main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena God Slayers (The Tennessee Titans fanclub)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by The Great No One, Oct 27, 2008.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    you know what is so sad about that banner...the steelers should NOT be playing in the superbowl...the Titans are the best team in the AFC. I have everyone coming up to me at work and still telling me that. OH YEAH!!!

2. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Meh, we didn't win when it counted, though. Be it due to injuries, luck, timing, offense/defense/etc. Yeah, the only time we played the Steelers we put the hurt on them bad. But to play them again, we had to beat the Ravens (again), which should've happened and didn't.

There's always next year. Oh yes.

3. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    We are keeping Bo!! hurrah! i just sent his mom a note. hehe

NOW PLEASE LET US KEEP HAYNESWORTH!

4. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Doesn't look like its likely Haynesworth is going to resign - he'll probably get more money elsewhere.

5. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    A LOT more money. And I'm not sure he's worth $100MM. He's awesome, but in the end we can get someone else and still have the other three "links" in the chain gang. Sorry to see him go, but surprisingly, my hearts not broken. LOL, the Redskins.

6. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    as i said elsewhere, the titan's proved when he was out that they didn't need haynesworth. they got the same production from the rotating linemen, third and fourth stringers at that, as they did from haynesworth. i don't think he's going to have the same impact on the 'skins. they overpaid, drastically.

:snoopy

7. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I think it's telling as far as Vince Young goes that we were in a bigger hurry to sign Kerry and the third string QB. I think Jeff just doesn't trust him as much anymore.

And I agree that the Redskins drastically overpaid for Albert.

8. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i wouldn't trust vince. he's not a starting QB in the NFL. never will be, i don't think. hell, i wouldn't even trust him as a backup. he MIGHT end up like collins, pulling it together when he gets older. i just don't see it though. i think jamarcus russell's got a better chance (always did, actually). when i saw him in college, vince simply did not impress me. the things he was doing i knew whouldn't be available in the NFL because he wasn't ANYWHERE near as fast as vick. and even vick wasn't unstoppable.

on another note, toomer... could be decent. but he's gotten a bit old. there is a reason the giant's don't want him anymore, and they're about as desperate as the titan's for recievers what with the loss of plax. i wouldn't touch toomer. i'd draft some people, and see who else there is in FA.

9. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Yeah, I'm on the fence about Toomer. But all signs point to being a bit of a prima donna, who won't give his all unless things are going his way.

But damn, we could do with a superstar receiver. :(

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Not a super star, but Tennessee did pick up Nate Washington. He's got good hands, can get open deep, and can jump. I'm a little bummed to see him leave Pittsburgh, but not at the price he got, to be the third (at best) WR in Pittsburgh.

Not the #1 option the Titans need, but certainly, he'll improve the passing game there.

11. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I think Nate will fit in fine here in TN, as the two teams are comparable. I'm glad to hear that he's fast, and will complement Chris Johnson. And playing behind Hines and Santonio and still getting the stats he has is impressive.

Jovan Haye is a new name to me, not sure how I feel about him. Especially since he was injured a lot of last year, with the same injuries that have plagued our D line. I'm guessing he's Albert's replacement.

We re-signed Hentrich as punter and Fuller as nickleback, too. With Scaife and Bironas both staying, I'm breathing a little better than I was before. :p

12. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    they do normally do a pretty good job with resigning and so forth.

washington was a pretty decent pickup i suppose. we'll just have to see what happens.

13. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Tennessee just drafted TE Jared Cook from South Carolina... good receiving TE, but not the best blocking TE by any means. Still, he should do well catching the ball.

14. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I guess I'm okay with the draft picks. We got a wide receiver, and a DT, which was our first needs. I would have been happy with a back up QB, too, though. Guess I still just don't trust Vince.

Looking forward to seeing what Brit can do, along with Nate Washington.

15. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Here's what we got from those undrafted:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Tennessee Titans announced that they have agreed to terms with the following undrafted free-agents:

RB Rodney Ferguson - New Mexico
    WR Dudley Guice - Northwestern State
    CB Jeremy Haynes - McNeese State
    DT Mitch King - Iowa
    WR Phillip Morris - South Carolina State
    QB Alex Mortensen - Arkansas
    G Ryan Schmidt - South Florida
    P A.J. Trapasso - Ohio State

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I just wanted to show you my COOL Titans colors. :)

17. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i somehow mised all that stuff.

i think the titans did ok covering their weaknesses. only thing that will truly tell is time. and i still think the redskins made a HUGE mistake paying albert that much money. he was not worth it. not even close.

congrats mel, they look awesome.

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    OK sooo...hello fellow Titans fans!

I got a new car...and I am getting new plates.

TITANSFN

hehehehehhehe hey i am in Colorado...what can i say, i can't get the cool titans ones. :(

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    OK here we are...first preseason game check.

WON, check. ready for next week...check!

20. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    got a jersey recently. a chris johnson one. looking forward to the season. it's definitely time for some football.

21. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    So, Titans fans, our guys looked pretty good last night, didn't they? I was impressed at how they played even though we lost. Yeah, we needed some better pass defense at the end and we didn't run the clock out like we should've but I'd say they brought it to Pittsburgh last night. The talk the week before sounded like they would get their asses handed to them just because they were playing the Steelers at home, and I believed them... until I saw the first half. Passing game looks better than last year and I think if we keep key players uninjured and keep the running game good, we'll be in the playoffs. *Fingers crossed*

I'm excited. We're going to see them play the Colts October 11 in Nashville. :D As a fan of both, I can't lose!

Although I must say... GO TITANS!

(Addendum to my gush up there: WT* happened to Bironas?)

22. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    wasn't so much what happened to bironas, it was a bad snap on the first one... VERY bad snap, and everyone gets blocked at times. just kinda one of those things.

and yea, i'd say they looked good. they pretty obviously are missing jim schwartz calling the D however. that's gonna get them some this season i think...

otherwise, yea they looked good. their offense does look a lot better, but gage is still gage... having dropsies. i really wish he wasn't one of their top two wideouts.

23. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Gage IS gage...

but i was very happy how good we looked!!!! I honestly was worried. I know that sounds bad...but i like to error on the side of caution and then be pleasantly surprised. :) hehehe

but ya know Britt was ok, he needs to cut quicker to get away from the defender, but he was looking pretty good.

It was nice that they answered the Steeler's TD with only 1:22 secs on the clock. SWEET!!

The one throw when collins thread the needle with the three steelers defenders...man it was a great game period.

Though i do think that in OT that the holding pittsburgh was doing was a bit much and not being called for it...and i was yelling heads at the toss, but what can ya do?

24. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    I am driving the C Johnson train again this year in my fantasy team. Tuff first game, but I hope he produces more.

25. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    given that it was the steelers, i fully expect more from him the rest of the season. i didn't even start him this week because of it being the steelers.