main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ?Glimpses? - UDC5 - Week Twenty (A/T) - FIN! - posted: 09/30

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Maggy, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Title: Glimpses
    Author: Maggy
    Genre: drabbles
    Keywords: Monday Lunch Breaks
    Summary: shorties
    Notes: Star Wars belongs to George Lucas. I own nothing! It?s all George Lucas' world; I?m just hanging out for a while.
    posted for the Ultimate Drabble Challenge5 (UDC5)
    Thanks to Blue_but_beautiful and Ceillean for giving this a look over.

[color=blue][b]Challenge Set One[/b] (May 17, 2010)
    1. Doctor
    2. Companion
    3. Time
    4. Space
    5. Dimensions[/color]

[color=blue][b]Challenge Set Two [/b](May 24, 2010)
    6. Island
    7. Survival
    8. Lost
    9. Other
    10. Flashback[/color]

[color=blue][b]Challenge Set Three [/b](May 31, 2010)
    11. Far
    12. Prisoners
    13. Peacekeepers
    14. Uncharted
    15. Scape[/color]

[color=blue][b]Challenge Set Four [/b](June 7, 2010)
    16. Smart
    17. 99
    18. Chief
    19. Agents
    20. Shoe[/color]

[color=blue][b]Challenge Set Five [/b](June 14, 2010)
    21. Super
    22. Bat
    23. Wonder
    24. Hawk
    25. Lantern[/color]

[b][color=blue]Challenge Set Six [/color][/b][color=blue](June 21, 2010)
    DVD Box Set One
    26.-30. Choose any challenge set from UDC1 or UDC2.

I picked: Week 20 of UDC1

26. A Light In The Dark
    27. Steer By The Stars
    28. Shake The Heavens
    29. Beneath These Hands
    30. The Path And The Walker[/color]

[b][color=blue]Challenge Set Seven [/color][/b][color=blue](June 28, 2010)
    31. Iron
    32. Challenge
    33. Stadium
    34. Chairman
    35. Chef[/color]

[b][color=blue]Challenge Set Eight [/color][/b][color=blue](July 5, 2010)
    36. Ducks
    37. Money
    38. Uncle
    39. Gizmo
    40. Tales[/color]

[b][color=blue]Challenge Set Nine [/color][/b] [color=blue](July 12, 2010)
    41. Murder
    42. Mystery
    43. Writer
    44. Retired
    45. Teacher[/color]

[color=blue][b]Challenge Set Ten[/b][/color][color=blue] (June 19, 2010)
    46. Captain
    47. Pilot
    48. Mechanic
    49. Mercenary
    50. Serenity[/color]

[color=blue][b]Challenge Set Eleven[/b] (July 26, 2010)
    51. Office
    52. Sales
    53. Accounting
    54. Management
    55. Temp[/color]

[color=blue][b]Challenge Set Twelve [/b](August 2, 2010)
    56. Terrorists
    57. Deadline
    58. Jack
    59. Defiant
    60. 24[/color]

[color=blue][b]Challenge Set Thirteen[/b] (August 9, 2010)
    61. Enterprise
    62. Galaxy
    63. Federation
    64. Next
    65. Generation[/color]

[color=blue][b]Challenge Set Fourteen[/b] (August 16, 2010)
    66. Psychic
    67. Detective
    68. Fraud
    69. Awareness
    70. Pharmaceutical[/color]

[color=blue][b]Challenge Set Fifteen [/b](August 23, 2010)
    [b]DVD Box Set Two[/b]
    71.-75. Choose any (non-"Author's Choice") challenge set from UDC3 or UDC4.

