main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends Glimmering Facets of Feeling. Poems/drabblish series. Thrawn/Ayesha. Updated- June 28, 2016!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, May 9, 2015.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Glimmering Facets of Feeling
    by Nyota's Heart

Genre: Series of Poems

Characters: Thrawn/Ayesha - the latter the creation of the stunningly talented Chyntuck!!!!!

Disclaimer: Borrowing with admiration & deepest affection.

AN: An earlier tribute is linked here:
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/who-walks-in-beauty-surprise-poem-gift-oc.50027706/][/url] Who Walks In Beauty

Inclusive of Part 2, Vengeance current chapter in "Necessity..."

She has made him a great deal of who he is.
    He strives for her.
    Works to gain and keep her love, admiration, and respect.
    Her safety, happiness, presence, these are all and breath and life to his spirit.
    To see her so, shattered, so ill-treated, it sends his soul into an abyss of darkness.
    But a plan of action gives him impetus, once more.

She must never come to such harm again, must be restored ... somehow!

++++

TBC

^:)^

2. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    This captures well that sense of single-minded focus that we see in Thrawn these latest chapters, and the underlying fear that Ayesha may have passed into some realm where he cannot reach her.

I see the Thrawn/Ayesha bunnies are bounding over the hills where your muse hangs out. ;) I am also concerned about Ayesha, so I feel like I understand where this particular poem is coming from. [:D]

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Wow, an entire Ἀνάγκη spin-off of poems from Thrawn's perspective? You're the best friend, reader and beta ever! [face_love]

Kahara nailed it with "single-minded focus" -- your poem conveys that really, really well.

I said it yesterday in your "Nummy Sweets" thread, but I'll say it again here. Seeing Ayesha pop up in your writing is always a wonderful surprise. It's like receiving a very kind, very thoughtful present. Thank you.

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Nyota's Heart like this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Num! @};-

~!
    The barriers are thick & full of sharp pointed staves.

No gate ... only a wall.

Love is as unrelenting as the Grave.

It can ignite the stars.

But the cold depth of blame, recrimination, and contempt,
    These steal the very light and warmth from the stars,
    And make them cold husks no longer knowing where to orbit.

He does not want to be a hero, a champion of all wars that might be...
    He is simply this.

A man whose heart was won and who just just wanted his love to be safe, happy, and at his side.
    The cruel Universe laughs.
    Apparently, this was too much to ask, an act of sheer Hubris.

+++++

[face_batting]

:_|

:eek:

5. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I'm no good at poetry --- but this is very lovely written.:)@};-

6. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Okay, you posted this more than two weeks ago and I haven't reviewed it yet, which makes me officially the über-fail [face_blush]

Like Gemma I thought that this was beautifully written and I loved the ROTS novelisation, but also the Biblical reference. Most importantly, I thought that your choice of words was spot-on -- 'blame', 'recrimination' and 'contempt' describe so exactly the emotions Ayesha is channelling. And this:
    I like the tiny implication in there that, in all his sorrow, Thrawn still has a little place for wounded pride -- feeling humiliated for his failure to protect Ayesha, and imagining how Zaarin & Co (and also Palpatine, but he doesn't know it yet) are revelling in his defeat.

@};-

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks! I love the quote of love igniting the stars and being as unyielding as the Grave. [face_thinking] And Thrawn feels like he should /could have done all he hoped/wished/planned. He had the confidence of one who thinks of pretty much everything and is at least 3 steps ahead of everyone, at all times. And then, wham! when it really counted .. :_|

It is very hard to melt walls of blame and recrimination, very very hard. [face_nail_biting]

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: From LaRone's POV.

~!

I came to help out, not expecting friendship.

But that is what I gained.

I thought I was seeing a fragile reed buffeted in a windstorm.

What I was instead privileged to witness was a tree stalwart and with deep roots.

Ayesha drew nourishment and courage from the most incredible sources, compassion as well.

