Amph [God] Eric Clapton

Discussion in 'Community' started by jp-30, Dec 15, 2006.

1. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Sorry, not in the same league.
  2. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
  3. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Only 3 weeks to go!

That setlist looks incredibly awesome. I really hope there are minimal changes to it.
  4. darthtenbiscuits Force Ghost

star 7
    Eric Clapton is to the electric guitar what Glen Campbell is to... the electric guitar.

And he does not play better than me... or Glen Campbell.
  5. beaujolais2003 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    That's because he mapped out every solo beforehand and played them exactly the same way every time. A great soloist is defined by his/her ability to improvise. That's the key, for me.
  6. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Well, his next show is the one I'm attending (heading off tomorrow on a road trip, his only NZ show is a 6+ hour drive away at an annual Vineyard Concert), and the Dominos heavy set hasn't changed much in the last week or so since the tour resumed.

:D

And I scored a Roger Waters ticket for Monday night (due to get back home Monday afternoon), so I'm all set for a big weekend of nostalgia and classic rock!.

7. MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head

star 6
    Thanks to your Youtube thread, jaypee, I'm beginning to really like him.
  8. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Yay for you Mariah. And after Eric, I'll get you sorted with Crowded House.
  9. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
  10. Crash_Davis Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I would just like to say that it's unfortunate that as close as Eric's coming to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame City (Cleveland, Ohio), is Columbus, Ohio. I'd love to go, but I just won't be able to work it out.

We expect no less than a detailed report of the concert upon your return! ;)
  11. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    That was amazing and awesome. I am fairly sure he played the identical setlist mentioned above, and it was outstanding. The crowd went bonkers at the opening riff of Layla, and the solos from everybody in Cocaine were amazing. Quite simply a brilliant concert.
    http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/MarcusP2/?action=view&current=52a79886.flv
  12. Crash_Davis Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  13. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Oooh - I really do need to write up my report, don't I. [face_blush]
  14. Crash_Davis Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've been patiently waiting. :)
  15. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
  16. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I was hoping to have a bunch of clips to share, but my freind who I was with hasn't got them to me yet - he put his camera lens into my binoculars eye-socket for some really great movies.

I have a few of my own, and a number of photos we both took that I'll make do with. Later today, I promise.

My setlist was almost identical to the one I poster earlier, except Anyday was replaced by Further On Up The Road.

Also the Clapton/Cale CD was the #1 album in NZ last week. Don't think he's topped the charts here since Unplugged (not sure where Riding with the King got to)
  17. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    He replaced Why Does Love...with Anyday and put Further On in Anyday's place in that order at our show.
  18. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    "Anyday" rules-- well, the whole album rules-- and it's a lot better than the overused "Further On Up the Road." Hell, I'd be happy if he took out "Layla" and replaced it with something more obscure, like "Everybody Ought to Make A Change," which he performed early in the tour. :p
  19. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    I was fine with Anyday but I would have liked to hear 'Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad?'. All good though :)

Biggest disappointment? Knowing that I'll never see it again. :(
  20. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Filthy lies. :p
  21. Crash_Davis Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey JP, nice to see you had time to write up a review of the Roger Waters show, but not Clapton's. [face_shame_on_you]

:p
  22. Crash_Davis Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Currently listening to "Tell the Truth" from Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs. I tend to forget just how good this album is. Easily Clapton at his best. :)
  23. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Going to the concert at the (former) Anaheim Pond tomorrow night. [face_dancing] Apparently Derek Trucks is going to leave soon after, which means many of the Dominos tunes will probably be dropped from the setlist.
  24. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    The Dominos songs are remaining, and Clapton's playing more lead to compensate for Derek's absense. :)

Also...

Clapton discusses Crossroads Festival with Rolling Stone (and the imminent reunion with Winwood);

25. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Where's that review, you slacker? o_O