[b]Week 8 - 5/25/09 - provided by Mira_Jade[/b]
    71. A Little Bit of This
    72. Anything But That
    73. Not For Nothing
    74. Everything Else
    75. What Matters Most[/color]

[color=blue][b]Challenge Set Sixteen (August 30, 2010) [/b]
    76. Ranger
    77. Cavalier
    78. Thief
    79. Acrobat
    80. Barbarian[/color]

[color=blue][b]Challenge Set Seventeen (September 6, 2010) [/b]
    81. Boys
    82. Mountain
    83. Town
    84. Controversy
    85. Profanity[/color]

[color=blue][b] Challenge Set Eighteen [/b] (September 13, 2010)

86. Steed
    87. Peel
    88. Gale
    89. Stylish
    90. Needed [/color]

[color=blue][b] Challenge Set Nineteen [/b] (September 20, 2010)

91. Theater
    92. Singing
    93. Jokes
    94. Guests
    95. Puppets [/color]

[color=blue][b] Challenge Set Twenty [/b] (September 27, 2010)

96. Girl
    97. Secret
    98. Blood
    99. Magic
    100. Slayer [/color]

2. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Doctor

The wind was whipping into his face as he rushed through the dark canopies of the forest of Kashyyyk. He wasn?t as quick as he had hoped. The tall wroshyr trees were made for the sharp talons of a Wookiee and not his human hands. He could feel in the Force his chasers approaching, closing the distance between them. His backbag was secured on his back and contained vital information for the Doctor waiting for him in Okikuti. He nearly slipped and had to steady himself in the Force to not fall into the depth of the jungle of Kashyyyk.

Companion

Anakin was climbing up the steep steps of the ziggurat close to the academy on Yavin. He couldn?t see the top of it, it was vanishing in the bright sunlight of Yavin?s sun. Sweat had started to trickle down his back as his legs and arms moved to raise him higher and higher toward his destiny. The sun stood in an unfortunate position for his path blinding him more and more. He could feel his muscles, each of them, and they had started to burn from the strain but each pull brought him closer to his waiting companion on top.

Time

His time was running out. But at the good side he had managed to lose his chasers in the thick canopies of Kashyyyk?s trees. He leaped and jumped, aided by the Force, closing the distance to the city. He could feel that the content of his bag was still intact. The scientists in Okikuti should be able to extract the Serum necessary to find a solution for the currently spreading disease among the Wookiees. It caused their pelt to fall out, leaving nasty and painful blisters all over their skin. A last leap, a last jump and he was there.

Space

It had worked, his whole effort and endeavour had saved them all. He was just glad that their sense of honour had not caused the Wookiees to pledge a lifedept to him. He didn?t know how he would feel would a whole species be protecting him and would give their life for his. It was good to be back in space and on his way home. Or at least the place that came close to something like home. Now home was something were his heart was, and that was the place where a certain green eyed, blonde Jedi Knight was.

Dimensions

The muscles in his arms flexed as he finally pulled himself over the edge of the last top of the ziggurat. His body was bathed with his sweat, the pearls dripping from his forehead, nearly burning in his eyes as they dropped. Exhaust his feet reached the stony surface. ?Dummy, finally,? he was greeted by the for him most perfect voice. His eyes found the emerald pools of the blonde whirlwind he called his girl. He pulled her into his arms and his lips found her pink ones in a slow, sweet kiss. It felt like a whole new dimension.

3. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Companion was my favorite. I liked the image how he climbed up the ziggurat to be with Tahiri. Very, very lovely image. [face_love]

4. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Doctor and Dimensions were my favorites.

It felt like a whole new dimension. - I really like this line, great use of the theme.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful descriptions, very vivid, so A/T.

:D

6. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Thank you, Cei, it was a scene sketched out be much bigger then just 100 words LOL

Glad you like it Tarsier, thank you for reading

Thank you, Jade_eyes

Thank you all [:D]

7. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004

Challenge Set Two (May 24, 2010)

Island

How they had ended up on the island they didn't know. They had to water their ship in the middle Of the ocean. With an emergency boat they escaped the sinking vessel. For hours they rowed rather aimlessly on the endless water surface. At some point the tide had mercy with them and brought them ashore. Tired they sunk into the warm sand and she snuggled close to him her Arm slinging around his waist.
    ?What are we going to do now??
    ?Lemme think after some sleep of that, I am sure we figure something out in time you?ll see.?