I never knew anyone could be so resilient, so unbroken.

+++++

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

!!

AzureAngel2, Chyntuck and Kahara like this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Another pome: Can't help it. This one has a song attached.

She gave him herself - in her art and the sharing of holos.

He saw her at her most seemingly fragile.

Now, all he can do, is hope, long, and pray - that she looks upon him with kindness and that her winter will give way to a gentler spring.

The voice of her eyes and the singing stone - these are deep and utter a profound truth. A truth that no sadist in all their demonic viciousness can extinguish.

A truth that the Universe validates by saying: "You do not know how breathtaking you are."

+++

AzureAngel2, Chyntuck and Kahara like this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :) :D

From the amazing Ayesha's POV.

~!
    My voice - my heart is still chained in bars of silence.
    It cannot speak, cannot soar.

I feel liberated but somehow - incomplete, as if something vital is unfinished.

What could it be?

I feel untethered somehow.

Where is my belonging-place?

+++++

[face_batting]

[face_love]

Chyntuck, AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  11. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    So well put. This has been a long year for our two. I hope spring will be kind to them,

Lovely! She must feel crippled by her inability to express herself. Waiting, waiting for the next disaster and hoping that someday she can find peace.

Your takes on these characters are poetic and heart-felt.
    @};-

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Many thanks. Ayesha is a heart-sister, as I find that in times of distress @};- all my comforters/consolers remind me of her stalwart friends. :cool: I am so happy she is finding her art again. :D

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Tied strongly to Chapter #5.

~!

What can she think now of Thrawn? Poised on the brink of so many tangled emotions, gratitude, grief, remorse, and regret. Can there, will there, be trust and respect again? The Universe sighs and weeps for the beauty that was sacrificed on the altar of "Sheeveness". The melody that was their love is silenced. Will the Singing Stone again know such a magnificent effulgence of notes?

++++++ [face_love] [face_love]

Chyntuck and AzureAngel2 like this.
  14. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    You are such a word juggler! Well done! =D=

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  15. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    I finally caught up (I decided to go on a reading spree this afternoon) and I can't say how delighted I am to see this wonderful little series continue, especially with the variation in POVs.
    This reminded me (of course) of the fable I know as "The Olive Tree and the Reed", which in its English version usually involves an oak instead of an olive tree, and it sums up Ayesha perfectly. She borrows from both -- she yields and bows like the reed because she cannot do otherwise, yet she has the strength but also the pride of the olive tree and puts herself at risk of snapping when a storm comes. In terms of her personal itinerary throughout the story, the core issue is which one she will finally choose to be.
    Another tidbit about Ayesha which is spot-on and a central theme of part III. I won't reveal now what happens next, but you're definitely on to something here ;)
    I really liked how you made Thrawn's thoughts progress here from one poem to the next -- he went from feeling that only factors outside his control can help him, to wondering how he can restore a relationship as equals. And of course, knowing him, things won't stop here...

[face_love]

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Tied to Part #3, chapter 8.

Captain Niriz's POV

Miss Eskari never ceases to amaze! Her resilience and sheer courage are something no one would believe if they heard about it second or third hand. Even I, an eye witness to recent events surrounding the rescue of our crewmates, have to sit back and ask myself rhetorically: Did she really do that?

++++++

[face_love] :cool:

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Tackling Valeria's POV this time. :D

~!

It was wonderful for Valeria to see Ayesha again! Her warmth and intelligence were unchanged in that they were still there in vivid evidence. But there was something haunted and diminished there as well. Not that she seemed unfinished or incomplete. Her resilience and focus were unmistakably present, but the overflowing joyousness that was what Valeria sensed was dimmed, as if a luminary in the firmament was clouded, or the glory of the moons of Baroli were eclipsed.

Gently, subtly, Valeria spoke with heartfelt commendation of Thrawn, but with the utmost candor as well, as to how she perceived him.

