main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Gobi-1's Fan Art (Update 10/26/15 Video Supercut)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Gobi-1, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Here's a wallpaper for Empire.

[image=http://img94.exs.cx/img94/8941/tesb1024x7684ng.jpg]

My plans are to make 3 more posters for this series which I have dubbed Saga. The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and A New Hope will be coming over the next week.

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'll be looking forward to the new ones! :D

3. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    A New Hope.

[image=http://img134.exs.cx/img134/3561/anhsagafinal8tq.jpg]

Wallpaper later tonight.

4. DkSavior02

DkSavior02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    You simply have a talent for putting these together. My sister does a lot of photo editing and the like, croping images and setting them together, and I have a really difficult time with it myself. I just cannot see how things will fit together well. Do you set these things up before you put them together, or do they just come to you? Either way, great work as always.

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Another winner, Gobi! :)

I really love the binary sunset in the background and the way you have Obi-Wan overlooking the entire poster - just like he was overlooking Luke on Tatooine. Nice job!

6. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Sometimes I have an idea with what I'm going for but sometimes you can't find the photo you wan't or it doesn't look good. Most of the time it just comes to me as I put it together.

I start with one image which I center the poster around. I then add more photos, I re-arrange them, adjust them and remove or add images until a large picture emerges.

It's like putting a puzzle together except you don't know where all the peices go. You just keep moving them around until everthing just flows together.

I'm glad you all like them because I enjoy putting them together.

7. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    A New Hope wallpaper.

[image=http://img136.exs.cx/img136/3058/anh1024x7685gv.jpg]

8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    It's like putting a puzzle together except you don't know where all the peices go. You just keep moving them around until everthing just flows together.

I know what you mean here. When I've put together posters and the like in Photoshop, I find myself doing something similar. I try to plan it out by sketching it first, but I very rarely go with the sketch for the final piece.

And nice job on the wallpaper. Once agin, I like how the binary sunset compliments the piece. :)

9. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I've only sketched out an idea for a poster once before I made it. I was one of my James Bond posters and I wasn't home at the time so I did a quick sketch on a piece of paper.

If I had a scanner I could do some hand drawn art work to show.

10. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Ok I'm back with a new poster. The Phantom Menace.

[image=http://img27.exs.cx/img27/4386/tpmsagafinal7mk.jpg]

Wallpaper

[image=http://img86.exs.cx/img86/8086/tpm1024x7682qd.jpg]

11. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Great job, Gobi! The placement of the characters works very well. I espeically like Sidious(the Phantom Menace) up in the corner looking down on everything. Nice touch. :)

Keep up the great work!

12. THEFORCE16

THEFORCE16 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2004
    Good stuff. I always enjoy your work.

13. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow--beautiful! I tend to look a lot at composition in posters and wallpapers--how the elements "lead the eye around" in the piece--and the TPM pieces are perfect: from Obi-Wan's lightsaber, the viewer is drawn around in a circle to the left and down, taking in everything, and ending with Maul and his weapon, then the title...effortless, and very dramatic! You should definitely do this for a living--if you don't already! :D

14. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    No I don't do this for a living, but I would love too. I'm just a poor fanboy who does this simply because I love doing it.

I've only discovered my talent for this last year when I learned how to use PhotoImpression 4 which came with the computer my parents bought for me and my sister.

I'll be starting college in January and I plan to head into the film/entertainment industry. I would be very happy to make art like this for a living. Getting paid for being creative and artistic is what I really want to do.

Who knows maybe I'll end up working for George Lucas. :D

15. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Here's my last poster for this series. Attack of the Clones.

[image=http://img89.exs.cx/img89/3428/aotcsagafinal5kk.jpg]

I think this last one is the weakest of the 6 I've done so I hope it's still ok with all of you. I'll put up a wallpaper version later.

16. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Its still prety good Gobi, maybe the picture of Anakin should have been bigger?

17. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Here's the wallpaper version.

[image=http://img68.exs.cx/img68/4319/aotc1024x7683dq.jpg]

Here a wallpaper with ALL the posters on it. AOTC doesn't look so bad next to the other ones. :D

[image=http://img61.exs.cx/img61/4597/saga1024x7689rj.jpg]

18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey, it's still good. I like it. :)

I would suggest what odj said, however, and make Anakin a bit larger and not to give as much attention to Jango. Other than that, I think it works fine.

And kudos on the final wallpaper with all the films together. It looks great! :D

19. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I'm going to try and redo this one and make it better, but I'll wait a couple of days to do so. Sometimes it's good to step back and return later with a fresh mind.

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Sometimes it's good to step back and return later with a fresh mind.

I agree with you there. That can do wonders sometimes. ;)

I'll be awaiting the update. :)

21. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Someone is ripping me off again, right here at theforce.net.

I sent in a poster to the Fan Art Museum last year called "The Mask of Evil" it even made the main page. It is on page 10 of the Museum.

My Poster Is On THIS Page.

My Poster
    [image=http://fanart.theforce.net/museum/images/Prequels/Episode_3/Posters/rk-mask_of_evil.jpg]

Someone has taken my name off of my poster and very poorly put their own name on it and made it bigger.

Copycat Poster Is On THIS Page.

Do I e-mail the Fan Art Museum and ask them to remove it or do I contact them another way?

EDIT: Here's the main page article featuring my poster from September 2003.

Click Here.

22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Looks great, Gobi-1! :) Vader standing in the back with that blue aura inside of him really creates a neat effect. You also have a nice central layout that doesn't appear too crowded. ;)

As for that person ripping off your poster - that's a real shame. I just don't understand why someone would do something like that. But if I were you, I would want the fake removed as well. I'm sure the folks running the Fan Art Museum would understand and remove it for you. But before doing this, I would also look for an e-mail address for the person who took the poster from you and explain the situation to them and how it was wrong. Just some thoughts. If anyone would like to expand upon this or has a better plan of action, feel free to add on.

23. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    That was my first big Star Wars poster I made. I've really come along way since then.

24. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I've sent the Fan Art Museum an e-mail explaining the situation as well as the links to the posters and pages so they know I'm telling the truth. I'm glad I have the evidence to back me up.

My parents have been telling me to add my name to every posters I make but I never do because it would be so simple for someone to remove it.

This situation would make for an intresting discussion. Prehasp there should be a thread to talk about the problem of someone stealing your artwork.

25. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Ok the copycat poster has been removed. :)