main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Gods of Dark and Light--2007 SUMMER FANFIC NOMINEE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Marrs, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Canon!Daniel is not an EmoBoy like Canon!Anakin - ergo - Daniel pwns Anakin :p

Lovely wedding! Nice place to end it!

Interesting preview for the sequel... tell me, is this going to be a SG/SW xover too?

2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh, no! It's over! :_| I will miss this story! I'm glad I clicked on it, and I very much enjoyed it!

Excellent ending!

With that last spectacular explosion, the Ori were once and for all expunged from the Galaxy.

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] Hooray!! That one line says so much.

Loved that Luke got to see both of his parents, and:

You are my hero, Luke.

Mine, too! ;)

Excellent story; I will miss it! =D=

3. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Very much so. It's actually going to be the exact opposite of GOD&L--the Jedi end up coming to the SG verse. But they run into a lot of other folks from other stories that I integrated in. I think I made things fit pretty well. The fun part will be trying to figure out who's who. With very few exceptions, almost every character is a canon character from another franchise.

4. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    A very great end cap to this story!! Very great!

And please PM me when you start posting the sequel :)

5. cibbler

cibbler Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2006
    After seeing the link for this one I thought I'd take a brief peek at this one only to keep on reading and reading. It was good reading to say the least. The Ori were interesting badguys for the force users, and I liked how the relationship with Vader and his children developed.
    I'll be looking forward to the sequel.

6. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Great ending to GoDL, D_M! You can't beat a wedding, and a reunion with ghost parents, to make a happy ending.

And I highly recommend the sequel to everyone. To me, the storyline is on a par with actual episodes of X-Files or Star Trek. I'm not having any trouble keeping up, and I'm not even familiar with a couple of the series brought in.

Thanks for letting me have the opportunity to preview your works, and for putting up with all my little nitpicky suggestions. ;)

7. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Awesome ending. So you are going to the SG universe in the sequal? That should be very interesting

Let me know when the sequal starts

Kyle Katarn LIVES

8. excellion_razor

excellion_razor Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2006
    Great ending to an excellent little epic. Yes please PM me with updates to your new story.

9. dajohu

dajohu Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 16, 2006
    Loved the conclusion to your wonderful story! =D=
    Also, I think the sequel has alot of promise and please add me to your new pm list.

Thanks!
    -dajohu

10. PunkMaister

PunkMaister Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2006
    He did state it was a sequeld and therefore an Xover naturally...

Anyway thx for great and wonderfully well written story.
    The ending was absolutely lovely.=D=

The start of the sequel looks mighty good hope to see the sequel soon!

Tomorrow the 6th of january is Ephiphany in Puerto Rico and many latin countries as well so Happy ephiphany!:D

11. darth_dragon666

darth_dragon666 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2006
    ah, it was cool. Except it seemed too short
    thought the wedding is very mushy
    ha i want the sequel
    scratch that, i want SG-1 or Atlantis to come in
    big sci-fi thing

12. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    There's something quite satisfying about finishing a longer story like this, especially when you've done such a wonderful job. You should be quite proud of this! :)

?It is a moment of joy, is it not, my son??

Luke turned to see his father next to him. There was no blue halo of a Force ghost, nor hint of any otherworldly powers at play. Rather, he saw a young Anakin Skywalker, his hair hanging in curls down to his neck and his face unblemished by scars or dark emotion.

?It is indeed, Father,? Luke said without surprise. ?I don?t know if I have ever told you how much I loved you. How much it meant to me when you reached out to me when I offered.?

?And I can never tell you enough how proud I am, and how very much I loved and cherished you for making that effort to reach me. You are my hero, Luke. And I will always love you.?

?And I will love you as well, my son,? a woman?s voice said from the other side of the corner. He turned and saw a slim figure of profound beauty, with hair like Leia?s, but larger eyes and a more slender neck. She looked as if the purest aspects of Leia?s beauty had been distilled and perfected into a singular vision of womanhood.

