyle, it also makes the most sense. The central location would assure us that no one would feel jilted for having to drive twice as far as everyone else. Plus, Lake Eola Park is right across the street if it's a nice enough day to move the meeting outside. I'm sure the many passers by wouldn't mind a saber duel or two to watch. :p

12. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Driving to a central location sounds good (though frisbee golf sounds very cool). If it were at the main library, how's parking (where and $)?

13. askywalker98

Apr 18, 2003
    I think some1 should just set up a pole. That'd solve all our problems.

14. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
    But who would dance on it?

15. askywalker98

Apr 18, 2003
    riiight, i mean, a vote, like an election, but it's a location, not a person, ya see?

16. AdmlDave

AdmlDave Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2003
    I believe you're trying to say "Set up a POLL"

17. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    I feel that somewhere outside might be more enjoyable and open than being confined somewhere indoors with as many people that, I hope, are going (then again, if only two, three, or four people show up, it can be held anywhere).

Therefore, perhaps the Orlando Public Library is the best bet because, as was previously stated, it is across the street from Whatever-It-Is-Park. I have not been to the library since my senior year at UCF, so I have no clue how private rooms there work and whatever else they offer, so hopefully someone will be able to set that up.

I also agree that the library appears to be a fair distance from everyone; though, as I said, I am able to go anywhere as long as it is in Orlando or the surrounding areas (Altamonte, Sanford, Lake Mary, Winter Springs, Oviedo, those areas).

Speaking of that, Winter Springs has an absolutely amazing park that is right behind Winter Springs High School, but that might be too far for some, and then anything outdoors depends upon the weather.

So, in the end, out of the options given thus far, the Orlando Public Library appears to be the best bet.

Brandon
    bwolgast@cfl.rr.com

18. COPAZIE

Aug 27, 2000
    Sorry about that last post... (can't believe I said that out loud...) Also tried to edit it, it said "no message" for a minute or two, but then went back to the embarassing one... grrr...

Anyway, another feature of the downtown area that I forgot to mention is the Roy O. Disney Amphitheatre. It is a quaint & beautiful(at least from far away), outdoor theatre. To my knowledge it is rarely used, but I don't know if OPD would have a problem or not, with us holding meetings there if it's not in use for something.

I know that there are probably a hundred different gramatical errors in the above sentence, buit I'm sure you catch my meaning... The stage would be cool for duels though... :)

19. askywalker98

Apr 18, 2003
    why brandon, why? just a tad shorter! Anyways, I honestley don't care where we go, as long as it's free, and not way 2 far outta the way (i live in apopka). so, someone set up a POLL!!!! not a pole u bizzar pervs, just a poll, for voting, not dancing, and i wouldn't have danced on it even if any1 would have wanted me 2.

In all friendlieness of course!

20. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    My posts will never be shorter. I completely fail to understand why some people insist that reading anything more than two or three sentences takes "effort." I feel that if I am going to take the time to post here, there, or anywhere, I might as well post something worth reading.

Also, I have said it before, mainly to people while chatting (including you), that the length of what I type does not take *any* effort from me. While some people cannot type, and that is fine, others, like myself, can type, and type properly, quickly, and accurately. What might take someone ten minutes to type might take another person thirty seconds.

We all have our little skills (well, most of us do), and this happens to be mine. Always remember this: you can always not read my posts.

See, look at that, I just typed everything you see above, and I don't even think it took one minute.

Now, go dance on that pole! =)

Brandon
    bwolgast@cfl.rr.com

21. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Man, what a long post, I took a lunch break in the middle of paragraphs 2 and 3, Brandon. J/k. And thanks for the accuracy of your typing. Helps prevent me from cocking my head to the side like a wookiee cub when I see a typo.

I say we put this bad boy to rest and choose the Main library. I'm not trying to sell the idea as much as get it established so we all have time to make arrangements to get there. Otherwise, keep throwing out suggestions.

Once we have this resurrection, if we get a fair turnout, we can discuss where most of us are coming from to help establish the next probable hidden rebel fortress.

-Campbell

ps, to ASkywalker, you may not want a pole, but I know about your DDR addiction so I expect you'd be dancing either way.

22. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    That sounds great. Here is what we have, then:

Saturday, August 2, 2003
    2:00pm
    Orlando Public Library

That gives everyone roughly 21 days to make plans to be there.

Oh, and thank you for appreciating my absolutely stunning typing ability (note the joking tone of type there). =)

Brandon
    bwolgast@cfl.rr.com

23. askywalker98

Apr 18, 2003
    Sounds great, i was wondering if we were just gonna keep talking about a meeting, or actually get around 2 doing it! so then, it's setteled then. no more changes, unless time, or esle i'm gonna get confused.

no poll, no pole! but i do still have my ps2 and my ddr, hehehehe...

24. wookie_warrior

wookie_warrior Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2003
    ia-bou..................TAKE ME WITH YOU lol
    i might be new to the forums but i wanna be part of it......CAN I COME? plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........Ia....can you stop by my place to pick me up so i can join you? i wanna be part of the group.... :)

25. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    anybody can be part of the group. Join us. Welcome W-W!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.