main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

God Bless Sam Raimi (Spiderman spoilers)

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Gav Daragon, Jun 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Maker

The_Maker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    *activates geek mode*

no no no! chet - no! - nothing beats star wars -

*starts to cry and hugs his jango fett figure*

2. Az-Azzameen

Az-Azzameen Jedi Knight star 5

May 24, 2002
    PP was good, although didn't you think he was the prize sugar plum fairy at the end...!!! :D

3. Beckymonster

Beckymonster Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    Must disagree with you vehemently here Chet!

There was possibly only two or three memorable lines for me from Spiderman
    Such as Peter's 'Nice outfit - did your husband choose it for you?'

Yet hordes from X-Men such as 'What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?!'
    or
    'Oh yes... lighting in a copper conductor. I thought you worked in a school?'
    And those were just straight off the top of my head! :D

I think the crux of the 'indifference' for me was that I had no real connection with the character or the film.
    Never read Spiderman and although I had sympathy with the character and with his story - it wasn't like X-Men which I had read and enjoyed and conversely got caught up in the 'sparring' between Prof X and Magneto, in Logan's search for answers and Rogue's search for acceptance.

Ooo - did anyone catch 'The Hollywood Machine' on Saturday night? Very interesting!

4. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 13, 2000
    aah, you've never read spiderman. that would explain it then. I used to read both spidey and x-men. Spidey film is much truer to the comic and has loads more in jokes and name dropping.

But the main reason i didn't like x-men that much was it was a bit one dimensional compared to the comic, where as spidey had more emotion for me. , Norman Osbourne, Harry Osbourne, MJ and her troublesome life, petey,

Also, the x-men film was too short, a few set pieces and then it was over. They only scratched the surface on the rivalry between wolverine and cyclops, prof x was comatosed. If it wasn't for magneto, I would have thought the whole film was rubbish.

And, Spidey's much cooler than the x-men anyways. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.