?Mother,? he whispered, his still weak voice breaking now as tears welled in his eyes.

She leaned over and wrapped him in a hug as real and substantial as if it were his sister. ?We will always be with you, our son. Just as the Force will be. Be strong. Be wise. Be the husband and father we know you can be. And in the passing of many years, when your time has come and the Force calls, we will be waiting.?

:_| and [face_dancing]

Please keep me on the PM list for the sequel. ;)

One last =D=

13. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Brilliant story - found it last evening and couldn't stop reading! I enjoyed the charaterization so much - one of the best redeemed Vader/Anakin I've seen. Congratulation!

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

14. Arkeus

Arkeus Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2006
    Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.
    Now i'll have to read the legacy bit on wookipedia Y_y

Please add me to your pm list for the sequel, i really like where this is going, though it is heartwrenching to see the good work of our good old heros come undone. I hope the Bad Guy isn't Jacen :/

15. PunkMaister

PunkMaister Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2006
    Unlikely that it would be Jacen as it takes place 150 years or more after the current story. Kile id alive by some other yet unexplained means (Maybe he came accross a Goa'uld sarcophagus LAWL)

Anyway I got a lot of questions when it comes to the sequel especially in regards to trek verse characters and how they fit into the SGverse. In ST they use warp drive in SG hyperdrive and given that by the ST timeline in the SGverse Earth ships if anything would probably be as fast as those of the Asgard and might be able to build city ships of their own. My point is how does one marry the 2 given those important differences. Unless in this alternate story only some key ST characters such as Guinan while Klingons, Vulcans etc do not!

Oh abd by all means PM me when the first chapter of the sequel is finally officially out!

16. LordInferno

LordInferno Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2004
    Nice. And I like the preview to the next story.

17. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

thats my story llf trust me ill love every word of it pm me please.

18. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006
    SHADOW_MASTER-W?Thanks. As for the sequel?biologically Kyle is in his mid-fities. In real time he?s around 150. As for how he fools time?read Orson Scott Card?s Ender?s Game. He travels around the galaxy at near light speed, causing a time distortion. He does it intentionally as well.

RebelMom?I did promise a happy ending.

Ginchy?Yes, sadly, it?s over. I?m glad you came along for the ride.

Kidan?Thank you. I?ll be glad to add you to the PM list for the sequel. I might be able to get the first chapter posted as early as this week.

Cibbler?Thanks, I?m glad you came on. It sounds like you want on the PM list, so I?m adding you, but please feel free to correct me if this isn?t your wish!

Jedi-2B?Have I mentioned what a great Beta reader I have lately? You?ve been a great help and I think it shows in every chapter you read through. Thank you very much.

Talon_Kenobi?To the SG verse we go! I?ll be glad to add you to the PM list.

Excellion_razor?thank you, and will do.

Dajoju?thank you, and will do.

PunkMaister?thank you. I?ll add you to the list. Please let me know if you want off.

Darth_dragon666?ah, but the mush makes the meat taste better!

VaderLVR64?Whenever I finish a big fic, I get depressed for about three days, then start another one and everything is okay again. I?ll be glad to keep you on the PM list!

LadyZ?thank you very much. I appreciate it!

Arkeus?I?ll be glad to add you to the PM list. I would have never known about the Legacy part, except they had a picture of a really wicked looking red Twi?lek who was one of the Sith badies. It drew me in.

PunkMaister(2)?Actually, there?s been some speculation in the canon about whether it could be Jacen or not. Evidently the main baddie, Darth Krayt, dates from the early NJO era himself and has kept himself alive through stasis chambes and Sith alchemy. That doesn?t me he?ll be Jacen in mine, but there?s been some thought on it.

LordInferno?thank you.

Sdhfs?I?ll get you on the list!

So, here is who I have on the PM list for the first post of the sequel (still haven?t decided on a name yet.)

