main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph God is *Not* Dead 2: Electric Godaloo

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabbadabbado, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I thought so. In which case,

[​IMG].

Juliet316 and Rogue_Ten like this.
  2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

Literally none of this is remotely relevant to the fact Christianity has over 2 billion practitioners. You're arguing that fresh out of high school kids have opinions that will change at university or college - welcome to life. Of course profs will challenge your beliefs (regardless of what they - political, social, spiritual); that's kind of the point.

And really, no one is after Christianity.

Except the Alpha Centaurians. But don't tell them I told you.

3. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Moviefan, if you don't like atheists "persecuting" Christians, why don't you pray for us to stop?

4. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005

i think that has more to do with their brand of christianity being incompatible with their burgeoning intellectual maturity. if that's actually the case (and i doubt it is), the problem lies with christianity. not with 'college'.

also. are you seriously arguing that christians in america have less influence than other religious groups? CHRISTIANS WHO CAN CLAIM EVERY SINGLE PRESIDENT THIS COUNTRY HAS EVER HAD (at least nominally). ya, christian's have an influence problem in this country. that's the issue.

5. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Christians who get to say "One nation under God" a ridiculous amount of times.

6. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Oh no, students are going to college, having their preconceived notions challenged, and are changing their minds on topics after learning new information. This is literally a genocide against Christians.

7. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    christian's whose holy book is sworn on in every presidential inauguration ceremony.

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I know this has been quoted a lot, but I want you to provide proof of this from legitimate third parties. Otherwise I'm going to assume you are a liar. In all things you state.

9. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    guys i bet we can come up with more examples of christianity having an inordinate amount of influence in this country than moviefan can of christians being persecuted in this country.

10. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    I don't know, PRENN, considering that 'persecuted' has been reduced to 'not getting everything you want all the time.'

11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I'll be honest, Timmo is making me want to covert away from the atheist side. Dial it down a bit to "less annoying and shouty".

12. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    the sad part is that timmos questions are the ones that are gonna get answered by jesusfan2k14 or whatever. there goes constructive conversation.

13. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Admittedly, Moviefan is being histrionic about this, but come on guys. It is entirely legitimate for a religion (or any other organization) to express concern about areas where they lose lots of membership or have weak appeal. Democrats have discussed their difficulty gaining traction in rural areas, for instance. Environmentalists discuss ways they can appeal to youth with their philosophies. None of that is inherently ridiculous.

Ender Sai likes this.
  14. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Wocky, Moviefan is explicitly blaming colleges for "persecuting Christians" because of said lack of appeal. None of the groups in your post have done that.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Colleges do have religious organizations. There were multiple campus ministries at the university where I got my undergrad degree, and they advertised themselves.

If these kids raised as Christians wanted to stay with their faith, they had options.

Juliet316 and PRENNTACULAR like this.
  16. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

SHHH! Don't give the Tea Party any ideas!

17. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Yup:

18. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Eagerly awaiting the third movie where they realize that God is a cancerous life form and thus must be destroyed to save the universe. God's Not Dead 3: Kill Your God.

Rogue_Ten, Hank Hill and Rylo Ken like this.
  19. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    They've flipped the script. Truly revolutionary. This scenario is absolutely plausible and probably happening right now across the country pray 4 the teachers.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  20. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    How eloquently this movie captures the Zeitgeist. The evil of separation of church and state intertwined with the evils of phone-propogated social media. There's something for everyone who hates something about modern American culture.

Yet, somehow, it doesn't seem necessary to announce that God's Not Dead 2 comes "from the creators of God's Not Dead."

21. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    As dumb as it is it's STILL probably better than Phantom Menace...

*grumble grumble prequels suck, people are stupid, etc grumble grumble*

Heero_Yuy and TX-20 like this.
  22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Sitting through faith based films is a personal hell I wouldn't wish on anyone. 90 Minutes in Heaven is so awful that it makes Hayden's work in AOTC and ROTS look Golden Globe worthy. War Room, at least, was unintentionally hilarious all the way through, even though it was 4 hours long.

23. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

I feel there's a fundamental misunderstanding of when to add the "from the creators of" tag to your movie.

24. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    Out of genuine curiosity has there ever been a movie with a religious agenda that didn't suck?

25. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    It looks like they're getting Clarissa to explain it all this time.