main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Gods of Dark and Light--2007 SUMMER FANFIC NOMINEE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Marrs, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hpssslashfan

hpssslashfan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2007
    EDIT: HA! this is my first new chapter(s) review post since I've been consolidating it's almost easy! :) I only need two windows open at the same time, one on your chapter post and one on the edit message post.

I can't tell you how many windows I had to have open at one time to repost all the old chapter reviews, but at least one for each chapter being consolidated plus the old unupdated review to make sure that I didn't forget or drop anything (which happened [face_frustrated] more than once) plus your chapter post to refresh my memory and a notepad to keep the codes in an easy to access format. What a mess :p

Review of Chapters: Fourteen and Fifteen

Chapter Fourteen: The Emperor Reborn; The Emperor Re-Killed. And a Reunion

I love this title! O:)

ohhhh! NICE foreshadowing!

NOooooo! This can't be happening!!! Poor Palpy.... how can you do such a mean thing to a guy who is just fulfilling his purpose in the universe and happens to wants ABSOLUTE POWER!!!! :_| <<<<~~~~~~ again with the sarcasm, I hope its not to heavy! :p

Hey! Are we picking fun of the double danish headed young Princess who shall remain nameless but who just happened to need to be rescued by Luke in the first movie? 'Cause if we are? I am totally with you on this! LOL

No holds barred, brutal honesty out of Luke, You go!!!

I like the way you put that that last sentence, very poignant.

[hr][hr]

[color=teal][u][b] Chapter Fifteen:

2. hpssslashfan

Feb 3, 2007
    EDIT: OK, chapters 14 & 15 seemed to get a little too big for me, but there was a lot of stuff I wanted to comment on. Let's see how these next chapters go!

Review of Chapters: Sixteen , Seventeen and Eighteen

Chapter Sixteen: The Death of Darth Vader

She is trying so hard to hold on to all the anger and hatred and fear and prejudice! I'm impressed by her hard headedness. Luke is so benign and kind and forgiving and understanding... just a little insipid though. :p I'm hoping for some action/adventure/mischieviousness soon!

Wow!! A real and honest discussion between Obi-Wan and Anakin. Looooooong overdue! I think you hit it all on the nose perfectly. I especially liked Obi admitting to knowing about the marriage. Of course there is more cryptic Obi as always. *sighs*

Jedi expediency, "from a certain point of view" of course! [face_batting]

=D= [face_love] =D= [face_love] =D= [face_love] =D= [face_love] =D= [face_love]
    Ani is back and the crowd goes wild!!! ROAR!

[hr][hr]

[color=teal][u][b] Chapter Seventeen: Love and War [/b][/u][/color]

Alright looks like some action coming up!

[quote=Darth_Marrs][i][

3. hpssslashfan

Feb 3, 2007
    EDIT: Well it's Sunday and I'm going to try to review at least 6 more chapters before the night is over. Wish me luck!

Review of Chapters: Nineteen, Twenty and Twenty-One

Chapter Nineteen: Veltron Women

=P~ Poor Luke having to have a simple little "facts of life" talk with a hormonal teenage girl! I think he handles this with style and grace. I like the fact that he's not trying to be a monk of any kind. In a lot of respects he's a guy with a normal number of reactions and thoughts about a gorgeous woman. Good work here! ;)

Good Gravy Batman! That Jedi needs some help in the flirting department. [face_good_luck] LOL

It still amazes me how seamless your integration of SG1/SGA is to this AU. I have complete and total buy in on the Ancient Tech being a part of the SW universe and their being the creators of Centerpoint.

[hr][hr]

[color=teal][u][b] Chapter Twenty: Into the Gundark?s Den [/b][/u][/color]

[quote=Darth_Marrs][i][color=teal] ?So, if these Ori are ascended beings, won?t they be able to spot us and swat us like bugs??

?I don?t think so. In all of our dealings, the Priors reacted to us only after we showed ourselves. If may be that we are as much a blind spot to them as the priors are to us in the Force.? [/color][/i][/quote] Mara has some very valid concerns here and Luke's response seemed to be kind of let's wait and see and run if needed. ***snort*** I love it.

[quote=Darth_Marrs][i][color=teal] ?We need to get to this ?Holy Station? and find out what they?re trying to do with it.?

?There?s an interdiction field up through the whole system. It would take weeks at sublight to make it to Centerpoint.?

?Not on an Ori vessel.?

Mara stared. ?You?re not serious.?

?We know from studying their vessels that they use a different form of hyperdrive than we do. Much more powerful, much faster, and completely unaffected by gravitational distortion.?

