main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena God Slayers (The Tennessee Titans fanclub)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by The Great No One, Oct 27, 2008.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    i agree...13-3 is good. i think that this will help us redo some basics....like wide receivers that know how to actually catch a ball.

2. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    I honestly don't think the Titans could have cared less about that game. No big deal, as most top-notch teams lose games because of apathy now and then.

3. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Yeah, they definitely didn't have the fire in them today, at least on the offense. I don't think this is the end of their momentum, but I think it was enough to wake them up a little.

4. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    I will say that despite the big score the Jets put up, I can see why it's considered a great defense. Haynesworth couldn't be more dominating if he was the Incredible Hulk.

5. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Haynesworth is good but he is also one the dirtiest players in the league. That being said, I think they did have an off Sunday and will bounce right back.

6. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    So you really think they'll beat the Lions.
    That's quite a bold prediction gersh. :rolleyes:

:p

7. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    I will actually root for the lions. They can be tuff at home on Turkey day.

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    this made me smile

9. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    not anymore. he's actually tried to not be dirty, and having watched everyone of their games the last two years haven't seen many penalties called on him, or many things that COULD have been called penalties. if you're going by when he stomped on gurodes head and before, he'd changed drastically since then. fisher said that if he didn't he had no place on the team. fisher doesn't tolerate people like that, but he does give second chances. haynesworth took advantage of his, pacman did not.

:snoopy

10. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Yeah, I still haven't fully forgiven him for the cleat incident. That was absolutely one of the most unsportsmanlike and nasty things I've ever seen in football. I remember the game, Fisher literally throwing him off the field (with a few expletives thrown in) and all the stuff after wards. I was surprised he actually got to come back. He seems to have grown up a little. Van Der Bocsh (sp) plays a little dirty, too, sometimes by going for the QB's knees.

11. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    TWO DAYS and we get football again!

That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_dancing]

12. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    C Johnson you better get me 3 tds and 150+ yrds.

13. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I'm ready for some Thanksgiving football!!! I'm glad we're playing the Lions and get to see them on Turkey Day!

14. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    he's well on his way...

15. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Easiest win of the season today, I think?

16. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I walked into my sister's house at about thirty minutes past noon and we turned the game on. The Titans were already up by 14... it didn't get any prettier for the Lions. I celebrate every Titan victory, but man... that was a beat down. It's a shame the Lions had them after the Jets beat us down last week. They were still wincing, and "angry" (I love the way these talking heads spin stuff.. :p).

Now, we just need to forget that it was the Lions, and concentrate on what really counted today. The run game. If only the rest of our opponents over the next few weeks could be as bad at stopping it. :p

17. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    It was 28-3 about a minute into the second quarter, or something like that.

Not really a game worth watching :p

18. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Jeepers did they crush the lions. I agree with roo's assement. Bad time to play Tennessee after a bitter loss last week.

19. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yea... no question about that. their next two opponents are about as bad though.

20. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    wellllll i was whining they didn't break 50...i know that sounds bad. You know when you cheer that the other team scores you are up by way more than that to make a difference.

Their D had a couple of good plays, one knocking the ball from collins hand. i said snidly woudldn't that be funny if they put vince in...ooh and guess what they did. :eek: talk about an insult.

21. Sev-Fett

Sev-Fett Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2005
    Titans Are Super Bowl Material and Gonna Win it.

22. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    see the sig...it says it all. ;)

23. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Well, not yet.

But we've got a better chance now. And we get home field advantage if Pittsburgh loses. But they may not lose. But they looked pretty good today. Just. run. the. ball. :p

24. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    actually, they did clinch the south today. they just had to win, which they did pretty handily.

now it's just a matter of sealing home field, but that's not gonna happen today. the steelers probably just won their game.

over 500 yards on the ground in the last two games. awesome.

25. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    YEP they did get the SOUTH today...not the whole AFC. it is going ot be hard...pittsburg is going to be tough!