main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive GM Training Game Thought, or Alternate GMing Concept

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Sinrebirth , Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Last thing I want is disturbing your managment, but probably I can help be adding two concepts to this. I must contribute something, do I. And I might have something of another tone.

I´ll write thmem later

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Fin, you're very welcome to. I run a fluid management system. :cool:

3. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I don´t know sinre. If I translate this into german, it sounds like I have to be drunk all the time [face_laugh] Okay, for you . . . everything . . .

4. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    My two ideas. More episodic in nature, to assure every GM could tell his own story. For I think creating storylines might be key to GMing- Creating them is one thing, making them work ith players in a text based media, is another.

I. DarkStryder

After the victory of Endor the Alliance has turned into the New Republic. The Empire is overthown in thousands of systems. Among them is the Minos Cluster, where the former High Inquisitor Tremayne has made himself a self-styled tyrant. After his defeat at the Battle of Karideph he has escaped and fled deep into the Unknown Regions to the barely charted regions of the Kathol Outback. Leia Organa Solo and Mon Mothma have hastily assembled a crew for the captured Nebulon-G frigate FarStar. A team of Republic Soldiers, Freelancers and even some students from Luke Skywalker´s Jedi Academy build to hunt down the former tyrant and his small fleet.
    Searching for the Empire in unknown space will lead the unharmonic crew to new planets, hidden horrors, strange species, forgotten colonies and Crime Lords operating at the borders of known space. All while Tremayne´s forces try to stop them and rumors spread the Warlord searches for someone or something only known to the galaxy as Dark Stryder.

Note: Like the WEG scenario this is based on, Dark Stryder would be episodic in nature. Every GM would create an advenutre and run it. Then the next one does. Trainees could create original content or material or use the one given by WEG.

[color=purple][i][b]
    II. Knights of the Old Republic[/b][/i][/color]

The Jedi Order is still recovering from the last war with the Sith. But the void the last war has left is filled up fast by powers who try to profit from the Republic´s weakness and absence of it´s guardians. Crime Lords, corrupt politicians, aggressive aliens and even leftovers of Darth Malak´s Sith Empire make their claim for power. And the Jedi must proof they can still be the guardians they once were. Therefore a group of five Jedi is build to take care of the most pressing crisis, while the Order is slowly rebuilding. Being the only group of Jedi in the galaxy working for the protection of people, they must adapt to many problems, face great challenges and show themsleves to be true Jedi after all.

[i]Note: Again an episodic tale, where everything can be done from monster-hunts to war-stories. Darksiders, criminals or rogue governors. GMs can decide what to do, or be handed ideas from the managers of the game and have a limited adventure to run. Designs and background can be used from the two KOTOR games and the comics. Also original content is possible. [/i]

5. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    I like ´em both a lot. Especially the idea of having smaller adventures. My favourite is absolutely Dark Stryder. Seems to cover all kinda games really well.

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Just for kicks...

30,000 BBY - The True Sith War

Set in the days covering the fall of the Great Five species and the dominion of the Humans and the Hidden Three that is to come, it touches upon six individuals who, from their own worlds, will herald the end of the galaxy... and it's rebirth...

7. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    I this actually only a training program for new GMs or also for those who have problems with certain aspects . . . language for example [face_blush]

8. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    DarkStryder, I like. Nice concept, that. [face_thinking]

9. Hero_Of_The_Force

Hero_Of_The_Force Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2008
    I get new RPG ideas on a daily bases. I think my maste ris sick of it >.>

Anways I like both of Fins ideas.

I do have a question, though: Are we going to do an RPG or is this just and IDea threaD? Or something else? @.@

10. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    I guess organisation of a pilot project needs time, Hero.

But I think the player´s are ready. People seem to like DarkStryder. Sinrebirth as head and Fin as Co seems to be a solid team of Master´s to me.

Next step?

11. Hero_Of_The_Force

Aug 22, 2008
    I wasn't trying to rush this, just wondering where it would lead.

12. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Don´t worry, you two. I´ll get Sinre and we get things moving. Rachel, I am not sure if this is the right thing for you. You´ve GMed longer than us, but if you want to . . . we can figure something out, I am sure.

