main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

GL vs. HC take on how the Tusken Raider confession scene should have been done

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by JediGirl1, Jun 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lyn

Jedi_Lyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    well Hayden is an actor not a public spokesman. i guess he is more talented to do the first job. Thinking about it, it seems he got much help from Kelvin Klien in LAAH, and GL also likes and trusts him, too. I figure if he as a person totally sucks, he won't be getting all these help. Therefore I'd rather contribute a bad interview, if it were, to his inexperience in publicity. (He once said he'd like to have a clone to do publicity.)

I like both ATOC and LAAH. On screen He has such a high mediclorian count. He can really understand the charactor he is playing. hope he will just get better and better. I am so happy to think about his good performance we are going to see in the years to come. :)

2. Bresson

Bresson Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    PadmeLeiaJane:

Jealous that he got to kiss Natalie over and over and over again? Well...yeah....

Hands off my lady, Hayden!

3. SithSorceress

SithSorceress Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2002
    Think this thread's name should be changed to "Hayden Analyzed"?

4. pigskanfly

pigskanfly Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    the scene wuz not well acted and there wuznt enuf of the slaughter itself so the sequence wuznt important the music, however, wuz ded on

5. SithSorceress

Jun 13, 2002
    JediGirl-I missed Leno; Out of curiousity, what did Hayden say to the tampons remark?

No, seriously! I can't imagine what I'd say to that! And I'm a woman!

6. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    If I recall, he just laughed about it, and then told the story about his face being on the potato chip bags and his friends making fun of him whenever they went out and saw them. He was definitely much more relaxed that time than when he was promoting LaaH (I don't think he would have asked to check the hockey game score the first time around! ;)). He did look a little surprised when Leno went and spoiled the audience though (no, I'm not bitter about that :mad: ;)).

7. JediGirl1

JediGirl1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    I missed Leno; Out of curiousity, what did Hayden say to the tampons remark? No, seriously! I can't imagine what I'd say to that! And I'm a woman!

Sithsorceress - He actually handled himself very well. He just kind of laughed it off and said "I hope not" or something like that. It was actually quite funny. He said that he could not drink out of a pop can with his face on it - just too weird! He talked about living at home still and how close he was with his family, etc... He seemed like he was enjoying himself and not quite as uptight as the last time he was on the show.

8. SithSorceress

Jun 13, 2002
    Wow. You know everything! ;)

On IMDB they listed his next movie as being something called Nailed Right In, with Johnny Depp and Leelee Sobieski. But I didn't read anything about that on TF.N and considering the amount of errors there are on a megasite like IMDB, I'm not sure it's true.

Tampons. Not nice, Jay.

9. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    I've heard about the Depp movie, I wonder if that's confirmed?

I think it's been confirmed that he's also doing a movie called "Shattered Glass" that will co-star Greg Kinneer (sp?). It's based on a true story about a hot-shot 20-something reporter who got a lot of fame and notoriety writing for big magazines and publications...only to later be exposed for fabricating or copying/stealing most of his work.

I just saw a story on that movie, but I'm not sure where...I'll see if I can dig up a link. :)

Edit: Well...here's one from The Hollywood Reporter:

Greg Kinnear is in negotiations to star opposite Hayden Christensen in Lions Gate Films' "Shattered Glass" from screenwriter Billy Ray, who also will make his directorial debut on the project. Production is aimed to begin in August in Montreal, with C/W Prods. and Baumgarten Merims Prods. producing in association with Forest Park Pictures, the production company headed by Christensen and his brother Tove. The film tells the true story of Stephen Glass (Christensen), who from 1995-98 was a twentysomething whiz-kid journalist in Washington writing for publications ranging from the New Republic to Rolling Stone. Considered a rising star, it was later revealed that he made up sources and quotes, fabricating most of his articles. Kinnear will play Chuck Lane, editor of New Republic.

