main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena God Slayers (The Tennessee Titans fanclub)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by The Great No One, Oct 27, 2008.

1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    true, but as things are standing now... i don't trust the steelers. they just don't look like a playoff team right now. should the beat the ravens when they face off again, then maybe, but right now i wouldn't be surprised to see them drop two more right now. same thing for the ravens. neither one is very good. jags don't look terribly likely, nor the texans. overall, IF the titans beat the colts they have the most legit chance to me.

but again, they do have to make it past the colts.

regardless, it's a heck of a wildcard race.

2. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    My awesome boyfriend got me a Chris Johnson ladies jersey for my birthday. [face_love] I'm wearing it to the Titans/Dolphins game this Sunday.

3. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Nice :)

Enjoy the game!

4. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Was at the game yesterday, and it was awesome!!! Cold, but awesome. The crowd went wild when Griffin intercepted the ball in OT.

For the most part, the first three quarters, the Titans dominated. Then...our offense fell apart, helped partly by passing on 2nd down (why???) on a couple of drives. Hoping Bullock and Brown are back for Friday's game, we need them.

5. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    [image=http://images.athlonsports.com/d/12795-1/ChrisJohnson.jpg]

Congrats to Chris Johnson for making yesterday the Titans' CJ2K day!

Here's hoping that next year we have our **** together right out of the gate.

6. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
  7. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    so, looking like the titans have a defense again. that's probably a good thing.

and VY has been playing well, which is good. i'm glad he finally let kerry actually help him out. it's made a big difference.

8. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Time to bring this back out!!!

HI all and welcome to the Tennessee Titans fan thread!

Ok CJ yesterday...held during the first two quarters, but man second half! rushed for a total of 142 yards!!! his goal is 2500...do yoiu think he can do it?

And YOUNG, showing poise and staying in the pocket...could this be McNair reincardinated? he was looking PRETTY good.

YEAH TITANS!!!

9. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    you know, despite what happened, young's completion percentage really gives me a lot of hope for him. he's got a 74.1% completions right now, which is miles above what he used to be. guess we'll see if it continues or not.

ugly loss though. bloody stealers.

10. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    jags fan here.

im stoked we get to beat yall on monday night this year.

11. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    hopefully it'll be a good game angus.

titans with a pretty big win today. the giants are in a bit of trouble it seems like.

12. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Fingers crossed for the team we saw last Sunday (even though they weren't really given their props since they played "America's Team"). If the recievers can catch like they did last week, and Vince can chunk them like he did last week, if won't matter if they prepared for Chris Johnson (like the Cowboys did). Maurice Drew-Jones scares me, though.

13. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    looks like the titans are legit this year. well, legit as anyone is this year. crazy season, and i have to wonder if the titans don't FINALLY have a major wideout in kenny britt. be about time if you ask me. hope yesterday was the breakout game for him.

14. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I do, too. Yesterday was really surprising. Our offense has really stepped up it's game this year. I hope we continue. I was really worried after the opening against the Steelers, we had no O-line.

15. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    lot of teams haven't had great o-lines against the steelers this year. i'd have been worried if they'd lost the next couple.

anyway, would definitely be good if they kept the passing game up, because then what do you do when you face them? let the passing game slice you up? or let CJ tear you a new one? that'd be a fine dilemma.

oh, and how about old man collins? i'd say he did a great job definitely. very nice having him as a backup.

16. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Yeah, after watching tonight's game, I appreciate Kerry's ability to come in on 3rd down and not miss a beat (okay, after the interception). We definitely are lucky there, but I'll still be glad when we have Vince back healthy. I hate that after every game we have to go through this fictional "quarterback controversy". Although, I have to say Jeff doesn't hide his preference for Kerry. I wonder if it's Jeff or Vince, but they need to get over it and act like grown ups.

17. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    CJ, pick it up! I need some FF points. Mr. 2000.

18. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i thought they'd gotten ok recently and fisher basically wanted collins around as a very useful backup? i mean, young has been completing a good percentage of his passes (despite all the criticism he's gotten this year, which i don't really understand that much. only really bad game i remember him playing was against the steelers). i mean, i could very easily be wrong, but i thought they'd managed to put the stupidity of a young young behind them?

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i've been MIA...shame on me!

OK HOW ABOUT THOSE TITANS???

5-2?

Did any of you notice how the commentators just kept talking about the Eagles, not on how GOOD the Titans where, but just how badly the Eagles were doing? Bias much?

Also, Britt redeemed himself as he blew it against the Broncos.

i will say I love last Monday, the commentators and such only had WONDERFUL things to say about Jeff Fisher...I heart him!

20. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    oh, that's because didn't you know the eagles are a better team, they just have too many injuries and don't have their starting QB in the game? *rolls eyes*

just some teams don't get talked about, and the titans are one of them.

WB, BTW.

21. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    OK IF you haven't heard.....

The Titans have picked up Randy Moss.

Being a Titan fan since they moved to TN...i have one thing to say. Moss will straighten up or he will be gone, Fisher won't put up with it. Listen to ANY commentator talking about this and they all have ONE thing to say. Jeff Fisher is one of the most respected coaches not only around the league, but with his players. PERIOD.

Pacman Jones, Travis Henry, wouldn't straighten up...and where are they now???

I think if Moss keeps his nose clean that with how Young plays and with having the double-threat of CJ and Vince is really ON fire with his passing game, the Titans could actually GET some REAL respect. GOD FORBID. ;)

22. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    could definitely be interesting, that's for sure. i don't think moss wants to go through his third team this season and be on the outside looking in for the rest of it, so i figure he'll put in some effort... at least to start everything out. guess we'll get to find out. but this could definitely open up some running room for CJ and vince. finally. hopefully it'll be fun to watch instead of a mess.

23. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    If our young passers can learn from him (learn recieving, not how to act), and he makes the rest of the team better, I'm hopeful. Jeff will just sit him down if he starts giving him trouble, and we only have him for the rest of the season. I can't seem him coming back next year. And CJ getting his yards is icing on the cake!

24. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    actually, i don't want them to even learn anything from moss. the way he plays is NOT technically sound football. i watched something on him, a while ago he did things exactly the opposite of what the coaching staff was saying to do and the only reason it worked was because of the physical freak that he is. there is no one else in the league that could have played the way moss did, and if the receivers on the titans try to emulate him in any way it is is a recipe for disaster.

25. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I'm not disagreeing with you... but I'm thinking the "will be gone" bit is more likely. I have a hard time seeing him really straightening up his act.