main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

God of War (PS2)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The_General_Grievous, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    ok if theres a thread already about this then tell me and i lock this thread myself,this is a thread about god of war. heres the ign review http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/661/661321/vids_1.html

Unlock for more posting.

2. The_General_Grievous

Jan 8, 2005
    it got a 9.8 on ign

3. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    It looks cool from the commerical.

4. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I thought of making a thread on this when I saw a commercial on television.

Then I didn't.

If you tell me what it's about, you don't have to lock it.

5. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    this is a post about god of war

6. The_General_Grievous

Jan 8, 2005
    heres the trailer http://www.ugo.com/channels/games/trailer/player.asp?articleID=13820

7. DARTHWEASEL17

DARTHWEASEL17 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2004
    People are calling the adult version of Zelda. It's really violent and the main chracter in the game has sex with women. I'll probably get the game after its price lowers.

8. The_General_Grievous

Jan 8, 2005
    im gonna get the game

9. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    this is another post about god of war

10. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Cross of Prince of Persia and Mario Cart.Maybe a little Zelda.

I'd hit it.Too bad it is for PS2, I mean , who has one of those?

11. The_General_Grievous

Jan 8, 2005
    newist trailer http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/godofwar/index.html?q=god+of+war

12. SweetCuppinCakes

SweetCuppinCakes Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2004
    I'll definitely give it a rental when it comes out. It does look like a great game.

13. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I may give it a try myself. It doesn't look like too bad of a game.

14. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I just saw the "Making of: God of War" on G4 and it looks pretty cool to me because it's Greek mythology and I love that stuff. Also, the score, the graphics, and the gameplay look sweet. However, I don't fancy action games all that much because that's all there is to it: action. It gets tedious, no matter how many ways you can kill something. I'm a little leery of the storyline...killing Ares? My goodness, why? Myself, I'd like a deep, nicely done Greek RPG. I'd go for that.

15. The_General_Grievous

Jan 8, 2005
    this threaad died

16. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    This game looks sweet. However it doesn't come out for a few more months here, unfortunately.

17. Valkor

Valkor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002

this is an amazing game and I simple can't put it down. Well maybe for a few minutes to write this. I give it 9/10 easily and it's growing on me. The gameplay itself is amazing and it really is fun! I'd definitely put this in my top 10 PS2 games of all time along with:

ico
    prince of persia sands of time
    gta3
    vice city
    san andreas
    ssx3
    gt4
    ffX
    hitman2

18. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm gonna get it for the computer generated threesome.

19. The_General_Grievous

Jan 8, 2005
    but you dont see you hear them doing it.

20. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    :( Aw, **** that.

21. mayhem0420

mayhem0420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2005
    Just picked this game up and it deff. a great game.
    The look of the game is great and the play is also very good. I just started it this weekend and I already got to the 3 way sex part. Dam the girls are naked. Yes naked... you dont see the sex but you do see the bed table moving and you here the moaning. Just seeing naked girls in a game was anough for me to get about 10 minutes of just going "Oh my they have huge ****!" Once I got past that the rest of the game picked up. The fighting is good and the extra moves to kill the bad guys are hot. So far this game is getting an 8 out of 10 from me, although that might go up as I get farther into it.

22. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    I can't believe no one's talking about this game. I guess if it's not KotOR, then it isn't worth talking about. :rolleyes:

So yeah, everything about this game is top notch. The graphics are some of the best that the PS2 has put out, especially if your TV is capable of progressive scan. [face_hypnotized]

The music and sound effects are also incredible, and I haven't found a single hitch in the gameplay departement other than slight camera problems every once in a while. The story is fantastic, and... well, I could go on and on. Everything just clicks in this game.

My favorite part so far (I'm almost at the end) has to be at the beggining. The boss battle against the Hydra is by far the most pulse-pounding encounter I've ever come across in a videogame.

It's really a shame that most people can't seem to look past the bare breasts and see this game for what it really is. In a year that's already seen Resident Evil 4, Jade Empire, Devil May Cry 3 and Gran Turismo 4, God of War is my top pick for game of the year. And that's saying something considering the quality of those other games.

10/10 (and I haven't even seen the ending yet)

23. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    This game was great. I rented it and beat it easily but it was all fun and the visuals were...wow!

24. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Holy Zeus this game is awesome.

Once I got over the shock of seeing naked breasts in a PS2 game in Australia I found an exceptional fighting adventure. I think it's going to be difficult for Warrior Within to be as good as this.

This is the bloodiest platform type game I've ever seen. Heads crushed, limbs ripped off, blood spraying in every direction. Awesome fighting mechanics, fun magic, cool looking enemies and it even has a good storyline.

If you're at all interested in combat-oriented platformers (though there are some puzzles) you should play this game now. If you can take the sexiness and gore.

25. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ...yeah, this was a pretty cool game..

While a tad on the short side (i didn't really notice, but i spread out my game-time), it is absolutely jaw-dropping, at times..

Nothing beats just grabbing an enemy and mashing his head into the ground with the BLADES OF CHAOS...

And this is the first final-boss battle in awhile where you actually felt like you accomplished something..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.