main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Glad to be here and thanks.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Dagobahsystem, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I'm new here and wanted to say hello and introduce myself. This is the first forum I've tried and am grateful to be here. Thank you!
    I've been a SW fan for 32 years. I like the OT and the PT. TESB is my favorite episode. Although I like it, I feel AotC is the weakest.
    I've read the novelizations of the films and a few other books including Labyrinth of Evil which was about the battle of Cato Nemoidia. Great story.
    I've also watched S1 of TCW. Pretty cool.
    I own some SW comics, including from the original Marvel run and I have a small collection of OT action figures.
    Super excited about TFA! Trailers are awesome.
    I own most of the John Williams recordings from the films.
    Any advice on navigating the boards?
    I've explored a couple threads but I'm a bit overwhelmed with all of the amazing content.
    Also, I'm not interested in telling someone that their opinion is wrong. I can enjoy a friendly debate but it can be a bit of a downer when someone strives so hard to change another person's opinion.
    Based on my interests, can someone suggest a thread or two to help me focus, seeing as how there is such a plethora of good material here?
    Thank you and I look forward to having a lot of fun here and sharing our SW passion!
    May the force be with you.

2. moleskin3

moleskin3 Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2015
    Hey Dago,
    Im new as well. I actually am just starting to get deeper into the Star Wars world. I just started reading Dawn of the Jedi.
    Ive always been a fan but really got into with the Clone Wars series and the video games (I love Disney Infinity).

Wow, a fan for 32 years! Thats a long time relationship! Its crazy how one person can unlock a world of fantasy for others.

Who is your favorite Star Wars character and why?

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome abouard! :)

It's cool to meet long time SW fans, because you have lived through all level of "there won't be a seventh movie" and so on. ;)

If you like to join the discussions of the new movies, this thread is a great start to get the most important information and it would be great, if you just say 'hi' there. You'll see, no one bites there. ;) And I'm curious what your answer to my question there is. :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

4. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Hi moleskin3.
    My favorite character is Obi Wan Kenobi. I like him due to his leadership, knowledge of the force, bravery and wisdom. I think the actors who portrayed him in the PT and the OT did a wonderful job.
    Who is your fav. character?

5. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Hi Skiara.
    Thank you. Yeah, I remember reading an article a long time ago in which GL said there would never be an Episode VII!
    So glad it's actually happening.
    I will check out the thread you sent.
    Thanks!

Dark Ferus likes this.
  6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Yep, same here. Hopefully they make the best of it. :)

Btw, double posting can't count as spam at a certain point of time. So if you want to avoid it, you can simply hit reply as much as you need it and it all will list in one post. In case, quoting isn't needed (like in the posts above), but you like to make sure the user you want to answer gets an alert, just add a @ infront of a username like Skiara for example. That keeps post readable. :)