main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC God Exists.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rogue_Ten, Jun 3, 2013.

?

God Exists.

1. yes

40.5%
  2. no

31.7%
  3. nnnnnNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!

17.5%
  4. dunno

27.8%
  5. no curr

4.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    I am not really down with them passing off Secular Humanism as capital "A" Atheism.

2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    more like jocular jewmanism

3. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Yes, He does exist.

4. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    In any case, it seems contrary to the way atheism is usually framed. Building monuments and organizing promotional events would seem to lend credibility to what has previously been derided as a caricature from opponents: that atheism is itself a system of belief. A strange move.

5. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

why cant i like this like, at least three times?

DarthTunick likes this.
  6. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Not that I am crediting these folk with an overabundance of brains, but... go back home where?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  7. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    Apparently back up north.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  8. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Where the jobs and education and higher per capita income exist?

What a land of diabolical terror this "North" must be.

Jedi Merkurian and SuperWatto like this.
  9. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    Wealth and education just get in the way of proud Southern social conformity.

Ender_Sai likes this.
  10. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    the group that funded the monument is based in new jersey. the monument is in florida. there has been talk of carpetbaggers

what im more interested in is that guy with the sign that says florida league of the south -- a southern nationalist (secessionist) group -- is credited as "profulla singh", (meaning he's presumably of punjabi sikh heritage) which sends my train of thought off in, like, so many different interesting directions

is a khalistani-dixie axis rising under our noses?

11. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    oh god click his homepage and read the whole thing if you like things

SuperWatto likes this.
  12. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    Personal Beliefs:

[​IMG] I belief that man is spiritually dead. We are all born sinners and are inherently evil. Thus we justifiably deserve hell. However, due to reasons unknown to man, God has chosen to love us first. Because of the love He has for us, He sent His only begotten Son to die on the cross for our sins. Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of the Living God, paid a debt He did not owe because we owed a debt we could not pay. Hence salvation is a gift of God, not of works, freely given, for those whom He has called.
    [​IMG] I believe in the deity, virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, and the imminent return of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
    [​IMG] I believe in the verbal plenary inspiration of the Holy Scriptures. God has preserved His every Word in the form of the Greek Textus Receptus and the Hebrew Masoretic Text. The Authorized King James Version 1611 is a true and accurate translation of the Greek Textus Receptus and the Hebrew Masoretic Text. Hence the Authorized King James Bible is God's Word, kept intact, for the English speaking man.
    [​IMG] I am pro-choice prior to conception and pro-life afterwards.
    [​IMG] I believe that homosexuality is not an alternate life-style but a perverted life-style and should not be condoned.
    [​IMG] I believe that the United States of America is a voluntary confederation of sovereign States. State sovereignty is co-equal with Federal sovereignty. The modern Federal Government has overstepped its bounds by forcibly acquiring rights that are constitutionally reserved to the States.

13. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    Using the Confederate Battle Flag for bullet points: Always in style.

14. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    Class Requirement:

I am currently enrolled in Instructional Computing . As part of this class I am required to have this section on my home page. I hope you find it useful.

[​IMG] Math resources you might find useful

[​IMG]Other College Math Ed. Programs

15. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    that's thebest part beause he uses the stars and bars for his other bullet points on math

and the whole "i have to put this math stuff on my homepage about my crazy confederate 1997 geocities webpage because im in a class nyah"

intro computing professor trying to grade his shizz reading about the suspension of the constitution by the federal government since 1861 lol

Emperor_Billy_Bob likes this.
  16. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    We have a symbol now?

Eric Hovind, lol. HERE's his daddy who's in jail for all kinds of stuff. It's also a young Earth creationism family. Godonomics, lol.

17. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    It's a symbol of state's rights, and not racism, homophobia, idiocy, and racism.

Condition2SQ likes this.
  18. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    > I'm currently working on my M.Ed. in Math Education

What happens when you get a BS in Math with all Cs.

Lowbacca_1977 and Ramza like this.
  19. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    I don't know what is worse in terms of lack of credibility: serving a ten year jail sentence or having some of your creationist ideas criticized by the Answers in Genesis crowd.

Well as you know there is a large vocal group of people, who happen to be atheists, who object to what they collectively consider to be the undeserved privilege of religion in a secular society. This is really what Dawkins' The God Delusion is all about. So I wouldn't say that groups like the American Atheists lend credibility to the mistaken idea that atheism is of itself a system of beliefs, but rather, they are a political activist movement which have the stated goal of providing a counter-point to the existence of religious symbols on government owned property. For some bizarre and misguided reason, they have adopted a nuclear/atomic looking symbol as their logo, when we all know it should be an invisible pink unicorn with a celestial teapot in orbit. Ignorant fools.

20. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    I'd say the reaction it gets from conservative Christians, who for some reason can't stand anyone else besides them getting any representation, more than justifies that.

Emperor_Billy_Bob likes this.
  21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    pics or it didn't happen

Ender_Sai likes this.
  22. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    I voted in the poll, but there will be no discussion from me. People will believe what they want to believe. Their choice, their fate. Just like my choices influence mine. That is all.

23. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
  24. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

i dunno dude, you made two posts on the same page. i think you kinda want to tell us a little something something

can i ask you... were you, too, born more than once?

Ender_Sai likes this.
  25. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    I don't want to talk about it.

Here's another post.

I still don't want to talk about it.

Nope, don't wanna talk.

I'm not talking.

SuperWatto likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.