main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Glenn Dorsey for Heisman!

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by EBSaints, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    The Heisman Trophy goes to the best college football player in the country. This year, he is LSU DT Glenn Dorsey. He has been a dominant force on one of the nation's top defenses, the #1 ranked Fighting Tigers of LSU. Dorsey has said himself that the Heisman goes to pretty boys. Well, this year, let's give it to the best player, period.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/eballa1/dorsey.jpg] [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/eballa1/ncf_w_dorsey_195.jpg]

2. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Dorsey's a great player, but he won't win the Heisman simply because of his position. Though if I had to vote right now, I might end up voting for him because the other candidates have a number of questions right now. Andre Woodson, for example, was considered a leading candidate by a number of people, but he definitely hurt his case last night, and that trend may continue for a couple more weeks.

3. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    The Heisman is no longer reserved for the best player, It really goes to the Quarterback, Halfback, and sometimes Wide Receiver (not common at all) of the team who wins the National Championship (or BCS bowl appearance minimum). I would love to see Defensive players or Offensive Linemen (without whose blocking the "Stars" couldnt do anything).

4. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    I agree with Rohniss. Even though Dorsey should be up there for the Heisman, he won't win. Unfortunately, it is harder for voters to evaluate the performance of defensive lineman, because most of what they do great, you can't quantify in stats (like yards and touchdowns). Yes, you have sacks and tackles. But even a great d-lineman like Dorsey only gets a handful of tackles and maybe 1-2 sacks a game. Most of their contribution is from clogging the line and occupying the O-lineman of the other teams and allowing their linebackers to make plays. Games may be won or loss in the trenches, but unfortunately the contributions of lineman is not sexy and will not be rewarded by Heisman trophies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.