Survival

?What do you mean with ?I have never made any survival training???
    ?Just that I have no idea what we are going to do now that we are here on the beach,? he looked lazily up to her from his comfortable position down in the sand, stretched out and resting.
    She kicked her foot, delivering a scoop of sand onto his stomach, ?You?re getting up NOW, we have to see how to get off here.?
    ?Don?t make such a drama, going to move since you asked me so nicely,? he got onto his feet and smiled his winning, lopsided grin.

Lost

?Get lost,? he complained, waving his arms in her general direction, gesturing wildly.
    ?I beg your pardon?? she asked confused, anger creeping into her voice.
    ?Get lost,? he said again, his arms still waving like windmills.
    She was close to explode now, how dare he to tell her to get lost? Who does he think he is, the super checker? ?Anakin Solo, how dare you to tell me to get lost? Have you lost YOUR mind with all this sun??
    Confused his eyes focused on her, his mind had been somewhere else, ?Uhh not you, the bugs swirling around here.?

Other

?Other ideas you don?t have? I don?t want to spend the rest of my life on this island, Solo. You?re the one good with machines, think of something. Afterall you are the hero-boy around here,? her green eyes blazed with impatience. ?Uhh, if you have not noticed, there is nothing we could use to get off. And a raft? We do not even know where to go and what distance to the main land would be nor anything,? he tried for days to sooth her nerves but failed. He wanted to get off here as much as she wanted to.

Flashback

?You know, there been a time you would have done something.?
    ?Are you having flashbacks again? I told you, our only chance is to contact someone through the Force. Have I not also explained to you that I need to fall into a deep mediation to archive that? We are in the middle of nowhere. Be Patient.?
    ?That is not how imagined our honeymoon, Dummy.?
    ?Me neither but let me try to get us out of here so I can give you the honeymoon we wanted.? He wrapped her into a tight hug, holding her lovingly close to his chest.

8. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I liked Lost. Swapping away bugs.
    That was kinda cute.

Although, Anakin and Tahiri are always cute together.

9. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Awww, Anakin and Tahiri are so cute together.

Love the story about the Wookiees.

=D=

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi!!!!

Cute set!

Gratifying too because Anakin and Tahiri are on their honeymoon. Love how she still calls him "Dummy" [face_laugh]

[face_dancing]
    ~~
    I too am on a mission with my SW drabbles -- all L/M and J/J -- happy, no more struck stupid by idiotic denials or breakups!!!!!

:p

:mad:

[face_not_talking]

11. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Glad you like it Cei I thought Anakin could get so lost in his own mind he would say something stupid to someone LOL

Thank you Fels] :D

Hehe, ty ty Jade_eyes. Well, Anakin really said something really dumb to her, did he not?
    Yeah life is full of those stupid idiotic denials and breakups 8-}

Thank you all for reading :D

12. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004

Challenge Set Three (May 31, 2010)

Far

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away ...
    It is a period of peace but scoundrels and spice runners are giving the citizens a hard Time. The youth is easily swayed by the seduction of the spice. But one stands against them, the heroic Lord Solo. He operates from a hidden base and has won his first victory against the evil spice runners. During the battle his allies managed to steal the precious illegal substances, the ultimate weapon against the free will of a whole galaxy. Pursued by sinister agents, Solo gathers his companions to save the galaxy ...

Prisoners

It is a dark time for Lord Solo and his cause. Although the spice runners are defeated, the smugglers have driven his resistance forces from their bases and pursued them across half the galaxy. Evading the dreaded runners, a group of anti spice fighters led by Anakin and Tahiri Solo, have established a new secret base on Dagobah. The evil crime boss Backviewer, obsessed with finding the Younglings, has dispatched thousands of drone Prisoners, all obedient with their addiction to Spice, to probe the far reaches of half the galaxy ...