?And how do we get an Ori ship??

?By duty rotation, of course.? [/color][/i][/quote] Luke has the best plans :)

[quote=Darth_Marrs][i][color=teal] ?You are a talented pilot, I can see that already,? Ronas said. He turned to Mara. ?Do you have similar skill, young lady??

?I?m twice the pilot he is.?

Ronas laughed. ?Perhaps. But this is the legendary Luke Skywalker, is it not? How could anyone be a greater pilot than the hero of the Battle of Yavin??

Luke turned and stared while Mara?s hand dipped toward a blaster that of course was not there.

?As I said before, relax,? Ronas said. ?My real name is Rond Olarin, formerly with Corsec. I was hoping they would get somebody in, but I wasn?t expecting you. That was dangerous, to be honest. Your face, Mr. Skywalker, is somewhat well known amongst the imperials.? [/color][/i][/quote] Whooo hoooo CONTACT! Now they have a little better chance to complete the mission!

[quote=Darth_Marrs][i][color=teal] ?Oh yeah, one more thing. Better not mention ?General? Solo to him.?

?Why?s that??

?He?d probably try and kil

4. hpssslashfan

Feb 3, 2007
  5. hpssslashfan

Feb 3, 2007
  6. hpssslashfan

Feb 3, 2007
  7. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Please don't spam, hpssslashfan

8. hpssslashfan

Feb 3, 2007
  9. hpssslashfan

Feb 3, 2007
  10. hpssslashfan

Feb 3, 2007
  11. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    I just wanted to shoot out a big hug, cybercookies and thanks to the person(s) who nominated this story for the Fanfic Awards. It looks like it was nominated for half the categories, which is really incredible! Win or lose, qualify or not, this was a fun and exciting story to write, and was made even more so by the great feedback and support of everyone who also enjoyed it. The second half of the story also GREATLY benefited from beta reading from Jedi-2B. Everyone made my first foray into fan fiction writing an overwhelming and wonderful experience.

So, thank you. Have a cybercookie![face_peace]

D_M

12. Jedi_Scribe

Jedi_Scribe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    Oh. My. Stars.

That was magnificent.

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

The sheer scale and power of the space battles was spectacular, and the way you merged the command structures of the Empire & Rebellion into a cohesive and devastating Alliance fleet was excellent. The extra-galactic technology augmented the standard SW tech without going too far over the top, which is tough to do in a crossover like this.

Anakin being redeemed and fulfilling the prophecy in grandiose fashion seemed fitting for him. It was also nice to see L/M & H/L together the way they always belong in the end.

I may never look as villians in the SW galaxy the same way again. The Vong wouldn't stand a chance against the Ori. Was it just me, or was there a brief mention of them when Luke was fighting the Doci?

Definitely rates about a 10.0 on my holy-crap-o-meter, but it was also a brilliantly original action packed roller-coaster ride from start to finish, no doubt about it.

13. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006
    Thank you very much. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I wrote it faster than any orig fic I've ever written, and enjoyed it more as well. Being able to share it made it even better.

D M

14. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    I've been meaning to dive into these fics for several weeks now, and last night I read the first couple posts. I was a little worried I wouldn't like a SW/Earth crossover, or Stargate since I don't know anything about it ( [face_blush] ) but I'm really enjoying it so far and have not confused myself :p It's really interesting and imaginative, and I love the way you've written it :D

Great seeing so many Star Wars characters we don't see all the time in Beyond, and I really liked the first scene with Chewie and Han :D

Might take me awhile to catch up, as you're already deep into your sequel, but I just wanted to let you know I'm reading and enjoying the story :)

15. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006
    I appreciate you taking a look, YodaKenobi.

I should warn you that Heaven Falls is such a different story I'm not even sure I can call it a sequel any more. GOD&L was a very straight-forward limited crossover set entirely within the GFFA. Heaven Falls is actually a multiple universe crossover set on Earth. While I personally liked Heaven Falls more as a writer, response has been mixed. Some seem to really like it, while others expecting a continuance of the GODL story line left frustrated. But with GOD&L, there was nothing to continue. I finished the story.

Anyway, thanks for dropping by and I hope you enjoy!

D_M

16. Spiritweaver

Spiritweaver Jedi Master

Oct 8, 2007
    Another great story! (My second of yours today ;))

I don't think I've seen a Star Wars/Stargate xover before and you wrote a great one! I liked the Ori and I think it was a fun battle between them and the GFFA. (And I am very glad that the good guys won and they lived happily ever after, for a generation at least...)

I'm looking forward to seeing more of you works in the future!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.