main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena God Slayers (The Tennessee Titans fanclub)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by The Great No One, Oct 27, 2008.

1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    First half, we didn't play so good. I'm glad they found the momentum after half-time, that's the Titans I know. I was never so glad to see LinDale come back, although we had started turning it around before. Whew. Gotta not do that again. :p

And the "excessive celebration" penalties. WTH...?

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Those officials....:rolleyes:

3. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    it was a ticky tacky kinda game.

:snoopy

4. LordNyax113

LordNyax113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 11, 2007
    What a heartbreaking loss for me. I could hardly stand to watch my Jags fold so bad to a team they could have had.

Congrats Titans fan. That's a heck of a team you cheer for up in Nashville, and really, I wish your team well the rest of the way. :)

5. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    ok four days....facing the Jets...what do you think guys?

6. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Too bad it was being played in NY.
    Would have liked to see the Jets break out the throwback Titans unis. lol

7. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    lol. that would have been definitely amusing, i gotta admit.

i honestly don't think the jets will win this one. but we'll have to see, because thoughts and conjecture don't really mean diddly. that's why they play the game.

definitely looking forward to it.

8. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    The Jets scare me. Especially if Brett is playing well. I'm going to sacrifice a live chicken to the Interception Fairies for the Titans.

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

actually it is IN TN!

i looked up stats last nite...jets have allowed for 19 sacks this year...us 6. i wonder if vandenbosch is back?

and i did look it up again and it is IN Nashville...not sure where you got your info.

also looked this up at NFL.com

Keep your eye on ...
    Tennessee's resiliency: Thanks to the league's top-ranked defense, the Titans haven't had to come from behind much at all this season. But last week -- down 14-3 at halftime -- they showed real character by scoring 21 unanswered points against the Jaguars, proving they won't fold with their backs against the wall.

Collins' efficiency: It's time to start thinking of Collins as an MVP candidate. Tennessee's "game manager" went over 200 yards passing for the second straight game Sunday, using just 13 completions to do so. After posting three touchdown passes in Tennessee's first eight games, Collins has busted out with five over the last two weeks, accounting for all three of Tennessee's touchdowns last week.

Favre under pressure: New York's turnover-prone QB has now gone two games and 57 pass attempts with throwing an interception. He'll be facing a Titans team that feeds off of a plus-10 turnover ratio. Favre will have to be extra careful against the Titans who are tied for second in the league with 15 interceptions and loves to pressure opposing quarterbacks into mistakes.

Did you know?
    The Jets are aiming for their first five-game winning streak since October of 2004. ... Thomas Jones leads the AFC with 854 rushing yards and aims for his third consecutive 100-yard rushing game. Jones has nine TDs in his past six games. ... Titans DE Dave Ball aims for his fourth consecutive game with a sack. ... Center Kevin Mawae spent eight seasons (1998-2005) with the Jets.

10. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I think Vin meant it wasn't being played in NY, then the Jets could play in their old uniforms when they used to be the NY Titans. ;)

Didn't they already play in the vintage uniforms?

11. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh [face_idea]

yeah i am slow sometimes....well i am *crossing fingers* and all that.

I ordered a new Titans Tee and a sterling silver pendent...hope they get here by thanksgiving i will wear for the Lions game. heheh and my Titans socks of course.

12. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    this is not looking good and we just got a stupid pass interference call....stupid stupid. it was on a third down too.

i have a bad feeling about this....:(

13. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    remember the jags game last week, same thing happened. we've proved we can stop them, just have to get the offense on track.

i've got a running commentary on the game if you're interested in reading it.

http://www.playerpress.com/articles/titans-jets-game-log

14. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    just the jets are playing better than the jags...i mean a lot better....yeah i am not going to hold my breathe. just have a bad feeling.....

we are dropping balls a lot more than last week and bo really screwed up a big play. ok he just made a run..

hey are any of you titans fans on IM...i need some support. hehehehe

15. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    actually, not really. the jags were pretty dominant in the first half and scored 2 touchdowns. 10 is a lot easier to come back than 14.

i've noticed the drops, and they're what is really concerning me the most. that needs to stop.

i'm on MSN, but that's about it right now. i have my info in my profile. don't have AIM right now.

DANG nice catch by scaife.

16. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    We need to stop trying to pass the ball so much. It's not getting us anywhere today. If it's not dropped balls, it's the Jets defense being right there. Let's go back to the running game.

I'm not calling this either way, right now. They've held the Jets back and proved that Brett can't just pass the ball down the field everytime, but they've also let them keep the momentum up. Our defense has done their job well, but the offense is scaring me.

Yay, field goal, at least.

I agree that all hope isn't lost, we've come back from higher deficits, especially when the offense gets hot, but I'm wondering if we can do that today.

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i added ya but not seeing you...i am same as on here...nnaydolem

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    CRAP HANESWORTH IS DOWN!!!!!!!!

ok he got up...man i was scared just because they were talking about his neck and stuff...i teared up....i am a big dork.

19. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    sorry, i was hiding. i should be showing up now.

is it @hotmail? or something else? i also added you on yahoo.

glad haynesworth managed to walk off. i think he'll be ok.

20. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    yes at hotmail. :) thanks...i added ya, but still not seeing ya...sad...

NICE tackle! we need to get the ball back ASAP! AND actually SCORE.

21. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    another pass interference call...yeah we are NOT doing well.

22. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i sent you a message. my thing on there isn't really obvious. this is me: And so, my friends, it goes, my friends... right into insanity, my friends

yes, the titans definitely need to do so.

23. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    this is just a bad game...BUT i will tell you those officials better go and hide after this game!

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    so i think that if we have to loose it is good it is now and not during the play offs...sad such a loopsided game. i think if we hadn't had so many dropped ball. *mccarins* we would have done better....

25. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Well, it was only a matter of time. We need to get it out of our systems now and get back for the playoffs. I still say we could finish 13 - 3, and be okay. I think we could very well lose to the Steelers and Colts, also. But the others, we shouldn't. Hopefully. Never say never.

I don't even want to talk about the dropped passes, Kerry's first two overthrows, etc. Oy vey.