main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Gobi-1's Fan Art (Update 10/26/15 Video Supercut)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Gobi-1, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Done.

2. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Here's a new poster, my version of the final Drew Struzen Revenge of the Sith poster. I think it's the best Star Wars poster I've ever made.

RotS SPOILERS

Click Here

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's pretty good, Gobi-1. I like it!

4. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    That's great. I'd hang it on my wall. :D

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ooo...that's really nice!

I can really see Drew's style of layout in that poster. Great job! :D

6. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Here's a wallpaper of the poster.

RotS SPOILERS

Click Me

7. DkSavior02

DkSavior02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    wow I will agree with you.. You have made some very fine looking poster, but this one has a lot of style to it. The images are so clear and well put together, it just says everything. Great work again.

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nice! That really looks great as a wallpaper.

Awesome job again! :)

9. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I think I'm going to do a a classic trilogy film poster next. Should I create a new thread for my non-RotS art?

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Ooo...classic trilogy posters! :D I can't wait to see those!

As for making a new thread - I don't think it's really necessary. Perhaps just editing the title of the thread to something like "Gobi's Art" or something and just put a spoiler header in there. Or, you could just edit the title and mention that you added some OT pieces to your ROTS work.

11. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Yes that would be the best thing to do. I will change the thumbnail images of RotS art to links and mark them as SPOILERS.

EDIT: Ok I've edited the titled and changed the RotS thumbnails to links.

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Lookin' good, Gobi! Now I can't wait to see your OT posters! :)

13. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I'm working on Return of the Jedi. I'll have it ready by late tomorrow night or the next morning.

14. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Ok here's Return of the Jedi.

[image=http://img103.exs.cx/img103/695/rotjsagafinal7yh.jpg]

This took me forever to make so it may be a couple of days before I post another one.

15. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    That's awesome! :D

I like how the lightning arcs across Vader. That's a real nice touch. Also, is that Anakin's face I see slightly transparent in Vader's helmet?

These are really nice. Take as much time as you need on your next one. :)

16. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Finding usable pictures was the hardest part. The TFN mulitmedia section had just about everything I needed except Jabba's sailing barge.

17. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Wow Gobi!!! Your ROTS poster/wallpaper is awesome! I think I may have to change my wallpaper at work to that!

Nice ROTJ poster too! I love the Emperor's lightening going through the poster! :)

Very cool! :cool:

18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Ah, yea...I've run into that problem numerous times myself. That's why I love the new DVDs. They now eliminate that problem. You can just pop them in and get some high quality screenshots.

19. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I can play dvds on my computer but I can't screen capture them. :( I depend on the internet for images.

Here's a quick wallpaper I did for the RotJ poster.

[image=http://img39.exs.cx/img39/9203/rotj1024x7686cx.jpg]

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Very nice, Gobi-1!

21. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    That's a nice composition, Gobi-1.
    The way you placed the Emperor and his lightning to travel across the page and then juxtaposed Luke's saber is really nice. It makes my eye start in the top right corner with the shuttle, follow the lightning across to Luke's saber which then leads my eye right down to Jabba and Leia. Leia's gaze then brings my eye over the rest of the page to look at all the other various characters. Very nicely done. :)

22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I can play dvds on my computer but I can't screen capture them.

Ehh, I feel for you there. What DVD player do you have on your computer? I know the one that's installed on mine has a screen capture option.

Your poster really looks nice as a wallpaper. The background you chosen compliments the overall piece well. :)

23. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I have several, InterActual Player, which works perfect I always use it, InterVideo WinDVD which works ok but it has some problems and Windows Media Player which is no good for watching DVDs IMO.

I don't have the cash to buy new dvd software so I make do.

24. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    The Empire Strikes Back.

[image=http://img25.exs.cx/img25/369/tesbsagafinal4rh.jpg]

Not quite as good as my first two but I hope you all still like it.

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I really like the color scheme. The blues and grays really look nice with the poster. I also like your technique of the ships flying out from the poster. It gives it a sense of depth. Overall, I think I may like that one better than the ROTJ one. ;)