Peacekeepers

Anakin Solo has returned to his home planet of Coruscant in an attempt to rescue his friend Lowbacca from the clutches of the vile gangster Reverse Gazer. Little do the Peacekeepers know that the crime boss Backviewer has secretly begun to reconstruct the previous spice routs and replaced the destroyed ships. The new vessels are even more powerful and their cargo holds bigger than the first dreaded ships. When rebuilt, those ultimate runs will spell certain doom for the small band of resistance fighters struggling for a spice free galaxy ...

Uncharted

Turmoil has engulfed half of the galaxy. The taxation of the trade routes, charted or uncharted, to any star system is fuel for the smugglers. Their established system worked pretty well even Anakin Solo wasn?t able to prevent that from happening. Hoping to deepen the dispute the former crimelord and now Trade Organization Emperor blocked Coruscant from all routes and stopped all shipping. While the government endlessly debates of those alarming chain of events, Anakin Solo and his wife, are heading toward the capital world to bring Backviewer to justice ...

Scape

War! The galaxy is grumbling under attacks by the ruthless Emperor Backviewer. There are heroes on both sides. Evil is everywhere. In a stunning move, the fiendish leader Reversegazer has swept into the capital and kidnapped Grand Master Skywalker, leader of the Jedi. As the Trade Organization army attempts to keep the capital under siege while a part trying to escape with their valuable hostage, two Jedi Knights, Anakin and Tahiri Solo, lead a desperate mission to rescue the Jedi Grand Master and save the galaxy of its final doom ...

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent use of the prompts and love the connecting themes as is reflected in the beginning sentences. :)

14. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Love them. They almost sounded like mini trailers for a series of episodes.

=D=

15. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Jade_eyes:
    Thank you, glad you like it :D

FelsGoddess:
    Thank you :D
    The appearance of mini trailers comes from basing them onto the opening crawls of the movies ;)

Thank you all for reading :D

16. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Very clever, basing them off the opening crawls. Now you just have to finish the stories. ;)

And I must say, I'm intrigued by the idea of the galaxy being run by smugglers. . .

17. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    LOL finish the stories - those are drabbles they are finished 8-}
    thank you, glad you like the idea :D

Those are dedicated to a funny misspelling - Bra-bbles ;)

[color=blue][b]Smart[/color][/b]

A knocking noise sliced through the silence of the room. Startled the two lovers woke blinking through the darkness.
    ?Anakin? Open! Right! Now!? someone shouted beyond the door.
    They struggled quickly up and hands searched for cloths in the dark.
    ?Anakin, I know you are there. Open that door!"
    His eyes met hers, frantic and caught. Quickly she picked her cloths and vanished in the enclosed wardrobe. As the door closed behind her, the other opened.
    ?What?s going on here?? his father asked.
    ?Nuffing,? he stammered.
    Han?s eyes settled on the forgotten bra on the floor. ?Not a smart answer.?

[color=blue][b]99[/color][/b]

Emerald green eyes met watery blue ones.
    They held each other captured for eons that were just a blink of time.
    Fingers traced over an arm, feathery light, a whisper of skin.
    A strap slid down of her shoulder, twisting as it is pushed.
    Gaze held gaze, the moment stretched.
    His hands continued to wander, caressing her back.
    Her lashes fluttered, nearly missing the small wedge growing between his brows.
    A small smile tucked on the corner of her lips, sparking a fire in her eyes.
    ?Don?t tell me you try out 99 ways to not open a bra, Dummy.?

[color=blue][b]Chief[/color][/b]

A slight scowl formed on her pink lips. He was being lazy and let her sort alone the cloths away. Some smashball game was shown on the flatscreen. She had been watching him, he had dozed off at some point of the game, leaving her alone with all the shirt, trousers, underwear and socks to iron and fold away. Lazy man, she thought. She picked up a pink bra and walked over to the curled up form of her fiancé and with skilled fingers she strapped it over his head waking him, ?Now you are the chief of bras, Dummy.?

