main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

GL on The Daily Show

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by boletus, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boletus

boletus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2008
    Just wanted to comment on how enjoyable I found the interview. George was great, as always, and simply puts a nice perspective that many of us already agree with.

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Did Stewart give him a hard time?

3. boletus

boletus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2008
    A little bit as a joke in the beginning, asking fanboyish questions. He asked why the Sith couldn't sense Leia and the fact she was on Alderaan, and how Vader wouldn't sense Obi-Wan on his own home planet, or Luke living with his half-brother.

Lucas dealt with it all easily with a smile and a wink.

Then discussion turned to different factions of fans and how adults, young adults, and younger children now have 3 very different opinions of what Star Wars is or should be. They referenced a piece done earlier in the show about people claiming their childhood was part of the best time in American history and what made those times better and simpler... the show took the stance that it wasn't the world itself, but the point of view of a child; and looking back on your childhood is nostalgic and you tend to see it as a better time then when you were concerned with more complicated things. It all actually tied in well with the conversation.

JS went on to mention that his son's favorite was TPM and Stewart told him his was wrong, and that his favorite is ANH.

A few jokes and decent conversation.

My favorite quote:

When talking about what he wanted his life to turn out to be:

JS: So, you're saying you're disappointed?
    GL: Yes, I wanted to turn into something great, but you know you take what you get.

That got a few laughs.

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    ha ha, that's pretty great.

5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    The clip is on the main TF.N page and it's really good - funny and insightful (although a bit brief it hits on some very relevant points) and I think the 'doorstop' needs to make its way into my library!

6. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Good interview, but I love the PT :p

7. Sloppy

Sloppy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2009
    anyone knows where us europeans can watch the full clip ?
    we usually gets a "we don like your kind" if we ever so rarely, try to watch a american show on a american channel.

so fare i'v only found this spoiler/teaser http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ_v1jh99t0

8. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    As mentioned above, it's on the TF.N main page.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Comedy Central has every Daily Show up online for viewing, though there's likely some regional access restrictions- perhaps whomever airs The Daily Show overseas has a similar setup on their website?

With so many Daily Show interviews having to show parts of themselves on the air due to length and having to direct viewers oline for the full conversation, I'd assume there'd have to be some kind of mechanism in palce for those overseas viewers to see that material as well.

10. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Go to the Comedy Network website to watch it in Canada.

11. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I love that man. :)

12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_worried]

13. MvG-88

MvG-88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    How did it pass me by? o_O

Just watched it ^^

Gotta love how Stewart actually has the balls to ask what is on most people's minds without making a fool out of himself. I think that's the first time I've seen someone confront Lucas so directly about the prequels.

14. izzy_the_hutt

izzy_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2009
    I think it's so cute that JS's son's favorite movie is the Phantom Menace--against his father's will, of course.

Good interview, though I have to say I wish it was longer. That's always my problem with Daily Show interviews.

15. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    Phantom Menace is one of the best in the saga... IMHO. [face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.