main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

GL TAKING A PAGE FROM PJ?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by First_Stage_Lensman, Aug 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. First_Stage_Lensman

First_Stage_Lensman Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2003
    Not a big fan of what PJ is doing to LOtRs BUT he certainly knows how to treat the fans: fan interaction & acknowledgement is high on his 'to-do-list' creating a feeling of grass-roots comraderie among his fans.

After being blasted for supposedly dwelling in a digital ivory tower GL seems to be giving fans a break on EIII.

- Actor leaks; minor but last time they couldn't say ANYTHING.
    - Collaborating more w/ the actors
    - Bringing back classic characters
    - Hyperspace: web-cam, on-set reports, transcbribing old issues of Bantha Tracks [a blatant attempt at nostalgia mongering]
    - 'Color this droid' contest etc...

Do you think GL is loosening up in response to the drubbing he got the last two times around?! His team was obviously ready with a stack of fan pleasing ideas & he seems to be listening...

2. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I certainly agree that GL is opening up and listening to the fans which is great since without us, there wouldn't be any of this.

3. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    The entire Hyperspace page definitley is the biggest example, especially with the webcam and set diaries.

I was just thinking the other day about feeling more "let in" the film's production by reading the set diaries, etc. so I guess the marketing idea worked.

without us, there wouldn't be any of this.

exactly

4. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    I think George relises that this will be the last Star Wars episode ever. He wants to share the experience with the fans. I personally think this is very nice of GL. It makes the last Episode that much more special because GL is sharing it with us.

5. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Rick McCallum (who loves you) is also taking a page from LOTR. They're shooting down under, where it's cheap!

Rick McCallum loves saving money! ('Cause that's sort of the producers' job, no?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.