main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 'Gloveless' [Jacen/Tenel Ka, Allana, Leia, OC / one-poster, sometime near the start of Legacy]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Tenel-Ka-, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    This was written for a fanfic challenge on another board awhile back. It had to be first person, from an original character's point of view -- and it had to be them meeting a "famous" canon character. It also had to include the word humbled and the phrase "your mom"... :D

It takes place somewhere right near the start of the Legacy series and the POV is from Tenel Ka's social secretary. It's now obviously an AU story, but I figured I could still post it. ;)

-------------------------------------

Gloveless

I emerged from the Queen Mother's quarters into the waiting area of the salon and I was absolutely shocked to see a woman there. Was it that late already? Was it time for the Queen Mother's next appointment? I recognized her immediately, as I had met her a few times before, and tried to look as nonchalant as possible as I sauntered my way over to the seating area.

"Good afternoon," I said hesitantly, delivering a small bow. My muscles had tensed up right away at the sight of her -- I mean, this was Leia Organa Solo. And if this regal woman, this Mrs. Leia Organa Solo, had any idea what was going on in the room I had just exited from -- who knows what kind of fresh hell would break loose.

She stood, nodding to me and reached out to shake my hand. I took both of hers in mine and shook them gently, placing a small kiss on the back of one. I couldn't help it. She smiled softly, seating herself back on the plush sofa I had found her on and I took a seat across from her in an oversized chair.

"How is the Queen Mother?" She asked.

"Oh, she's doing alright. She's been very busy today. Meetings all day."

"Am I the last?"

"Unfortunately, no." I shook my head, placing my hands in my lap. "I believe she has another one or two after you." I had peered down to the ground, the news I relayed serving to depress myself in the process. More meetings meant more time cooped up in the salon, wrangling angry politicians and rambling civilians who wanted an audience the with Queen Mother. I tried to brighten my expression though, perking up a bit. "Can I get you something to drink? Some caf, maybe?"

"Yes, please. That sounds good."

I got up and wandered to the kitchen area. I was praying that her super-Jedi senses couldn't detect my heart, that kriffing thing was racing at a horribly quick pace. While I was fixing her a cup of caf, she inquired about something that made my heart stop and my throat close up.

"What about Allana? Is she doing alright?"

I pasted the biggest grin on my face and spun around, carrying the beverage over to her. Once I handed it to her, I figured I'd had enough time to compose some sort of answer and I sat back down in the chair across from her. "She's doing very well. Tenel Ka has been teaching her a few things about the Force here and there. It's very interesting to watch how she picks up on all of it."

I always saw Leia Organa Solo as this prim and proper woman; someone who never took any shavit from anyone. My opinion of her was instantly humbled as she leaned forward and spoke, setting her already half-empty mug of caf down on the low table. "You've seen Allana, right, Mr. Vessau?"

She always seemed like some sort of untouchable politician, always thinking and working through situations, always on the mark, always working, never any time for anything else. And here she was, curious about Allana.

"I have." I nodded, suddenly wary of what I could say and what I couldn't. "And you can call me Gadell."

"Alright, Gadell." She took her caf back up into her hands, her eyes narrowing as if she was going through choices of what she thought she could ask me. "What does she look like?"

"She looks like her mother." I answered before a heartbeat passed. It was the most obvious answer, and the safest.

This sly little grin crossed Leia's face at that point, and not that she looked any kind of old to begin with, but that smile made her look like a teenager again. Like she did in all those holos you'd always see from the Rebel Alliance days. "Really?

2. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Allana ia so cute!!! Love it! :D

JF

3. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    [face_love]Beautiful!

i loved it. and perhaps the help of his mom would make things go slightly different...Anyway, great fic!

[face_cowboy]Dana[face_cowboy]

4. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Excellent! I hope there is more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.