Her woman's heart ached for the pain she knew her friend was feeling and longed, simply yearned for a healing!

++++++

[face_love] @};-

18. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    So sweet. I love Niriz's astonishment at what Ayesha is capable of. She is not one to underestimate! And Valeria's perspective and s spot on. Ayesha will always be a light, but there is a dimness to her that Valeria did not expect. But that light gets brighter with each friend's support.

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: For Chapter #14 of Part III.

~!

A step back - not to the beginning or even where they left off. A huge one to a new place; there is a longer way to go than one might have hoped or guessed. But it is a gift when one despaired of aught at all.

Things feel - more right, more whole than they have for a long, incalculable time.
    The Universe can breathe again.
    From brokenness, there is loveliness to be found.
    She -- they are a testament to that fact. Warm and glowing, it is as if the first buds of the earliest nascent blossoms of a renewed Eden were forming again, finally Spring.

++++

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Italicized portions are from "Love is Forever" song by Billy Ocean. :)

~!

A broken heart can mend if given time...
    I tried to let it go, but it wouldn't die... I know why.
    Love is forever, with you.
    I'm falling in love, again, with you.

Ayesha feels complete and vibrant again, working and living with Thrawn once more. Not as they were before, but with new threads woven into the tapestry of their love - strength, resilience, and regaining trust.

Laughter and purposefulness and resolve overwrite to some extent the prior pain and sorrows.

Love is a choice, and it is one she is happy to be making again.

++++++++

SQUGGLES!

[face_dancing]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Catching up...

Captain Niriz's entry: That made me laugh! Niriz doesn't know much about Ayesha's life, so of course he's baffled [face_laugh]

Valeria's entry: "Diminished" is the word I have been looking for for the past several months to describe Ayesha, so thanks for giving it to me :) Loved the reference to the moons of Baroli btw!

Chapter 14 entry: Awww... What can I say? The spring metaphor was just what was needed for this passage. It's a new beginning and growth, but a cyclical one, not a repetition of what used to be.

"Billy Ocean" entry: SQUGGLES indeed! :D :D :D

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Heard this song the other day and yeah, it's theirs, like duh! A flashback of sorts and a hopeful [face_batting] of future things to come!

[face_love]

The song: :) [face_sigh]

~~!

Thrawn sees Ayesha all dressed up and fine!

Her expressive eyes, full lips, graceful movements!
    Every gesture is a work of art.
    Every laugh, every smile, that he knows is for him, alone.

So, after the obligatory function is over, and they've left all the socializing behind,
    He is more than ready to help her slip out of that shimmery, silken sassy dress of hers.

++++++

:D [face_love]

Chyntuck likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Tied to the wonderful latest chapter: "Silence"

~~!

How many things cannot be uttered, cannot be adequately expressed even if words existed.

There is a truth that supercedes and enriches all that ravages and wounds ...

There is a thing of wonderment that amazes all who observe and are privileged to bear witness ...

It is they ... together ... the beauty that each brings out in the other ... the rich, beautiful, and luminous hearts.

It is said that love means two souls in one body.

And your heart beating in my breast and my breath filling your lungs.

This is faithful and deserving of full acceptance.

++++

!!

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Tied to the last 2 chapters: [face_love]

~!

The crystalline waters are smooth and rippling. they envelop and soothe a tired and troubled spirit.

The bars of silence are broken - finally - by a need stronger than breath.

The sculpts of light are a celebration, a triumphant, courageous shout out to the Universe.

I am unbowed and unbroken.

Still, I rise.

+++++++

^:)^ !!!!!!!

25. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Here I am for a review of the latest three entries :) Lovely little snippets, as always. You're doing a great job of capturing what Thrawn and Ayesha see -- or want to see -- in each other.
    Ah, the eternal optimist has spoken [:D] But Ayesha does indeed have a way of bouncing back after all the trials she goes through -- and at this point, she is truly determined to let the darkness behind.