SHADOW_MASTER_W
    Kidan
    Cobbler
    Jedi-2B
    Talon_Kenobi
    Excellion_razor
    Dajohu
    PunkMaister
    VaderLVR64
    Arkeus
    LordInferno
    SDHFS

If I added you on the list in error, or you would like to be added to the list, please let me know! Otherwise keep a lookout. It?ll be posted to Beyond the Saga, of course.

Thank you all again for reading, and don't forget to check out my other crossover,
    Legacy of the Red Sun on the Saga Board!

Cheers--Darth marrs

19. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    =D= =D= =D=

***standing ovation***

Congratulations on finishing your first fanfic! It was a wild and delightful ride and I look forward to reading more of your stories. :D

?You are my hero, Luke. And I will always love you.?

Beautiful and perfect ending! @};-

20. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Finally, I read through the whole story. And I loved it. I'm only just beginning to get into the Ori storyline on SG-1 (I put off watching season 9+ because I felt it missed Richard Dean Anderson, but I eventually got round to it) and you pulled off their characterisation brilliantly, conveying a true, genuine threat :D

Will definitely take a look at your other stories! =D=

21. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006

Thank you for the kind words. This was a lot of fun to write, and I really appreciated the support it generated.

I missed Jack as well, but if anyone could replace him, it was Ben Browder. I loved him on Farscape, and SG-1 really made the most of him (the 200th episode even had a lampoon of him and Claudia Black in a Farscape-like show!)

I'm very glad you liked this one and hope you enjoy the others!

22. hpssslashfan

hpssslashfan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2007
    EDIT: HEY! I have just been told how to consolidate all of my chapter review posts! whooo hoooo! So I'm going to go ahead and try to cluster at least 3-4 chapters at a time especially since i have a bout a dozen posts for the last couple of days! 42 chapters to the story that I'm going to be reading and reviewing? Whooo boy I'm going to be at this for a really long time maybe at least a week or two so be patient with me.

Review of Chapters: Prologue, One, Two, Three, Four and Five

[hr][hr]

[color=teal][b][u]Prologue: The Seeds of Forever (80,000 years BBY)[/u][/b][/color]

You did a great job setting the premise for this story line, I totally buy into the timeline. :)

[hr][hr][hr]

[color=teal][b][u]Chapter One: From the Jundland Wastes (80,000 years later)[/u][/b][/color]

Oh! You kick ass on the first chapter! Very well started.

[hr][hr][hr]

[color=teal][b][u]Chapter Two: A Disturbance in the Force[/u][/b][/color]

NOooooooooo!!! The ewoks!!!! Our cuddly little Chewy wannabe's are gooooonnnne from existence! [face_cry]
    BOOoooooo HOOoooooooo. [face_sad]

I'm glad a Jedi was able to take out even one of them! Good stuff [face_cool]

[hr][hr][hr]

[color=teal][b][u]Chapter Three: The Prior - Date [/u] [/b] [/color]

[quote=Darth_Marrs] [i] [color=teal]?There is darkness within you, Mara Jade,? Vader said, ?but you will never be Sith. You care too much.? [/color] [/i] [/quote]Alright, Vader put that nice girl Mara in her place <-- sarcasm I hope its recognizable! :p

OK! [face_shhh] So now we know that both Luke and Vader can take out a Prior one-on-one.

[hr][hr][hr]

[color=teal][u][b]Chapter Four: Family[/b][/u][/color]

[quote=RedGold][color=teal]Leia knows and Palpy is dead... I call this one a win.[/color] ;)[/quote][b]I second the motion![/b][face_mischief]

[hr][hr][hr]

[color=teal][u][b]Chapter Five: Apprentices[/b][/u][/color]

OH....I really liked Mon Mothma's take on having two Jedi around. :)

[hr][hr][hr]

[color=silver][i]
    ~~~~~~This Story Only Signature Which Changes On Whim ~~~~~~~~~~
    [b]KILL THE PRIORS [/b] [face_devil]
    [b]KILL THE ORII [/b] [face_angry]
    [b]KILL KILL KILL [/b] [face_skull]
    [b]AND HAPPY FAMILY MOMENTS FOR THE SKYWALKERS [/b][/i][/color] [face_dancing]

23. hpssslashfan

Feb 3, 2007
    EDIT: Wow, my previous edited post seemed really long and it's only for 5 Chapter/posts I hope everything makes sense.

