main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Glass House cancelled! You right wing fascists!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Saintheart, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    What the hell??????

:mad:

2. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    News to me...

3. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I read that in the paper this morning. It's a completly and utter disgrace to have such a well watched and entertaining show cancelled simply because the 'hosts' and producers of the show, much like the Chaser team, have a different perspective on life. The ABC should be ashamed.

4. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    wait, why was it cancelled?

5. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    They haven't given any reason that I've yet seen.

6. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    They haven't cancelled Chaser too, have they?

7. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    Nah, Chaser's still on. The ABC's using it as their "look look, we're not biased, this program still hates the government!" excuse. Honestly though, with the **** they do on that show, it'll only be a matter of time.

8. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    I don't think they have cancelled The Chaser yet but I will find out for you next weekend when they come up to my local ABC shop.

I am surprised that they have gone so far as to cancell The Glass House. When they were introducing all this non-biased crap, they were suggesting that shows such as The Glass House would need to be more careful, they were not suggesting it would be pulled all together.

9. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Well they DID have the Chaser stop half way through the year which I think is fishy. But what is this country coming to? Hmmm. [face_thinking]

10. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    The Chaser also reached the usual season limit of about 28. ;) Given that it was a bit of a gamble on the ABC's part, I'm surprised they even let it run that long. They've already said they're bringing it back for another season, though.

11. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    The Chaser were always intending to do 26 episodes for the year

12. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    I love Chaser; I think they're great. :) But I've always thought the Glass House was never funny. I'm not disappointed to see it go, but I think that it should stay (as it definitely has an audience and has had for quite some time). [face_plain]

13. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    The only reason ABC have cancelled The Glasshouse is so they can sell it to Ch10 ;)

14. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Or to Essa Bee Essa.

:D

15. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    Just like another funny show abc used to have called "the fat" 7 bought and and it became crap

16. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    The Glass House - one of the ABC's highest rating shows - was axed because of "budget constraints".

Because, like, you know, stand up comics with no props in front of a live studio audience costs SOOO much man!

I'm going to just blame Janet Albrechsten. Stupid cow. She just rips off Bolt's articles without the half-smirk of knowing glee. How they got her onto the ABC board I'll never understand.

17. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    And Good News Week.
    Although to be fair, Ch10 go their money's worth out of that.

It seems ridiculous to cancel a show as cheap as The Glasshouse was to make based on budget concerns. My only guess is that the hosts were wanting more money than management at th ABC were willing to pay. Which wouldn't be crazy, considering Dave Hughes appeared on Holden ad's and at the ARIAs to present an award (for instance) and Corinne Grant had a pretty high profle with Rove Live (high for a standard Token Management/Melbourne comedian).

18. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    It run for about five years, so that's not too bad for any TV show. The ABC probably, honestly think it's time for something new.

Anyone buying the DVD?

19. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    The most obvious answer is also the most likely one - it was cancelled because it was horridly unfunny, and Wil Anderson, please please please God, will hopefully never appear on my screen again.

20. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    And Sainty, what's a left wing fascist?

:p

E_S

21. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    I think it's a matter of taste...but I happen to agree wholeheartedly. [face_plain]

22. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Ah well, that's why we all have our own opinions ... the fact that both of you suck is mine ... naaaah, just kiddin'! You don't suck half as much as Auntie does :p

23. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Stalin? :p

And jediguy, even if it was unfunny (an opinion which isn't completely foreign to me) you can't deny that it rated very well, and for the ABC execs to cancel it on their own opinion over those of thousands who watched it every week would be ... stupid, to put it mildly.

24. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Glass House got higher ratings than what Rove is getting, according to the Herald Sun...

25. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Well that's it then, this thread is now about a petition to get Rove Live cancelled, because that runt is possibly the most annoying thing on television at the moment.

Who is with this one, c'mon guys, join the bandwagon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.