main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Glad its over?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Sima_Sith, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sima_Sith

Sima_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2005
    is anyone actually glad that the series is over?

1-6 i mean, not counting the TV series or anything else

2. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    Not really. I'm still hoping GL will change his mind and make, or let someone else make eps 7, 8 and 9.

3. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I can never get enough good SWs movies. Although it was nice to sorta get on with my life after seeing ROTS. I don't want any post ROTJ movies. ROTJ should be the end of it all, since there is about 25,000 years worth of stuff that happened before TPM. I want a Knights of the Old Republic movie based on the game of the same name.

4. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    i want more movies but pre prequel movies.

5. ObiWan2790

ObiWan2790 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    I'm happy about finally seeing the last installment, but has anyone read "The Truce at Bakura"? that wouldn't turn out to be such a bad movie. but if it has to be pre-prequel, i think KOTOR would be a better TV series than a movie.

6. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    the main reason i want a pre prequel movie, is so i can see yoda when he's young just totally own everybody.

7. ___Obi-1___

___Obi-1___ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2004
    No more movies, live with that!

Learn to let go...

Learn to let go!

And yeah, it's been a fantastic journey....

8. Darth_Spartan

Darth_Spartan Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2005
    I think we're all secretly hoping for 7,8,9. Whethers it goes more back in time or takes place during Jaina and Jacen's time, I'll be fine with it.

9. rlddrummer

rlddrummer Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2005
    I'd like to see more prequels.

10. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I'm happy it's over. It's time to move on. I'd rather look back at what we were given than wait three years or more for a simple movie.

11. Magnotta

Magnotta Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    I'm happy it's over. I mean, one man can only have so many good ideas, and soon the movies would just become parodies of themselves, either that or become incredibly bland with absolutely no story lines. I mean, making 3 incredibly high quality movies of the same series is an incredible acheivment(with the OT). Now, when the PT I was a bit disapointed with TPM and AotC. Of course RotS was incredible, but really then, for me, that's 4 out of 6 really good movies. That's a pretty good job overall, and I wouldn't push my luck if I was him. Look at Star Trek. Those first 6 movies(well, every second one at least) were not that bad, and I'm not even a Star Trek fan. However, look at the last few. They were just re-hashed plot lines taken from the old movies, with some incredibly horrible ideas mixed in. Now, that comes from a writing team, so with a group of people they've run out of ideas. SW is one man, Lucas, so its going to be even harder with him. I say he should just stop. A lot of people bashed TPM and AotC, and then he came around and managed to make a great movie with RotS. I say, take that and leave on a high note.

12. colivo

colivo Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 25, 2004
    Yes and No.

Yes, I'm glad it's over because I think Lucas and Star Wars is leaving on a high note. The prequels have taken a beating that the originals never had, but ROTS got back Star Wars as the king of the movie world. I also agree that if Lucas did 7,8,9 the series may get stale. The problem with Star Wars is it is held to such a high standard by fans, critics, and even haters. Right now the series has ended as probably what will be the #1 movie of 2005. That will give 5 of the 6 movies the #1 movie of their respective year, that is an incredible accomplishment.

No. Deep down, really deep down, even though I know what I said above is the truth, I would be ecstatic if he made 7,8,9! We would have another 10 years of talking meaningless Star Wars talk on the internet, going on for spoilers, and anticipating the trailer for Episode VII! It would fill the void for that small part of me that wishes to be a little kid again

Sorry if that is a political answer, but that is how torn I feel on the subject. My brains tell me Lucas should stop, but my heart tells me that the series should go on!

13. point5pastlightspeed

point5pastlightspeed Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 2004
    I definitely don't think episodes 7, 8 and 9 would be a good idea. The story ends perfectly well with ROTJ, and any other movies would cheapen the series, in my opinion.

14. kann

kann Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    NeuooOOooOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

15. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    I am glad that we finaly got to see the end and how Sid rose to power but no more movies. I love SW but I don't think he should make anymore. The movies are about Anakin Skywalker, Ani died in ROTJ so that should be the end of the movies. I can't wait for the TV showes and more books and video games. I don't want him to mess up SW with a new trilogy wich would have to be based on books because of the EU. But Lucas talked about a Pre- Phantom Menace movie about the Old Republic, that I wouldn't mind so much.

Good Stuff

16. YodaOz

YodaOz Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2005
    I'm glad it's over. We can still see Revenge of the Sith 'one more time' in theaters. And then we can expect new editions of Star Wars on DVD and later releases in theaters. But all six films are, for all practical purposes, complete. It is finished.

Now we can finally see the Star Wars Saga in it's entirety. We can sit back and watch the Saga in it's full glory.

17. P_F_A_F_F

P_F_A_F_F Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    I am glad it is over. I simply dont think Lucas has it in him to make any more GOOD star wars films.

18. grievious

grievious Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    YES I'm glad.

I liked the movies a lot, (really?). But the story is finished. Darth Vader is death. End of story.

BTW, I don't have to save money for a next star wars so I would be able to uy actionfigures! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.