main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "Go then, there are other worlds than these." The Dark Tower series discussion;

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Anakin, Sep 3, 2003.

1. ProfessorNutbudder

ProfessorNutbudder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 1, 2003
    Nice link Jedi_Daniel. There are some very interesting theories there. I just hope all of the theories concerning "IT" are true. I would like nothing more than Roland having to lock horns(or tongues!) with IT.
    Guess I'll have to wait and see.

2. RubberDuckyfromSpace

RubberDuckyfromSpace Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    "he confirms that the piano player in Tull is the same one from Mejis."

Ewww. The more I hear about the revised version the more glad I am that I didn't read it. No offense, but I find it a little insulting to everyone's intelligence that King thought he had to point out that it's the same piano player.

3. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Actually, its not the way it sounds, its really a pretty good addition. Its not so much telling us, as Shed recognizes Roland as he's easily breaking both Sheb's wrists.

4. RubberDuckyfromSpace

Aug 28, 2002
    Oh, okay. I retract my "Ewww."

Though I still refuse to read the revised edition.

5. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I actually really like that scene. Cause as he's breaking Sheb's wrists, Sheb's in a near panic and mumbling things about him just being a boy back then and how could he still remember.

6. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    You guys should check out the link that Jedi Daniel provided if you havent already. There are some really interesting and fun theories there.

7. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I'll have to go back and re-read those theories. I have been there before, but its been years since I read them.

8. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    I dug up my copy of Everything's Eventual and DDH was right, the Little Sisters were indeed vampires. Since only two of them died maybe the rest will play some kind of role in DT5... ?

9. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I thought the one who survived helped Roland in some way?

10. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
  11. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Nice! This reviews actually gives new information about what is going on. All of the others that I have seen have basically just restated the same things.

12. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    I don't know where I read this theory, but it concerns the very end of the series. The first word in The Gunslinger is 'Resumption'. Now, if Roland is on a 'wheel', eventually he'll return to the place he started. So, how batty would it drive you if Roland gets to the tower, whatever happens there happens, there's a flash of light (or something) and the final line of the DT7 is: The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed. Talk about making you want to throw the book against the wall...

13. RubberDuckyfromSpace

Aug 28, 2002
    That would be almost as stupid and pointless as Part 2 of Wizard and Glass.

ZING!

14. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Thanks for that link, DDH. Youre right, this books sounds friggin awesome !!

19 days and counting...

15. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Did anyone else get this fel of urgency after reading the summary?

I did!

16. RubberDuckyfromSpace

Aug 28, 2002
    All I got was a feeling of "okay."

I mean, it sounds good, but I can still wait.

17. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Im going to start Insomnia tomorrow as a little something to tide me over until DT5. Really looking forward to it, too.

18. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    I just read that Amazon interview that was linked here earlier. Some pretty interesting stuff there, especially when King mentions that even more familiar faces will be popping up in the remaining books, including one we all will "recognize very well..."

Speculation, anyone ?

19. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Father Callahan's been all but confirmed by King, if I recall here...undoubtedly much more of Randall Flagg and/or the "Crimson King," if he and Flagg ain't one and the same. Ralph from Insomnia, maybe?

20. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I'm willing to bet maybe some folks from The Stand per chance or some of our losers club from Derry.

21. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Well, I was flipping through DT4 earlier and came upon the section where the gunslingers learn of Flagg and Mother Abagail. When Susannah asks Roland about them he says that he thinks that theirs is a different story from the one pertaining to the Tower. Sure its possible that maybe a Larry or a Stu may show up but I wouldnt be surprised if they didnt, either.

Speaking of the Losers Club, maybe King is bringing back ole Pennywise himself...

Also, in that interview King confirms that both Ted Brautigan and Dink from Everything's Eventual will play a role in the remaining books. I thought including Dink was an interesting move. Maybe from the type of abilities he showed in Everything's Eventual could Dink be a Breaker ?

Lastly, Im about 170 pages into Insomnia, and so far Im really liking it ! :D

22. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    320 pages into The Waste Lands.

This $#!+ is ****ed up, but I like it :p

23. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
    "This $#!+ is ****ed up, but I like it "

Never have I read such an eloquent and thought-provoking book review.

24. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    My excitement level hit Defcon 3 when the Amazin article mentioned that we would be seeing Evil Black 13, the Tower's part of the Wizard's Rainbow. That is good stuff. As to who else we'll see, besides some fo them already mentioned, The two Kids from Eyes fo the Dragon, who's name I'm currently blanking on. But when the book ended, they were following Flagg, and Roland mentioned running into them, or seeing them once already. They'll show up.

25. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
    I had the names and was going to psot them, but then I blanked myself. Damn my...thing.