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Most certainly. I'll get something up tomorrow, if that's fine with the RPF Mods.

I'll randomly decide what order to put your chance to GM together, working from the Darkstryder concept that Fin has thrown at us. How's that sound. For now, we'll keep the Force simple, as per most games, and keep it in the realm of common sense.

Any questions? Any preferences as to when you GM? :D

If Rachel wants to play, I don't see why we can't expand the cast to seven. :D

14. Hero_Of_The_Force

Aug 22, 2008
    Me don't mind GMing although I have GMed many times before.

So we all make character in the RPG? (I call being a Jedi, if so)

15. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    I guess Rachel is the most experienced one, so why not having her start? Kick it off, so to say. How do we do characters? Submit them? With CS as usual?

Because character approval is ONE THING I am not comfortable with. We could approve each others characters. Just an idea.

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    We would all put in a CS into the thread when it goes up, but instead of placing the CS's in the GM's hands, I suggest we put them here, so we can all approve of them, or at very least the majority.

Thoughts?

17. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Sounds good. I´ll work on mine and post it tomorrow, I guess.

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It'd probably be best to wait until I've posted the opening post in the RPF, Draco, and I want to be sure the Mods are on board first. :D

I'm thinking of setting it in 15 ABY, which is pretty much all alone, and there can be Jedi thus, and the New Republic is up and running.

19. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Oh, yeah I see how that makes sense [face_laugh]I´ll wait then. I actually have the old box set, I realized. Somewhere.

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Here's what I have so far...

15 ABY: The FarStar Chronicles ? A GM Praxeum Game

After the victory of Endor, the Alliance has turned into the New Republic. The Empire is overthrown in thousands of systems, among them the Minos Cluster, where the former High Inquisitor Tremayne has made himself a self-styled tyrant. After his defeat at the Battle of Karideph he has escaped and fled into the Unknown Regions, to the barely charted regions of the Kathol Outback.

Chief of State Leia Organa Solo and Mon Motha have hastily assembled a crew for the captured Nebulon-G frigate FarStar. A team of Republic Soldiers, freelancers and even students from Luke Skywalker?s Jedi Academy is built to hunt down the former tyrant and his small fleet, meshing together a crew from numerous backgrounds.

Searching for the Empire in unknown space will lead the crew to new planets, hidden horrors, strange species, forgotten colonies and crime lords, all operating at the borders of known space. But Tremayne knows they?re coming for him, and as he prepares to crush them, there are rumours spread that the warlord searches for someone or something only known to the galaxy as DarkStryder.

Welcome!

This is a game created by the GM Praxeum, a group of seven players and would be GM?s brushing up on their GMing, or learning the ropes for the first time.

While we?re not accepting any new players at the moment, if you?re really interested in having a go, drop in at the praxeum and get involved. We?re not always going to want to practice, after all, so you can join in. :D

Every month a player will have the opportunity to take the reigns of the game, and practice GMing. Hopefully everyone will learn from the experiences, and we?ll enjoy ourselves!

Cast

Sinrebirth
    Hammurabi
    Hero_of_the_Force
    DarthXan318
    The_Loyal_Imperial
    Sir_Draco
    RachelTyrell

Character Sheet ? Please will all cast members post their CS?s in the Praxeum thread, so players have their hand at checking CS?s out!

Name:
    Planet of Birth:
    Rank & Affiliation:
    The Force: Yes or No
    Weapons:
    Equipment:
    Bio:

The Rules

1. The Force - this game will be taking a largely common sense to this ? be realistic as to what your character can do!

2. The ToS still applies

3. All OOC comments in the Praxeum thread, please.

4. The GM?s word is law!

5. Be good!

6. Enjoy playing!

21. Hero_Of_The_Force

Aug 22, 2008
    Name: Rahl Souza

Species: Gand

Planet of Birth: Coruscant

Appearance

Rank & Affiliation: Apprentice in the Jedi Order

The Force: Yes

Weapons:
    ~ Lightsaber; Rahl has a double bladed Lightsaber that can be disconnect. Unlike the Fiber-Cord linked Lightsaber, Rahl?s can be detached then reattached without the Fiber cord. The blades are Viridian, and slightly curved.
    ~ Holdout blaster

Equipment:
    - Datapad
    - Wrist Comnlink
    - Utility belt: Holds his Lightsaber (Or sabers, depends on if it is attached or detached), and other tools.