[color=blue][b]Agents[/color][/b]

?Watch out for the secret agents of the bra-ness not that they will get you,? she grinned at him.
    His mind was still foggy from the nap he was woken from. ?What?? he asked confused.
    ?Ohhh, sweet, you are awake! Now you can help me with the cloths,? she smiled.
    ?I am watching the game.?
    ?With your eyes closed??
    ?Uhh, I was testing the eyelids if they protect my eyes from the sunlight.?
    ?But the testing is over now? You can test now if you can fold socks and put them into the drawers.?
    It was his turn to scowl.

[color=blue][b]Shoe[/color][/b]

He froze in his track, instantly forgotten what he had just been thinking.
    There she was, a sight to be hold. Very breathtaking.
    Unconsciously he licked on his lower lip. It was definitely getting rather warm and hot.
    He sucked his lower lip between his teeth.
    So hot.
    So very tempting.
    Temptation of skin and black lace, lace that hugged her body like a second hide.
    He rubbed his suddenly sweaty palms on his trousers, his eyes drowning on the image unfolding before him. Her perfect body clad only in a black lace bra, matching panties and high heel shoes.

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, that was delicious!

Thank you!

:D

Squee!

19. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Smart [face_laugh] Busted.

99, Chief, Agents [face_laugh] Sneaky.

Shoe [face_mischief]

Love 'em. =D=

20. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Thank you Jade_eyes and Fels :D

21. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Challenge Set Five (June 14, 2010)

21. Super

?You are not super man! Stop constantly playing the hero boy I nearly lost you once, twice, trice but now it's enough. My nerves are just as strong and I am not going to be your super girl that sits by watching you pulling one stunt after the other and leaving me behind. Next time you take me along, dummy. Or it was the last you have seen of me.?
    ?Are you done now with your triad or is there more to come??
    ?I think I am done now.?
    ?Good. Good. Would you do me the honour and marry me??

22. Bat

?No, no, no that feels not right! Look at this hair, it feels like a bat has hatched in it.?
    ?Calm down, you hair looks fantastic, they did a piece of art with it. Would you for once take a look you'd know.? Jaina chuckled at her soon to be sister in law who had her emerald green eyes closed not daring to take a look.
    ?And what if I am right??
    ?Don?t be such a baby,? Jaina chided.
    A green eye opened slightly, blinking through thick lashes at the image in the mirror before both opened in surprise, ?Ohh!?

23. Wonder

?That is wonderful!? the young woman beamed up at her.
    ?I told you, chicken,? she teased.
    ?I can't believe what you have managed.?
    ?Not just me.?
    ?Yes, right, thanks to all but you,? the nervous bride attempted to joke.
    ?Funny! Are you ready??
    ?Uhh?
    ?This is not the moment for ?uhh?s!?
    ?Uhh, I think??
    She rolled her eyes at the answer. ?Why does he marry you again? You are such a chicken. Where is the enthusiastic ?I do'??
    The bride smiled brightly at her soon to be sister in law, ?Well, you know, I do not want to merry you."

24. Hawk

?Haha, very funny. Ready??
    ?Yes.? ?See, you can say it,? Jaina wrapped the younger woman into a tight hug. ?I?m so happy for you two.?
    ?Don?t crush the dress or me.?
    ?Sorry,? she let go of her. ?Are you ready to go? I suppose they are waiting for the main person.?
    ?Yeah but you know, without me there will be no show at all.?
    ?You do know that if you not go out soon they will send out the war hawks to find you. Your husband might worry that you reconsidered.?
    ?That?s very convincing, let us go and face it.?

