main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson God forbid; but it could happen ...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mandalore69, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Mandalore69

Mandalore69 Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2006
    ... With Hollywood running out of ideas and remakes of classic movies out of control. It is concievablly possible that Star Wars - New Hope could be re-made. Not that I think the flannel Jedi would allow that to happen, but. Worse case scenario, how would you like to see it casted:

Star Wars - New Hope (2010)

Nick Stahl Luke Skywalker
    Hugh Jackman Han Solo
    Jessica Biel Princess Leia Organa
    Peter O?Toole Grand Moff Tarkin
    Ian McKellen Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi
    John Cleese C-3PO
    Dalip Singh Chewbacca http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackdown/thegreatkhali/
    Nathan Jones Darth Vader http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Jones_(wrestler)
    James Earl Jones Darth Vader (voice) (Is there anyone better, I think not)
    Brian Cox Uncle Owen
    Donna Murphy Aunt Beru

NOw as far as R2-D2, with all the advancements in robotics, he could actually be a remote controlled robot. Sorry, please keep the stone throwing to a minimum. I am not trying to be blasphemous it was just a thought.

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I am afraid I would start throwing stones if anyone but Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill showed up on screen as Leia and Luke.. it is just not right for me to even think of considering anyone else in these roles.

I would suggest remaking the movies in Computer Generated style with the same people portraying the lead characters.. unless that person has passed on.. in the case of obi wan of course Ewan can replace Alec for the CG. That is my idea on a remake.. make it and make it in CG style .. such as Toy Story or Antz, or A Bug's Life.. any of those ideas work.. or for that matter, the CG style of Final Fantasy Advent Children was great as well!!

3. Mandalore69

Mandalore69 Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2006
    Now there is a great idea ...

Star Wars 4.1 thru 4.9 all CGI in the style of "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within" and "Final Fantasy: Advent Children". Telling all little unknown stories and plot-twist that happen before Empire Strikes Back.

But, have the fight scenes be grand ... like in the style of the cartoon (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361243/).

4. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    indeed, very nice! THAT I would stand in line to see!

5. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    As good as the Clone Wars series is, I'm afraid I'm not a big animation fan. For humor or extravagant action it's fine, but when it comes to anything that is more emotional drama, it's got to be live action.
    I have to agree with Cat on her first note, though, I don't think the original trilogy would ever be as good if it were remade. Mark Hamill is Luke and NO ONE else could possibly fill the role. [face_not_talking] Ever. Same goes for all the other characters, too.