main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

GL could do far back backstory

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by DarkLord_Gryphon, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLord_Gryphon

DarkLord_Gryphon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2003
    I think if GL had the time that he could make a Star Wars film after making ep 3 about Darth Bane nad the Sith along with Jedi fight. And Darth Bane would be in it and he could adapt a story that could all relate to Ep 1. Like they have someone name something like Anian Skywalken and he was the first coming to bring the prophecy and he brought "some" balance by destroying Bane. Something like that

????
    I think it would be cool to see Bane

[color=indigo]Just back from a week long vacation. This thread is Star Wars related, and therefore is not suitable for this forum. Try SW Community! :) [/color]

2. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    This should be on one of the Star Wars boards. Not here in the Lucasfilm section.

3. QUEEN_LEIA

QUEEN_LEIA Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    The only reason for Luca$ to even consider making a backstory is to completely pimp and cash in his own saga

4. Cometgreen

Cometgreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2002
    "The only reason for Luca$ to even consider making a backstory is to completely pimp and cash in his own saga"

Thank God he'd never even consider doing something like that.

There's no real reason to. The story would no longer be about Anakin, Luke, Obiwan, etc, but about events in the GFFA. Leave the backstory to fanfilmers (which is a good idea for a contest by Lucasfilm: Have a Project Greenlight kind of contest where they let some fanfilmers make the backstory, with the story set by GL of course).

Cometgreen

5. Darthkarma

Darthkarma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000
    "The only reason for Luca$ to even consider making a backstory is to completely pimp and cash in his own saga"

Man, what a negative attitude!

Since it IS HIS SAGA what's wrong with making money off of it? He's worked incredibly hard to make it happen and unlike you or me, he's got thousands of employees to pay, millions of dollars in taxes that have to be taken care of and so on. People don't have to pay for Star Wars stuff and movies if they don't want to. It's not like he holds a gun on people and MAKES people support Star Wars. More than 1.5 billion dollars of prequel tickets have been sold.
    Did Lucas BLACKMAIL all those people into going to theatres?

The PREQUELS themselves are a backstory, now that I think about it, and the public interest has justifed them being made.

What's your hang up about Lucas making money anyway? That little dollar sign you put into your posts at the end of Lucas's name is a dead giveaway that you are JEALOUS of his wealth. What do YOU use to pay for stuff? Trinkets? There's nothing wrong with making money. Especially in a free country where the consumer makes the final decision on what they buy.

6. QUEEN_LEIA

QUEEN_LEIA Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Luca$ is not the only richest man in the world.Trust me *I* would be jealous of Bill Gates before George Luca$.

7. DarthSil

DarthSil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    Personally, I think you should be scared of Lucas. The man obviously has put some kind of spell on you. You can't stop talking about him and his empire even though you proclaim to despise them.

Scary stuff . . . [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.