Review of Chapters: Six and Seven

[hr][hr]

[color=teal][u][b] Chapter Six: The Path of Origin [/b][/u][/color]

I like that The Grand Moff's that never seemed to really respect Vader as anything more than a extension of the Emperor, got themselves in trouble.

[quote=Darth_Marrs][i][color=teal] A circle of light lashed out from the crystal of the staff, impacting Vader directly in the chest. He raised his hands reflexively and pulled the force into himself. He felt the light push at him, raging to get inside, but the sense of peace he felt remained, and eventually the Prior?s light passed by and through him, and he remained unaffected.

?How?? the Prior said, clearly stunned that Vader was not vanquished.

?The Force is my ally,? Vader said, before impaling the Prior between the eyes with his lightsaber. [/color][/i][/quote]
    VADER is kicking ass and taking names. It's good that he keeps questioning the Prior's that he runs into before he kills them.

[quote=Darth_Marrs][i][color=teal] Piett cleared his throat, nervous to be hearing an admission of doubt from the most powerful figure in the empire. ?Lord Vader, I owe my command, and in fact my whole career, to you. I would gladly give my life for our empire, upon your order. I beg your forgiveness for saying this, but are there really no more Jedi to fight them?? [/color][/i][/quote]
    I like the fact that he dared to question Vader, but respectfully.

[hr][hr][hr]

[color=teal][u][b] Chapter Seven: The Proposal [/b][/u][/color]

[quote=Darth_Marrs]
    [color=teal][i]?Because I am a Jedi. The Force recoils from these Priors,? he told the council, which consisted of Ackbar, Leia, Mothma, General Rieekan and General Crix Madine. ?Everyone here knows that the Emperor was evil, but in the end he was still human. He displayed human qualities of greed and hatred and manipulating those qualities could manipulate the man. These Orii are not human; their servants have had the humanity burned out of them. There is no reasoning with the Orii, no appeal to common goals or enemies. When they say all who do not worship must be destroyed, they mean that literally. I have sensed billions of sentient beings dying at the hands of the Priors. Many of the worlds Vader has destroyed were already dead from the Priors, or vastly depopulated. These Priors are evil in a way beyond that of the emperor, and I fear the Priors have only shown us the merest tip of their power. They are the complete absence of light. Right now, they are the greatest enemy we and this whole galaxy face, not the shattered remnants of the Empire. The fact the empire has not attacked us recently despite our more open showing suggests Lord Vader feels the same way.?[/i][/color]
    [i][color=teal]In the back of his mind, he felt a presence he had not felt since Endor. ?I have not come to fight you, my son,? the voice whispered through the Force. [/color][/i]
    [i][color=teal]Vader stopped at the edge of a line delineating the ray and particle shield lines that would protect the Alliance leadership in the event of treachery. However, he stopped not in front of Mon Mothma, but Luke. ?Jedi Skywalker. I regret we were unable to meet at Endor. It would have proven and interesting conversation.? Madine cleared his throat, trying to cover his surprise.

?As am I,? Luke answered, pointedly ignoring the general.[/color][/i]
    [i][color=teal]Vader noticed the cylinder hanging from Luke?s belt. ?You have completed a new lightsaber.?

?Yes,? Luke said.

?Your skills are complete. You truly are a Jedi.?

?Like my father before me,? Luke said simply. [/color][/i]
    [i][color=teal]?Your blade, Apprentice Jade??

With a last look at her new master, Mara unclipped weapon and handed it to Luke. ?I?ll want that back.?

24. hpssslashfan

Feb 3, 2007
    EDIT: Still consolidating and updating "old" reviews.