25. Lantern

Sunlight flooded the cathedral through the triforium arcades that stretched along the whole length of the nave. The aisles were filled with countless beings. The centre of attention was the happy couple with their hands joined in an infinity loop, loosely bound together with a rope. Their faces were lit with joy and love.
    Together.
    The newly weds reached for the prepared small candle that was already lit. As two halfs of a whole they bent to the wedding candle, placed in a lantern. The fire licked on it before it sprung over and lit the symbol of their union.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Marvelous challenge response!!!!!! Tahiri and Jaina teasing each other -- fun!! And Lantern *dreamy sigh*

[face_dancing]

23. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Challenge Set Six (June 21, 2010)
    DVD Box Set One
    26.-30. Choose any challenge set from UDC1 or UDC2.

I picked: Week 20 of UDC1

A Light In The Dark

As a light in the dark
    Nothing more than a spark
    Small and tiny in the wind
    Resisting the force to be thinned

A second joins the whispering flake
    Causing the flame to shake
    As the sum of their parts
    Filling brightly their hearts

Together they shine bright
    Being each other?s Knight
    In every situation of life
    Fighting against all strife.

A prophecy told about them
    Their destiny was condemn
    Battles dominated their way
    Being the doom of their prey

As two candle in the dark
    Brightening the stark
    Blazing and strong in the storm
    Shaping the darkness into form

Steer By The Stars

The deep void of light is un-complaining
    Knowing that in the end it can just gaining
    With the absence of all comes weakness
    It is skirmishing against the uniqueness

Slightly steered by the star?s light
    Wind strokes over the waves of bright
    Caresses the beams like a lovers touch
    Endlessly - Never getting too much

Beacons of hope and delight
    In times of constant night
    The eternal glow of the heaven?s tent
    Silently watching the galaxy?s descent

Two candles are nearly the last resort
    Forging optimism like an iron fort
    Their love igniting illumination
    A doing by their own creation

Shake The Heavens

Patiently darkness waits
    Anxiety it creates
    Until dawn breaks
    The heaven shakes

A ray of light
    Pure and bright
    Making things right
    Taking flight

Azure and green
    Destiny long foreseen
    Love in between
    But the path unseen

Light and dark
    A never-ending arc
    Ready to embark
    Waiting for the spark

A growing belligerent
    All but pleasant
    Azure and green brilliant
    The darkness regnant

The final confrontation
    The war in motion
    Release of stored emotion
    Went beyond the notion

The end was a disaster
    A fight with sword and blaster
    The darkness attempts to master
    But the light was being faster

Beneath These Hands

Beneath these hands
    The justice bends
    The galaxy weeps
    While darkness creeps

They do after my bidding
    My iron fist is grinding
    My will is pressed
    Complainers get arrest

Uprisings are common
    They prepare with cannon
    My fleets are skilled
    The uprising fire is killed

The time of my darkness
    Called for some braveness
    That rose from a place
    I should have long erase

Prepared with sword and saber
    As well my flaring anger
    I confronted my contender
    To crush him like a spider

He was not alone
    Acting like a crone
    Countless rows of soldiers
    He sent as answers

The Path And The Walker

The path is unknown land
    And leads to most unplanned
    Confident it?s followed anyway
    Through most night and day

What choice they bear
    Other then swallow fear
    While seeking unknown lands
    Where their future bends

A female Jedi Knight
    Fighting for the light
    With her loyal companion
    Forged an uncharted union

Her partner?s legacy
    Had not really mercy
    It darkened their future
    Just waiting to rupture

Their once told divination
    They took with caution
    Heading warily to unknown
    So they do not need to atone

The endless talker
    And the silent walker
    Follow the unknown path
    Not fearing any wrath

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Amazing and beautiful!!!

=D=

=D=

Hugs!!!!!!!

25. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Sind das denn auch wirklich immer 100 Wörter? :p

A prophecy told about them
    Their destiny was condemn
    Battles dominated their way
    Being the doom of their prey

This brings on one hell of a plot bunny. [face_thinking]
    Imagine a prophecy of loved one, destined to meet, destined to be with one another forever...romantic, right? Uber romance stuff.

I do envy anyone who can write poetry. I suck at it.

You did a wonderful job, Maggie!

=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.