main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Giving this the reality test. . . (OT)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ewingsquadron, Aug 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewingsquadron

ewingsquadron Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2001
    So, how real do you think that this looks? What would improve the shot? Just kind of playing around with different shooting options as of now. . .

EDIT: Fixed link

2. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I'm sorry, what are we looking for?

Did you plop the truck in? Cause it looks like the back is missing

EDIT: So its teh city ok...seems though teh POV is off, right off I thought something was wrong....

3. link64PD

link64PD Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2001
    Looks like you added the cityscape in the background right?

4. Darth_Jerak

Darth_Jerak Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    Cityscape.

But it's barely noticable.

-Kol.

5. Avene

Avene Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2000
    I'd say the guy in the purple shirt is the CGI element in the shot.

6. Golden-Y

Golden-Y Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 18, 2000
    Hmm, cityscape looks a little strange. Maybe that's it. But probably the guy in the purple shirt and the truck are composited into the shot.

7. Kingleonard

Kingleonard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2002
    I think it's fair to say that you're doing alright if people are debating what's real and what's CG.

8. Calabus

Calabus Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2002
  9. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    I can't tell what you've done.

If someone got the thumbscrews out I would guess at the buildings in the background (behind the large biege building) where dropped in/altered, but really I can't tell, so it works for me as a peice of compositing.

10. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Come on, man, spill the beans so we can be in awe of you!

What'd you do?

11. HTS_HetH

HTS_HetH Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Definitely the highest building in the background which has been added IMO.

12. ---VADER---

---VADER--- Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2002
    I think that it's either the buildings, as pointed out, or this is a real pic and you want to see who can find something "CG" about it. :)

---VADER---

13. RocketGirl

RocketGirl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Actually, I'm looking at the girl in the white shirt and grey skirt. She looks fake to me, like she's CGI. Heck, I think I've even seen her before somewhere...

Speaking of seeing things before...that city looks a lot like Seattle...

14. CarlCampbell

CarlCampbell Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2002
    She doesn't look fake to me, she looks like a 100% natural... *drools* :D anyhow, the backdrop has been added in, IMO.

Carl

PS: That girl IS hot!

15. Aprentize

Aprentize Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    isnt that the empire state building in the far back? oh and as someone stated before it kind of looks like the truck only has one side, ie the side the man is leaning on. the rest is just a hole.

16. Avene

Avene Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2000
    She doesn't look fake to me, she looks like a 100% natural... *drools* anyhow, the backdrop has been added in, IMO

Actually, she caught my eye at first aswell. But I'm beginning to think she's the one who's fake. Just look at all the guys in the shot there. If that girl was real and standing in a pose like that, don't you think all the guys there would be perving at her? Think about it. Unless they're all gay.

17. CarlCampbell

Jul 28, 2002
    She ain't fake, I'll tell you that for nothing. She's just added. And about the truck, it could have the back flap set down and the shot isnt wide enough to see the other half. The building DOES look fake but I'm beggining to think otherwise due to the seamless blending with the little entrance off to the right.
    I just hope that Ewing'll reveal all of this before someone suffers severe brain damage :D

Carl

18. Kingleonard

Kingleonard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2002
    Well considering the general consensus of the replies I'd say that the answer to the original question is "Pretty damn realistic!"

19. mpfjr

mpfjr Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    I think I'm in love with that girl. Dang.

Ok, but I do think she's been added. Something is not right about her shadow at a slightly different angle than everyone elses.. and the line /contrast around her shoe is a little weird.

Edit, I've decided that it must be the guy and the truck that have been added.

What is the deal with the bright white square right next to the bill of his hat. Not lined up with the black squares on the building.. something is not right here..

20. moonz74

moonz74 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 24, 2002

I think the key to this puzzle is in the shadows.....

Moonz

21. Lots

Lots Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    its prob the city scape :p ... the reflection on the truck doesnt show any tall buildings around the guy in the purple shirt (unless the truck and guy were composited in..) plus the shadow of the girl is in line with the shadow of the guy directly behind her :p another reason she could be in that pose is cuz she's pulling her shirt down :p

i know what it is! :p its the white box by the guy in purple and the letter A by the girl :)

EDIT: actually now that i look at it.. i think the big building behind al lthe people is "extended" its not really as big as it is.. he just doubled it over either that or its just bad compression :)

look at this

22. CarlCampbell

Jul 28, 2002
    Good point, Lots. If that is moving footage, those "windows" would make whoop-@$$ cam track points. :D

Carl

23. Darth_Redicolous

Darth_Redicolous Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2002
    c'mon e-wing. tell us! :D

Maybe you're all wrong and he hasn't done anything at all with the picture. ;)

24. ewingsquadron

ewingsquadron Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2001
    [face_laugh]

Well, this thread produced some rather, erm, amusing posts! [face_laugh]

Anyways, I'll just show you the original picture, and then just take a look at the fake picture and you can plainly see whats been changed. No hot chicks or guys with trucks were comped in, just a plain old city backdrop. :)

The only reason that I had to mess with the top of the large building is cause my friend couldn't handle taking a decent picture of my high school, er-- I mean "Neils Bohr Academy of Science" ;), as calls for in my movie. So, I guess the using this technique would work throughout my film. Thanks for the replies, everyone! :)

25. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Wow! Well, I think someone got it right, but you still fooled us all. It's REALLY hard to tell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.