main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Glasgow !

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by JED1, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    Are there many people here from Glasgow? I am thinking of setting up a FF Chapter and was wondering if there are the numbers to do so!

2. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    A chapter... in Scotland??? :eek: :p

About time too! I shall be watching this thread closely, so good luck!

3. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    are there many of us here from Glasgow ?

there are several threads on this page that will tell you all you need to know of the roster here, and our habits........ and our attitude to being organised :)

suggest you read them, and perhaps the rest of the page.

4. Stoney-Wan-Kenobi

Stoney-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2002
    Hellooooooo Double-D! :D Jed1, I am in the Glasgow-ish area at the moment, but will be leaving in a matter of months. We did have a Glasgow meet once upon a time (or was it twice?). If you build it, they will come, especially if you bribe them with alcohol.

5. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    Stoney-Wan Kenobi !

Tha's a name I've not heard in a long time....
    a looooong time !

where you been girl ?

and are you coming to King Tuts to see me rock this Thursday ?

6. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    where you been girl ?

That's what I wanted to know, but she wouldn't tell me.... :p

7. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    //raises hand

Fae the mulk

8. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Well sadly on reading the above and some other posts I don't think there is much chance of getting this thing off the ground which is a real shame!

9. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    what a shame !

and you tried SOOOOO hard as well.

[face_laugh]

quitter

10. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Actually there are two reasons that I have quit firstly your apathetic and unhelpful attitude and secondly an e-mail telling me to off and that none of you on these boards would want to hang about with a collecting .

I am not a quitter, I just wouldn't want to hang about with people like that or yourself!

Yoshee Edit: No Swearing, even in part.

11. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    :eek:

now then now then now then.....

I've just been gently ripping the piss to see if you've got the wit to cope with the humour hereabouts ..... but I certainly do not approve of anyone sending bluntly nasty e-mails.

who was it ? come on ? own up and say sorry or you'll get my toe up yir arse.
    offensive AND friendly is the philosophy here.

and there's nowt wrong with collectors either - I started in 1977...... and I've still got my Death Star playset, complete and in its original box :D

show some mettle, young Jed1...... stick around and get to know the troops.

12. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    I apologise for getting a little personal Donk, I'm afraid the e-mail pd me off a little, no slur on you was intended.

I may stick around and see what's going on, thanks!

p.s I'm not young I'm the same age as you! :p

13. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    aye, I'd noticed that....... :D

i'm up in the herald offcie in cowcaddens, by the way..... and the streets outside are full of lovely young things enjoying the sun in skimpy tops [face_devil]

14. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Yeesh....seems the Drama Fairy has once again caressed the Scottish Boards. Good thing it stopped just as soon as it started. And no I'm no calling anyone a fairy!

And just to make you guys feel old, I wasn't even born until 1978. *giggles* My mum was pregnant with me when she saw ANH. Figures I'd turn out like this, eh?

Trying to make me jealous, are we, DD? We've now reached the under 3 week mark. 20 days!!! (of course it's 21 days until I arrive)

15. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    I'm in Charing Cross, Donk, and since I'm married I'm not in the least bit interested in looking at skimpy young things![face_whistling]

16. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    ahhhhh, the cross.... travelling in from the west end, I drive through there everyday on my trusty fluorescent vespa...... do most of my drinking there too...... mcphabs, sleazy's, the variety, griffin, firewater.
    favourite part of town, that is.

in fact, on topic, the last few meet-ups we've had have been in sleazy's..... particularly infamous night when some drinks company had a promotion team of two blondes and a dwarf going about organising party games in exchange for shots.....and of course there's been the occasional legendary May The 4th be with You party......

Hi Shara [face_love]
    another sunny day in Glasgow ! oh goody.

incidentally, I'm rocking out at King Tuts tonite, doors 8pm, tickets £6, laydeez form an orderly queue outside the dressing room :D

17. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    Ah the Griffin.

My mates mum works there.

A good Pie Beans & Chips in there...

//misses the Griffin

waaaaaaaaaaaaa

You don't get pie beans & chips doon here in ingerlund!

18. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    A Westender, eh Donk? you must be very posh :p I'm a Southsider myself and have just had lunch in the Griffin, pie, beans and a pint!

19. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    Partick born and bred !

c'mon the jags.

just had lunch in sleazy's - two pints kronenburg, cheeseburgeer and curly fries, with smiths and violent femmes on the jukebox.

20. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    A sunny day in Glasgow is better than what we've been doing. It's been overcast, mild, and humid, but hardly a drop of rain. But it's better to be landlocked in the middle of the US (ok not exactly in the middle...) than down in Florida right now. Not one....not two...but three hurricanes to hit that state this season.

As a meterologist stated in an article I read yesterday, "Florida has a big kick me sign on it." *sighs* Only in America.

19 days!!!!!

21. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    @ JED1

Whereabouts on the Sou'side are you from?

22. Hey guys,

I'm from Glasgow too!!

I am writing and directing a Star Wars fan film, one that will outscale the other fan films that have been released to date. We beging filming in March then will be released in 2006. A long wait, but will be the first Scottish fan film from what I know.

;)

Jonathan

23. robbie_20002002

robbie_20002002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2004
    Edinburgh > all!!!

24. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    Only in your mind, my very young apprentice...

25. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    I have to admit, visiting both, Glasgow does have perks. [face_love]

Oy, I miss Scotland so much. I want to come back so badly. But at least the weather here at home is akin to what I left there. Maybe I can close my eyes and pretend I'm back in the flat in Haymarket. *sighs*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.