10. JediGirl1

Jun 15, 2002
    Sithsorceress- RE: Nailed Right In

Premise: Set in 1985 Brooklyn, during the height of mob boss John Gotti's reign, the friendships of three young Catholic men are threatened as personal ambitions come in conflict with a citizen effort against a local mob boss. (Depp plays a mobster who serves as a mentor/role model.)

Filming: Originally announced as a possible pre-strikes (when they seemed possible) project starting in April, 2001, filming was then scheduled to start in late September, 2001 in New York (with some filming in Toronto) on a budget of $10-15 million. However, the 9/11/01 tragedies apparently delayed production. There's no current word (as of 5/17/02)about when it might be rescheduled.

11. SithSorceress

Jun 13, 2002
    Wow, guys. I thought I was informed! I mean, the Shattered Glass thing I knew about, but thanks for the quote and link. The Nailed Right In thing confused me. My confusion is now alliviated!

I just saw AOTC again, and the liitle smile Hayden wears when he says "not just the men..." really scared me. Oh, he's good.

As for Shattered Glass, it seems like a really good role for him, dark, as usual, but in a different way.

12. TheVioletBurns

TheVioletBurns Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Interesting info, guys. Thanks.

Augh, I just got written off by my brother as a "biased teenage girl who likes Star Wars" for thinking Hayden is a good actor. He thinks that if Matt Damon were Anakin (they're off to see Bourne Identity) I'd be no different.

/bangs head against wall

Do I really look that brainwashable? :p

13. SithSorceress

Jun 13, 2002
    Voiletburns-I have a friend who recently got very into SW, which she initially saw just for Hayden. Me, I've been a fan since I was five, but it's all good. The more the merrier!

Are you brainwashable?

14. TheVioletBurns

May 27, 2002
    That's very cool, Sorceress. Yeah, three of my best friends got into Star Wars because of The Phantom Menace. The prequels are pulling new fans all the time!

And no, I am not brainwashable. ;) I despise Matt Damon. It is frustrating when you can't have an intelligent discussion with somebody in real life about Anakin because they think you have this infantile crush on Hayden and don't know good/bad acting when you see it. :p

15. Jedi_Lyn

Jedi_Lyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    TheVioletBurns , don't hurt your head please. let's see, is there a moral issue if Anakin is played by matt damon and you like it? I think maybe at your age you tend to take other people's remark very seriously, and start to question yourself. but I think what really important is how you live your life, how you get up every day and do stuff. If everything is fine with you, than just make a face to your brother and have a laugh!

16. TheVioletBurns

May 27, 2002
    Lyn - aw shucks, did I really come across that way? I was mostly kidding around, thus my use of :p s.

So was my brother, I'm practically immune to his teasing - I have two of them, both older. I mentioned it because it truthfully is hard to talk about Anakin in real life without being immediately written off, but hey, that's why I come here!

Believe me, I'm a very optomistic person, and self-confidence isn't a problem. ;)

17. JediGirl1

Jun 15, 2002
    TheVioletBurns & Sithsorceress

I too "dragged" a co-worker of mine to see AOTC. The only SW movie she had seen was ANH and really did not have any interest in seeing the others. I just could not believe this. Well, she absolutely loved it and was blown away - I just love when people have this reaction :) She is now hooked and has already watched the rest of the OT.

As for watching the movie just for Hayden, I have to admit that I was really curious about him and that I did see LAAH before AOTC more out of curiosity than anything. I thought that he gave a brilliant performance in that movie and was very relieved as I knew he would make an awesome Anakin.......and Matt Damon as Anakin - yuck! :_|

18. TheVioletBurns

May 27, 2002
    Yeah! Most of culture is so used to Star Wars, but for someone who's never/barely seen one of the movies, it's quite the experience! I love talking to 'new' fans. :)

19. SithSorceress

Jun 13, 2002
    I have a friend who could care less about SW and is only interested in Hayden, but I guess that's okay, too. Though I really don't understand it. I mean,the Hayden part I understand...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.