main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Go Steelers!

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by JAWAHUNTER, Dec 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebel_scum1

rebel_scum1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2003
    i'm not one to go against my fellow pittsburghers, but these insults against the browns are insulting me too. :mad: i'm getting angry :mad:

2. Siri_Ruane

Siri_Ruane Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    As soon as you stop believing, you get crushed. You just watch and see...

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    What insults are you talking about? This thread died down after the playoff game...in fact some of us have made friends among the Pittsburgh FF (and they're coming to meet the rest of us).

I've tried to educate my padawan, on the merits of supporting your home-town teams (regardles of whether you like the sport). However, she does raise a very good point that Clevelanders are kinda blind to anything other then baseball and football. There are cities that would be thrilled to have a soccer team win over the years, like the Crunch/Force, and NOBODY in this town seems to notice.

4. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    *ignites green-bladed saber along with other Cleveland Jedi, for anyone who frowns on the Browns*

Start swinging away.

I just don't like cites who only care about certain teams while other ones that could be very good are left out in the cold! When the Barons where number one in their dividsion for a long time the first season I don't think I ever heard anyone say a word about it. I'm lucky to get a very very very tiny summary of a hockey game in the newspaper and maybe if I'm lucky a picture. If you want me to be nicer to the Browns give other sports less popular the same respect...then maybe I will too.

5. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I could be wrong, but the Barons weren't part of the NHL last time I checked. And I dunno what the highest professional soccer organization is, so I can't comment on the Crunch. But Ohio is a big football state. It always has been and always will be.

I honestly haven't followed ANY sports teams lately... I've either been too busy or would rather devote my time to other activities... Given the choice, I'd probably watch the Browns and the Indians over anybody though. But I like all the Cleveland teams. Only problem is is I usually don't go to any games unless someone I know hooks me up with free tickets.

6. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    *ignites green-bladed saber along with his Padawan*

[||||||||][|======================

Actually Eric, you're both right...and wrong. The Cleveland Barons WERE once part of the NHL, back in the mid-70s. But because of the lack of $ and fan support, they didn't last long and merged with the Minnesota North Stars. So we were once part of the NHL, but Cleveland fans couldn't support more then 2 major sports. That's why when I hear people say "why Columbus, and not us" we had our chance...and blew it!

And who says you have to be part of the major leagues to still be worthy of loyal fans. There are many cities who support their teams without being in the MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL...why do we thing we're so high and mighty?

Speaking of our state capital, aside from OSU...the Bluejackets are the only MAJOR league sports team in town. However, before the Bluejackets...Columbus LOVED their MLS team "The Crew" because it was THEIR team.

One thing our PA brothers have is that they support ALL their major and minor sports teams...they truely "bleed black and gold"

7. rebel_scum1

rebel_scum1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2003
    hey- i HATE the steelers. i like the pirates and the penguins, but i hate the steelers. the only team i hate more than the steelers is the baltimore ravens

8. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Dude, are did you used to live in Cleveland or something?

I haven't been following too may sports lately. I used to be up to date on the Indians, then after they did a few trades of the good players, I started to not care.

NASCAR is my sport. :) (And no, I'm not an Earnhardt or a Gordon fan... I'm a fan of the Dodge drivers. :D)

9. jangoboy71

jangoboy71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2002
    krash - i was born and mostly raised in PA and i hated the steelers with all my heart...actually i hated every pittsburgh team :D

10. Siri_Ruane

Siri_Ruane Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    I can't stand Baltimore either

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.