Review of Chapters: Eight, Nine, and Ten

Chapter Eight: Darth Vader?s Dream

OOHHHHH Leia's "did it work?" was awesome in it's perfect timing and just the right amount of snark! She stopped Vader COLD! ;)

[hr][hr]

[color=teal][u][b] Chapter Nine: Adjustments [/b][/u][/color]

Everyone seems to be behaving very rationally, NO jealousy or out bursts. Hmmmm
    I like the explanation of the Prophecy being about the Jedi themselves needing to be balanced.

[hr][hr][hr]

[color=teal][u][b] Chapter Ten: The Lost Jedi[/b][/u][/color]

[quote=Darth_Marrs][i][color=teal] She wiped her tears with her hand and stood to clip her saber to her belt. Looking at Vader, she said: ?A son. So the rumors were true. You did marry the senator.?

?Yes.?

?Was it worth it??

?The answer is standing before you.?

She looked Luke up and down, and then casually reached out and pulled gently at his hair. ?I met your mother once. You look a lot like her, except for your eyes.? She reached up and tousled his hair. ?And your hair.?

And with that, Tallisibeth Enwandung-Esterhazy, Knight of the Old Republic, walked out of the crystal cave and into the blizzard beyond.
    ?I?m still getting used to this,? Kyle whispered to Leia, ?but why is Darth Vader talking about Luke like they?re best friends??

?It must be a father-son thing,? Leia whispered back conspiratorially. ?I?m proud of him too, but then he?s my brother, so what can you expect??

Kyle straightened and stared at her, then at Vader. Finally on Mara. ?I asked; and no, I?m not related,? she said. [/color][/i][/quote]

I love both of these scenes. They are very emotion laden or potentially emotional but not overly sappy or cliche. :) You do a great job building tension.

[hr][hr][hr]
    [color=silver][i]
    [b]AND HAPPY FAMILY MOMENTS FOR THE SKYWALKERS [/b][/i][/color] [face_dancing]

25. hpssslashfan

Feb 3, 2007
    EDIT: Party, Party, Party, Party! [face_dancing] Whooo hooo this is the last of the old review post updates and consolidations! Wow that only took a few hours :oops:

Review of Chapters: Eleven, Twelve and Thirteen

Chapter Eleven: Training

LMAO, Talk about a time out for the kiddies. =D=

Very powerful imagery [face_plain]

[hr][hr]

[color=teal][u][b] Chapter Twelve: The Second Battle of Naboo[/b][/u][/color]

I loved the battle scenes, you did a great job describing what happened. I also liked the fact that you locked and blocked Han onto his ship. Poor baby [face_beatup]

[hr][hr][hr]

[color=teal][u][b] Chapter Thirteen: Family Reunion [/b][/u][/color]

[quote=Darth_Marrs][color=teal][i]?The staff is very heavy,? Vader said, ?weighed down by more than just its physical being.?
    Then the crystal cracked. Somehow Luke was expecting a massive explosion or release of power. Instead, the burning sensation died, and crystal atop the staff cracked and went dark.
    ?You remind me of Queen Amidala,? Vader said. He looked at Leia. ?Just as Padmé?s daughter does.? With that, he turned and left the room.

Pooja watched him go with her brows furrowed in confusion. ?What did he mean by that? Queen Amidala did not have a daughter! She was my aunt, I would know.?

?Funny story about that,? Luke said.[/i] [/color][/quote]

I really liked these sections. The very effective/intuitive way that Luke and Vader ended the plague i.e. not a bang but a whimper for the Priors and how Vader got in a snit and "punished" everyone by dropping a little hint at the end! :)

I don't know how many chapters you've written but I'm doing my best to read them as fast a possible. :)

[hr][hr][hr]
    [color=silver][i]
    [b]AND HAPPY FAMILY MOMENTS FOR THE SKYWALKERS [/b][face_dancing]
    [b]OR SOME NOT SO HAPPY MOMENTS TOO [/b] [face_sick]
    [b]PLUS SOME KILLING MOMENTS FOR THE SKYWALKER BOYS [/b] [face_cool] [/i][/color]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.