Bio:

Rahl was born on 3 BBY, where the Empire lived: Coruscant, to a family that worked in law enforcement. His mother and father were both detectives. They both knew Martial arts styles from their home world. When Rahl was older, his parents taught him martial arts. Throughout the years, he got better and better. Rahl lived to duel his father and mother. They would often travel to other planets and fight in the woods. They loved their sun and cherished him. Rahl was not spoiled, but got enough to be satisfied. He never liked greed, or cruelty. The young Gand had learned about the rebellion, he studied them and learned about Luke Skywalker. Luke was a Jedi; Rahl wondered what a Jedi was. Researching away, Rahl realized there was not much information not the Jedi, so he asked his parents. They told him what they knew about the old order, before the Empire?s reign. He was enthusiastic about becoming a Jedi, demanding his mother make him a Jedi Robe. She did, and it came out quite good, but Rahl did not know the robe was a robe many citizens wore.

Rahl was now seventeen, excellent at Martial arts, and had strong muscles. Now that his parents were older, Rahl could beat them easily, and hurt them intensely; this resulted in less battles. Being a Jedi filled Rahl?s life. Rahl trained harder every day until the academy contacted him. Rahl knew he could use the force, for he had once pushed a can on the table, by putting his hand out. The Gand knew a lot about the force, or at least he thought he did. In truth, Rahl only knew the concept, hoping it would work. It did, and Rahl tried to do more with his powers. One day he got himself and inch of the ground, while in meditation. For a few minutes, he floated, only getting a few more inches of the ground, then his father ran in and yelled ?Wow!?. Right then he crashed. Rahl wanted to go higher, but knew he needed training.

The day finally came when the academy responding, giving him the results of his blood. He was highly force sensitive; they also told him a shuttle would be there to pick him up in a few days. Rahl packed like never before. The family celebrated by going out for the last outing they would ever have together. Then the next day he left, leaving behind his old life and starting anew.

Academy life was fun for him, although he took it very seriously. Rahl was all business at the academy, taking records of every style, technique, and tips and tricks. Luke took a liking to Rahl, soon sending him on missions with his master. Shortly after helping out many people and having his master peaking high of his, Luke promoted him to the rank of apprentice. Rahl was very young, other Padawans were well into their twenties. Rahl turned eighteen, and then got a new Lightsaber. It was custom designed, with the help of Luke, it turned out amazing. Now Rahl was sent on missions by himself, helping across the galaxy.

22. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Name: Corwin Shelway
    Species: Human
    Planet of Birth: Meron
    Appearance: [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/56/Corwinshelvay.jpg]
    Rank & Affiliation: New Republic, Jedi Knight
    The Force: Yes
    Weapons: Lightsaber (blue blade), Blaster, Vibroknife, Grenades
    Equipment: Comlink, Datapad, XJ3-XWing, Training-Droid
    Bio: Corwin Shelway is unique in the reborn Jedi Order since he was one of the very few Jedi who have trained under the Jedi Masters of old, served the Rebel Alliance and finally joined Luke Skywalker´s New Jedi Order.
    A Padawan of Darrin Arkanian he is also the man responsible for High Inquisitor Tremayne´s disfigurement. His Master died in the conflict and Corwin, realizing he had touched the Dark Side retreated into the Unknown Regions. There he later joined the Rebel Alliance. Veteran of endless conflicts he was the sole member of the Alliance identifying himself as a Jedi, even though a lesser one for sure, until the emergence of Luke Skywalker. Shelway recruited Kaya Adrimtetrum and his own sister into the ranks of the Empire, played cat-and-mouse with Tremayne for many, many years and lead missions to weaken the Empire. When it fell, he turned his attention to the creation of a New Republic and through it found other Jedi. While Luke Skywalker tried to make him a teacher, he found himself uncomfortable in such a position, as he had never reached the rank of a Jedi Knight, before his Master´s death. He preferred to stay active in the New Republic. When High Inquisitor Tremayne emerged as Lord Tremayne again, claiming the Minos Cluster as his domain, he was one of the leading officers to face the new threat. The High Inquisitor escaped and Corwin informed Luke of the force-using Warlord and the danger he presented to them. And the rumors of Dark Stryder, the mysterious and dangerous force behind Tremayne´s new power.
    He asked for more Jedi and supported the New Republic´s mission to hunt down the former Inquisitor.
    Deep in his heart he realizes his personal vendetta with the man who had once hunted him only to become a hunted now in return. When he faces him again, he might be overwhelmed by his many feelings. Therefore he has taken more time to meditate and prepare for the inevitable final confrontation.

23. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Name: Mercer Cole
    Planet of Birth: Sulon
    Appearance: A well build man of moderate height one sees years of training in his movements. Black haired, blue eyed and pale due to long space travels.
    Rank & Affiliation: Commander New Republic
    The Force: No
    Weapons: DL-44 Blaster, X-Wing
    Equipment: Pilot stuff and his own nice XJ2 X-Wing. Jumpsuit, Helmet, gun
    Bio: Cole has been all kind of things in his life. Soldier is what he was most. He fought for the New republic, coming from a family of rebels as long as he could think. Originally a security man, he later joined the starfighter team of the base he was assigned to. He still is not on top of fighter combat, but as always eager to learn and concentrated. The Battle of Karideph saw his first serious engagement in a cockpit and he is happy he survived. Also his frustration of not getting the tyrant he risked his life to bring down is nagging at him.
    Therefore he eagerly volunteered to accompany the FarStar on it´s hunt into the unknown parts of space.

24. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Name: Gareth Davonn
    Planet of Birth: Balmorra
    Appearance: A tall and muscular man with grey hair and light blue eyes. Extensive scarring covers most of his right arm, the lower half of which is completely prosthetic from just above the elbow down. Synthflesh was not applied, leaving its mechanical nature clear to the viewer.
    Rank & Affiliation: Colonel, New Republic Special Forces
    The Force: No
    Weapons: A-280 blaster rifle, DH-17 blaster pistol, vibroknife, frag grenades
    Equipment: Light battle armor (with helmet), datapad, comlink headset, utility belt
    Bio:
    Born forty years before the Battle of Yavin on the industrial world of Balmorra, Colonel Davonn is an experienced veteran with several decades of military service under his belt. The colonel served with distinction during the Clone Wars as a member of the Balmorran Defense Force, fighting alongside the separatist forces on numerous fronts against the Grand Army of the Republic, during which he lost the lower half of his right arm to an enemy mortar. After the war's end, he managed to evade prosecution for his actions against the Republic during the war, and found himself instead working performing lesser security duties in one of Balmorra's countless arms-producing factories. When the time came for the Alliance to Restore the Republic to liberate his homeworld after the Emperor's death at Endor, Davonn was recommissioned as a major in the defense force and led his men on several missions to strike at key points in order to neutralize the Imperial planetary defenses.

Following this unexpected chain of events, Davonn found himself recruited into the special forces division of the New Republic Defense Force, serving first as a commando and later as an instructor for special forces training at the New Republic Military Academy, thanks in no small part to his knowledge of guerilla and urban assault tactics gained during the Clone Wars. When the reborn Emperor returned to launch his campaign to reconquer the galaxy, now-Lt. Colonel Davonn was part of the force assembled to take back Balmorra from the Imperial troops commanded to hold it; a task at which he proved most adept. The year is currently 15 ABY; Colonel Davonn has been recalled from his work of training new generations of soldiers to fight in the field once more. This time, his task is to assist in hunting down the rogue Imperial warlord Tremayne. Combating dark Jedi remain outside his area of expertise, but this does not concern him excessively. The Defense Force has a reputation for success, and he has no intention to tarnish it now.

25. Hero_Of_The_Force

Aug 22, 2008
    ...I APPROVE ALL OF YOU!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.