main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Gobi-1's Fan Art (Update 10/26/15 Video Supercut)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Gobi-1, Jul 27, 2004.

1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Glad to hear that. :)

A thread to discuss this situation would be helpful. Unfortunately for us, this has been happening fairly often around here. The only thing I can suggest at the moment is to include your name, but put it on there in such a way that it would be very difficult for someone else to remove it.

2. MasterSareBabe

MasterSareBabe Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Great stuff! I would love to do these types of edits but I have no idea where to begin! How did you do this?

3. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Here's a James Bond poster I did in the same style as my Saga posters. :D

[image=http://img148.exs.cx/img148/3995/octopussyfinal1vv.jpg]

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Great job as always, Gobi-1! :)

5. ConcordDawn

ConcordDawn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Those posters are all fantastic, Gobi-1. I'm changing my wallpaper image. :)

6. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    This next Bond poster is really different from what I've done before. I'm not sure I like it but I want to get your thoughts on it.

[image=http://img139.exs.cx/img139/2149/dadiifinal2eh.jpg]

7. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I've sent all my Saga posters and wallpapers to the Fan Art Museum. I've asked them if possible to keep the 6 posters all together since I consider it one large body of work.

If they could devote a Fan Art Highlight to the 6 posters and 7 wallpapers I made it would be wonderful.

8. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    Is the fanart Museum up and running again? I thought it was not being manned.

If it is... SWEET! ;)

9. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I rather like the effect of the most recent Bond poster, Gobi-1--very bold and visually arresting. The image of Pierce Brosnan "washes out" on the left side of his face a bit, making it feel a little strange--but I do like the black and white theme you have going, keeping the main characters in bold, and the secondary characters more faded--the red lettering is great, too. Very well done (as are all your pieces! :D ), and I hope you get your request to keep your work together at the Museum! I agree--they do constitute a "body of work!"

And yes, Cheveyo--the Fan Art Museum is updated and running again! Yay!

FF

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I really like the new Bond poster. You're right, it has a different feel from your other work, but it works well. I like how you faded out all of the main figures and staggered their heights. Interesting use of space there. I like it! :D

And yup, it's really good to see the Fan Art Museum up again. :)

11. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
  12. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    You do absolutely fabulous work Gobi-1!! I really mean excellent! :D

Are you strictly using Photoshop? I have it but I'm more familiar w/Paint Shop Pro so I tend to use it more.

Yeah, you're not the first to be ripped off on TFN. I've seen it happen to others. :mad: At least you got the copycat taken down. Hopefully they earned a ban along the way!

Oh, could you tell me where I can find the SW font you use? I have 'other' SW fonts but none of them have the 'S' or the 'W' closed. Can you provide a link or something so I can get the font? :D

13. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Here's where I found the Star Wars font I use.

Famous Fonts

The font is called SF Distant Galaxy. Be sure to take a look at the Readme file that comes with the fonts. It will tell you how to connect the letters together. You may have to tweek the letters to get the proper look, as I did.

The website has a lot of great film and tv releated fonts although some of them are not available.

14. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Thanks! :D

I went to the site but I get an error when I try to download the font. :( I get 'page not found'.

edit: I was able to find the same font on DaFont's website. Thanks! :D

15. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
  16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Nice! :cool:

I really like the concept of putting the images inside the text. I always liked how they did that on the DVD menus and you mirrored it nicely with your work. :)

17. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Are you strictly using Photoshop? I have it but I'm more familiar w/Paint Shop Pro so I tend to use it more.

I use PhotoImpression 4 which came with my computer.

18. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
  19. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I like the lightsaber theme you have going on there. Very nice work as always. :)

20. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    If you would like me to make a costume Star Wars logo wallpaper I would be happy to do so. Just have 4 to 6 photos picked out and provide a link for me and I'll put them into the logo. :D

21. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
  22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Excellent...

Love them both. The Yoda one is especially beautifully done. The green tones and the way you faded the second image of Yoda and the planet in the background was a nice touch.

In the one of Anakin, I like how you incorporated good and evil through color. Also, where did you find that image of Vader? Never seen that one before.

23. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    There's a thread over in the 3SA that has a boat load of RotS Promo pics. HERE's a link. It's at 20 pages right now and some of the links may not work so you may have to go thru every page to find them all.

Here's a new poster using more of the promo photos.

SPOILERS!

Darth Vader Lava Poster

24. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow, this last one is very dramatic, Gobi-1! I love the prominence of Vader's image, and the larger, more ghostly image of Anakin--very powerful (as is the coloring). Beautiful! ;)

FF

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    First of all, thanks for the link! :D Some very nice pictures floating around...

Onto your poster - Holy crap! That is wonderful, Gobi-1! The hue of the entire image fits nicely into the theme of the poster. I also like where you stuck the logo. Overall, wonderful layout and wonderful poster! It really looks like a professional did this. ;)