main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Goddess's Album -finish version 4/18

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by goddess45, Dec 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    Ok. I found a new way to get my pictures up because scanning isn't working (because I have to convert the images to jpg etc) I use my carmera and load them like that. So hopefully this keeps working...

Anyways. Here is my newest picture. It's a Jedi, EU I havn't decided her mane yet though and she's not yet finished. Enjoy! :)

[image=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c351/goddess45/P1010020.jpg]

2. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    That looks very nice to me, a beautiful drawing. Love her mouth and her eyes, they are drawn very good and she has a cool pose. Can't wait till you've finished it.

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    :oops:

I never got around to leaving a reply on the Hoth piece--which is simply awesome, btw! The perspective in it is just great, and the depth between the foreground and the far distance is just like a movie still--beautiful job! Your newest Jedi is a great start--I'll agree with Chilla that the pose and the face are looking wonderful--a little more shading and this one will really pop! Very nice work!

FF

4. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    Thank you FF and Chilla. I hope you guys like the final product!

Her name is Alea

[image=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c351/goddess45/P1010034.jpg]

and here's the final picture. It's alittle dark I know but it's the best I can get it. I've been fiddling with it for about an hour. If I have more patience later., I will try to get it better.

5. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Very neat drawing.

6. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    Here's a light version and alittle clearer too.

Alea-
    [image=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c351/goddess45/Alea.jpg]

7. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    She's beautiful! =D= You did a great job!

8. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
  9. Excalibur14

Excalibur14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2006
    Beautiful work Goddess! My favorite aspect of her is her eyes. I have a thing for eyes. Simply beautiful!

Excalibur14

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    This is a wonderful portrait, goddess45--plenty of energy and action, and she's very beautiful, too! I agree with Excalibur14 that the eyes are just riveting: very intense and drawn with such depth--lovely! I love the feel to this--like we're seeing her in mid-pivot, her blade ready to strike. A geat piece!

FF

11. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    FelsGoddess - Very neat drawing
    thank you!

Chilla - She's beautiful! You did a great job!
    Thanks! I think she's my favorite!

Courtney_Solo - =D=
    thanks!:)

Excalibur14 - Beautiful work Goddess! My favorite aspect of her is her eyes. I have a thing for eyes. Simply beautiful!
    Her eyes took me forever! I'm really glad people like them! Thank you! :)

FalconFan - This is a wonderful portrait, goddess45--plenty of energy and action, and she's very beautiful, too! I agree with Excalibur14 that the eyes are just riveting: very intense and drawn with such depth--lovely! I love the feel to this--like we're seeing her in mid-pivot, her blade ready to strike. A great piece!
    Thank you so much! I thought she did pretty well. My original intention was not to make her so look intense but luckily she does look that way. I don't think I could have pulled it off but her eyes i think pull that look together fairly well.

So here my next picture... I've had a lot of time as of late. This is based on BigFatty's story: The Family Album

His name is Nik Fel.

[image=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c351/goddess45/P1010047.jpg]

12. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Awesomely cool!! Nawra's little bro! It tickles me no end that you've undertaken some work for Sara (BigFatty) so she can continue with her wonderful story! Brava!! =D= I know that she (and all her loyal readers! :D ) will be very happy!

This is a wonderful interpretation of Jag and Jaina's son: the face definitely favors his father, but that grin harkens back to Grandpa Solo, I think! ;) He seems to be wearing a uniform of some sort--did I miss that part in the story...? In any case, this looks great--I love that smile (and I'm guilty of rarely putting smiles on anyone I draw... **scratches head** ), and the shading looks very smooth. Well done (and can't wait to see the story installment for this! :D ...says another loyal reader, lol!)!!

FF

13. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    Thanks FF! I added the uniform by myself. I didn't really put any markings and such so Sara would have the freedom to do what she liked with it. (I don't know if shes using it yet. OJN has one drawn also I think.) I drew nik originally as a normal person ... who would later be nik when details added. I don't like to draw too many smiles (Only a quirk of the mouth sometimes) and I'm horrible at drawing smiles so when it turned out lopsided, it was a good thing. :) There was some Solo influence there too! Thanks again!

14. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    new picture. Also bases on BF's story (link above).

