Edmonton Go OILERS Go!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by BLACKJEBUS, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHAAK_GG Jedi Master

star 4
    J, your post did come across being a bit mean, but knowing you, I don't think that was your intention at all.

When your team makes the playoff, it is BIG. There are 30 teams in the NHL, and only 16 can play for the cup. So Edmontonians, hockey fans or not, should be happy that Oilers got in, and are going to the second round!

Anyway, time to check the Denver, CO boards.
  2. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    that's great but try saying hello before ya want everyone to jump in on what the discussion is, kinda makes it more intresting, if they know who ya are.

3. SHAAK_GG Jedi Master

star 4
  4. BLACKJEBUS Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay, fair enough.

No Battle of Alberta in the playoffs this year. :(

I guess I have to funnel my hatred towards the Sharks now!
  5. BLACKJEBUS Force Ghost

star 4
    Darn. Better start scoring some goals.

Oilers are starting to look like the Flames!
  6. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Wow... that was a hell of a game last night... gave the sharks something to think about that's for damn sure.
  7. BLACKJEBUS Force Ghost

star 4
    Oilers win 6-3 AGAIN!

It's been a long time since Oiler fans have had a reason to be this excited about the playoffs.
  8. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Hells yeah... we whooped 'em. Now we got to Toskala, so odds are they'll start Nabukov for Weds game and he's probably rusty by now.
  9. SHAAK_GG Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, it is Nabokov. He is much better than Toskala, but he will be rusty.
  10. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Spelling Nazi :p

Anyway, Nabokov might have been a good goalie but he's been lukewarm since the Olympic break.
  11. BLACKJEBUS Force Ghost

star 4
    Apparently Toskala will start again.

To be honest, I think his only huge weakness appears to be his puckhandling skills. He's being left out to dry by his defensemen.
  12. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
  13. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    hopefully no riot tonight
  14. Domino_Leia Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't really understand the whole yah-the-oilers-won-let's-smash-some-cars-and-fight-with-the-cops mentality.

On a positive note, go Oilers!
  15. SHAAK_GG Jedi Master

star 4
    The guys who cause problems aren't even hockey fans. The real fans are at the game or watching it at home, not causing a disturbance at Whyte Ave.

Go Sharks!
  16. Domino_Leia Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oilers - 2

Sharks - 0

Take that Shaak.:D
  17. SHAAK_GG Jedi Master

star 4
    But who has been more consistent? I have been a hardcore fan of hockey since the 2001-2002 season, and I know the Sharks made the playoffs the year before that. And they have made the playoffs every year since. But anyhow, good for the Oilers, they deserved it. Dwayne Roloson was awesome as usual. The second goal looked like such a harmless play. Nabokov should have gotten the start for San Jose. Rusty, but better than Toskala.

I will cheer for the Oilers to win the Western Final, and maybe if they make the Cup Final, I will cheer for them. I am not sure.

The next Oilers game is Friday vs Anaheim.

18. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    But who's had the dynasty? You might say to stop living in the past, but those were awesome days, and seeing the Oilers even make it into the final would be absolutely unreal and bring back that confidence to the franchise and city. We would once again earn the right to be called the City of Champion, in what is really a hockey city.

I think I'm hungry for duck meat [face_mischief]
  19. SHAAK_GG Jedi Master

star 4
    I think Edmonton will win game #1, because they are alert. The Ducks may have some rust on them for sitting so long (thanks Avs!:mad:). But after game #1, both teams will play hard and whoever wins will pay in blood.

I will stop living in the past, I miss the old NHL so bad. The days of Patrick Roy will always be the best.:)
  20. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    We're going to have win more often on the road, and thanks to the oilers standings during the regular season we're getting a lot of experience on the road. Winning away games will make home games a lot easier and take the pressure off.
  21. Vadersmistress66 Jedi Knight

star 2
    YES YES YES!!!! Did ya'll WATCH last nights game!! Very exciting, it's been so long for the Oilers, they played amazing, and i am just so thrilled! I wish I was in Edmonton right now, i bet the city's just going nuts!
  22. Kivas Jedi Knight

star 1
    GO OIL

pssst..as a side note.. 5 stanley's in a row is a dynasty, not 4
  23. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ron....quit being so picky.....:p
  24. Kivas Jedi Knight

star 1
    sorry had to do it, as I am a HABs fan first(eventhough they fell apart in round one) and Oilers 2nd....and you know the HABs are the only true Dynasty - 5 in a row. :)
  25. BLACKJEBUS Force Ghost

star 4
    I always cheer AGAINST the Canadiens, simply for the fact that Habs fans have had things too easy for too many years! :p

Wow.... the Oilers are in the final four!!! That's quite an accomplishment, given how good Detroit and San Jose were this year.

And the playoff success is even a good selling point for the management this summer when they try and sign free agents. Everyone wants to play for a team that has a legitimate shot at Stanley Cup.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.