main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Glendale Happy Hour???

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Dec 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Since there are so many folks who work in Glendale/ Pasadena area, perhaps we should do an informal happy hour after work one day. Chuy's has cheap drinks, (free food) JAX has $1 and $2.00 specials. (free food too)

As a suggestion: Thursday the Dec. 19th?

If not next week, than in early January...?

2. Dantrag_Thorn

Dantrag_Thorn Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2002
    I'm game for next Thursday. I'd love to meet you all. I won't be able to attend this Saturday unfortunately so I won't meet the big group but I'd love to start small at the very least and meet as many of you as I can before the holiday.

3. TIE1138

TIE1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    I'd definately be up for it except for one prob............I work evenings Mon. - Fri. :( But I could make it anytime on the weekends.

Sorry to hear you won't be making the meeting, Dantrag_Thorn. How long you been in Glendale?

4. Dantrag_Thorn

Dec 7, 2002
    I've been in Glendale for about 2.5 years. Yeah I would go Saturday but I have a holiday party for CSI to go to. Our company does the post production effects for CSI and CSI Miami.. just slightly more important to make an appearance there sorry to say. Anyway I would be game to meet next weekend if people want to get together then, or even Sunday evening is fine by me. I'm pretty flexible. Let me know what you all think.

5. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Star Wars in 30 minutes is not until 10:30pm at night. Dont know what time your party is going till.

Im down to meet whenever you guys want. I get off work during the week at 5pm.

6. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    come on TIE 1138, just because you "are working" doesn't mean you can't drink on the job. Tell your boss to have some heart...

Lets try to shoot for Next Thursday the 19th, if not good for the majority, we can in early January. (maybe on a weekend)

So Dantrag, looks like just you and me so far?

7. Dantrag_Thorn

Dec 7, 2002
    Sounds good to me Darth...

8. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    Confirmed:

6 PM Chuy's in Glendale. This Thursday.
    located on Wilson/ Maryland.
    I will be wearing a black Episode I leather jacket.

Should be plenty of free parking around.
    Right now Dantrag, and Jiltedtoo and I are confirmed! Due to Survivor season finalee, I will be there till 7 PM.

Free Nachos, Free Enchilladas, and 1.50 tacos.

9. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    I think if you park in the structure next to Chuys, you can get a validation.

I'll actually be there at 5:30pm. So if anyone wants to come early I'll be there.

10. TIE1138

TIE1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    Damn work!!!!! :(

I'll stop by after I get out and see if anyone is still around.

I know that the validation for the parking lot will give you 2 hours of free parking.

11. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    I'm probably only going to be able to stay until 7 - 7:30 at the latest.

I was thinking also, if anyone wants to meet up in the Glendale, Burbank area to see the new Ring's movie on Friday, we could meet up someone where. I know most of you are probably going to see it at midnight tonight.

12. Dantrag_Thorn

Dec 7, 2002
    Well this is a total bummer, I work till 7 pm and won't be able to get to Chuy's until around 7:15. I'm going to try to get out early, but it's not looking to promising. Maybe if I go in early.. but I wouldn't expect me there before 6:30 at the earliest. Sorry about that. I do want to meet so I'm going to try my best.

13. Silent_Bob_West

Silent_Bob_West Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    Sorry, I won't be able to go. I don't get off for lunch untill 7pm. Have fun.

14. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    Hope to see you Dantrag. (and everyone else too) Jiltedtoo and I will be there till 7 PM (give or take)

Nothing starts a good Thursday night TV schedule like cheap beer, and free food. :D

15. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    Sounds like its just going to be me and Darth Bubba.

Dan and Bob you guys should still come by. I can stay till 7:30.

16. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    It was good seeing you Tiltedtoo, and Dantrag. Will definitely do it again in the future. Meredith and Hank were cool too!

Smirnoff on ice??? :eek: :eek:

Happy holidays.

17. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    Cool see you too.

And nice meeting you Dan!

18. Dantrag_Thorn

Dec 7, 2002
    Great to meet all of you too!

19. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Aw sheesh...I work in Glendale and would have loved to have gone...but I don't have internet at work and just found this thread NOW: AFTER it happened. :( Waaaaaaaaaaaah! Put me on the Glendale/Burbank/East Valley/Hollywood-ish list for any future events Pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaase!
    Cheers, JediBith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.