[image=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c351/goddess45/untitled.jpg]
    ^
    this is the revised image

15. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, lovely! And "shading problems...?"
    peers at monitor intently for a while, scratching chin
    I don't see any "shading problems," goddess...this actually looks just great! And who is this handsome fellow with the quirky grin (loving that, btw!)? Is this Jag, or perhaps Airen...? The hair looks wonderful, and you did a great job with the spikes--an exceedingly hard type of styling to draw well. The eyes are also "smiling," which really ties the entire face together--and he makes me smile, too!--another very nice portrait! Great stuff you're churning out these days, my dear! And Sara has to be positively giddy that so many capable artists are coming to her aide for "The Family Album!" Again--Brava! =D=

FF

16. Daenna

Daenna Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2006
    Hey goddess! I spotted you on Chilla's thread... and wow, those drawings you do are way cool:)

It looks like you put the accent on shading which gives them some sort of ephemeral feeling, they could be an excellent start for a painting type of illustration (thinking about Jaina, and the Battle of Hoth).

On another hand, your portraits are great! There's real attitude and character in those pictures, not just a simple depiction of a face... I especially like your latest one: I thought omg... a young Ewan? :p

17. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    Daenna - It looks like you put the accent on shading which gives them some sort of ephemeral feeling, they could be an excellent start for a painting type of illustration (thinking about Jaina, and the Battle of Hoth).

I would paint them but I'm not too good with painting! I don't have photoshop so i can't add some color or anything. :p

On another hand, your portraits are great! There's real attitude and character in those pictures, not just a simple depiction of a face... I especially like your latest one: I thought omg... a young Ewan?

Thanks!! I recently got a book of drawing portraits and I've been trying my hand at them. So far I'm pretty happy. 

FalconFan - Oh, lovely! And "shading problems...?" peers at monitor intently for a while, scratching chin I don't see any "shading problems," goddess...this actually looks just great!

THank you FF. At the time I wasn't too happy. Looking at it later it's not too bad. I think it was alittle blurry and thats what was bothering me.

And who is this handsome fellow with the quirky grin (loving that, btw!)? Is this Jag, or perhaps Airen...? The hair looks wonderful, and you did a great job with the spikes--an exceedingly hard type of styling to draw well. The eyes are also "smiling," which really ties the entire face together--and he makes me smile, too!--another very nice portrait! Great stuff you're churning out these days, my dear!

I don't know ho shes using it for. The hair was most annoying but it took the least amount of time and I'm pretty pleased with it! Smiling eyes! I think thats what I love most about this picture. He makes me smile too!! Thanks you! Hopefully another picture in the next two days!!

18. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    That last portrait you did is excellent, I think it's the best of all your pictures. What I really like about it is the way you show a lot of personality coming through the face, something I find very difficult.

What strength pencil are you using? Your drawings are a little faint on the monitor I'm using at the moment; if you are using an HB lead, I would change to something like a B or 2B as it gives you a darker line. You might find that more fun.

19. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    soitscometothis- That last portrait you did is excellent, I think it's the best of all your pictures. What I really like about it is the way you show a lot of personality coming through the face, something I find very difficult.

thanks! I like to make my drawings have personality. I think it makes them come alive!

What strength pencil are you using? Your drawings are a little faint on the monitor I'm using at the moment; if you are using an HB lead, I would change to something like a B or 2B as it gives you a darker line. You might find that more fun.

Oh my gosh I use to many. 2H or sometimes HB depending on the paperfor the sketch but I never use them for shading I like an F pencil for pre-shading and later shading too sometims. Fine details are done in a soft lead mechanical pencil (I'm not sure the lead tho) but most is done in a very soft leaded pencil. The hair for example is done in 5B. Skin tones are done in something like 2B sometimes just B. It's not just you either... It's faint on my computer. My scanner is a peice of crap and so when I scan things into my comp then don't come out very well. I have tried fiddling around on my digital photo program which helps alittle. For a while I did digital pictures of the drawing and then loaded them that way. That's why Alea is darker and more defined. I had to stop doing that though because I was going through anywhere from 10-16 baterries a day.

20. Todan

Todan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    Goddess i have just been looking and your drawings you are very good at doing faces my favorite is the hoth battel

Keep it up goddess

Todan [face_dancing] =D= [:D]

21. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Well, then...good I also have an art thread! :D

=D= Love this drawing, too! He looks so cute! [face_love]
    My little brother came in and immediately asked: "Who has done that?" I just pointed at your icon... [face_blush]

Keep up the good work! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.