main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena God Slayers (The Tennessee Titans fanclub)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by The Great No One, Oct 27, 2008.

1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    To me, it just shows how special LenDale isn't. :p

I like Chris and we certainly missed him and probably would have won with him in the 2nd half, but there were a couple of more times when we should have been able to do something when we were in their territory. But I think definitely think Johnson could have made up for the mistakes. Kerry was having a pretty good day, as were the O line. Even though we could have really used Mawae.

I really wish we would start Kerry next year, or find a good quarterback on the free agent market. I wonder if Albert's going to stay?

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Have you guys heard this about Jim Schwartz? Uhm i hope not!

3. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Crap. I'm really hoping he stays.

4. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    yeah i think he does a great job...and besides who wants to go to Detriot????

5. JediCouncilMember

JediCouncilMember Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2003
    In fairness to taking the job in Detriot, it is really a no lose situation for a new coach since you can't do worse than 0-16. Heck, if you get to 4-5 wins (like a normal bad tam) you'll probably be viewed as the best coach ever, and imagine the praise if you can make them an 8-8 team in 3 years.

6. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    That's true, JCM. I just hope Jim isn't thinking about that. :p

I guess the good news is that we don't have to worry about salary caps for free agents (and we have many important ones) for this off-season.

The comments by Jeff Fisher in this article make it sound like he's willing to start Kerry this year to keep him. I hope that's the case.

7. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    that is good that we dont' have to deal with what we did back in the day. i hope they keep Collins. i mean i like vince and all, but man he just doesn't have the patience or a passing game. i think against teams that stop the run...just MO.

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    So sad...Jim is gone.

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I have this posted at work...Just humor me ok!?

The Titans killed the Steelers, The Steelers beat the Ravens, ergo The Titans are the best team in the NFL. =D=

And I am posting in the Titans thread so don't troll me!

10. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i agree with you nan. especially when looking at the yardage we put on the ravens. losing after that was really insane.

VERY sorry to see jim head off, but i do wish him the best of luck. he's got his hands more than full with that team.

they've got to get albert back. it's that simple, and collins is the answer for now. see him in sort of a kurt warnerish role ATM, and seeing as warner's in the SB no reason collins couldn't lead the titan's there next year. no reason at all.

:snoopy

11. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    we need some freakin' wide receivers that can CATCH the dang football!

12. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    well... terrel owens is a free agent... he would change the complexion of the offense, but he wouldn't be happy here in the least.

*considers* if fitz somehow ends up on the free agent market, he would be a really good fit for the offense i think. he would make everyone else better, that's for sure.

13. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Yeah, we could only get Fitzgerald in our dreams. :p Better chance at getting Warner, I think. :p

And TO? Bite your tongue, Trim! Although, if anyone could handle him, Jeff could. ;)

Agree we need Albert back, as well as Collins and Bironas. Those three for sure. Although, Matt Cassell would be a good pick, too. But NE isn't going to let him go anywhere, I think.

14. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    considering they already franchised cassel, i'd say not.

fisher has already shown he means business letting pacman go. he MIGHT could handle TO. parcells seemed to manage it.

warner ain't going nowhere. same as fitz. if that team's offense gets blown up within three years i'll be a bit shocked.

15. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    T.O. is locker room poison. Let him stay in Dallas and scew over the Cowboys.

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    NONONONOOOO TO!!! HECK no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry he *shudder*

17. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i agree with you DT. but the cowboys dropped him... so he's going SOMEWHERE. i have no clue where though.

and that was a completely sarcastic/facetious suggestion...

18. darthtenbiscuits

Sep 7, 2001
    He still has yet to be cut by the Cowboys. He's still on their official roster, at least.

You scared me for a sec. :p

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    well heck let's pick up pacman jones again! bahahahahahaha

20. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    NASHVILLE, TN, Jan. 21, 2009 ? Kerry Collins became the seventh Titan to make the Pro Bowl when the veteran quarterback was named to replace Brett Favre (arm injury) in the NFL's annual all-star game in Honolulu.

woohooo!!! sorry about farve, but yah for Collins!

21. darthtenbiscuits

Sep 7, 2001
    Yay for Kerry Collins!

Though, I'm not sorry for Favre. :p

He needs to just retire already.

22. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    favre's final retirement seems to be sorta a sealed deal, actually. at least if his reaction after the season was any indication at all.

congrats to collins. i wouldn't have minded seeing favre play one last time though.

23. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Congrats to Kerry. A real class act. With more maturity in his pinkie to than Brett has all over.

24. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Amani Toomer is leaving NY. What would you guys think about someone like him ending up in Tennessee?

25. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Wow. Just read about his comments today. I don't know how founded they are (he's right about the fizzling out, though), but I remember him in last year's SB. Simply put, he's an awesome receiver. Granted, it's never good to air your dirty laundry in public, but the comments were classier than TO's temper tantrums. As a Titan fan, I say bring him on. We've certainly had worst. Looks like he may come cheap, too. :p