main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

.GLM and .XSI Conversion to .X (model+Animation)

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by brh4j1, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brh4j1

brh4j1 Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2008
    First off: even though I am making this game only for myself as I am a big star wars fan I want to address: everything from the source code, to the source animation .XSI files have been fully released for Jedi Knight Academy by the game makers: Lucas Arts, and yes, I own the game (one of my fav games!)

You can find the released Animation and Model Source Files here: http://browse.files.filefront.com/Star+Wars+Jedi+Knight+III+Jedi+Academy+Tools+and+Utilities+Modding+Tools/;1316112;/browsefiles.html

To make a very long story short I will get to the core question: I want to import a .GLM (also used by quake3) model into a single file such as .x (animations, and all)
    Each model has 2 main files: .GLM (the model), and .XSI (animation). I have no problem converting the models, and I can even import them in the game fine; however, I am at a dead end on the animations. I can load the .XSI file in Softimage ModTools, and it loads the model fine. But what, or how can I combine the animations, and the model into a single .X file? Im sure I am not the only one who has made a NPC by converting a GLM file.
    On a side note: I am only attempting to convert out of the nonhumanmodelsanims. Specifically the mutant_rancor =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.