main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Godzilla 1998 complete soundtrack

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by DarthBoba, Nov 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Horrible monster movie, great monster movie soundtrack...does anyone have an idea where I could find this?

2. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    That's funny, I just listened to this yesterday. Really fun score, but not quite as good as ID4.

Unfortunately, I don't know where it's available anymore. I ordered mine from La La Land Records back when it was released but it appears to be sold out. It was a limited edition of 3000 copies.

3. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    So there are copies in existence? :p

I'm glad to hear that. Trying to find this is like looking for the Holy Grail.

4. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    I have some of the tracks, but I NEVER found the complete score. I have pretty much all of the other Godzilla Soundtracks br Masaru Sato and Akira Ifukube. They were easier to find than the Godzilla 1998 score. I never understood it.

5. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    I have the complete score to the 1992 Godzilla vs. Mothra on order from Ebay. Hope to get the other complete scores from the 90's Heisei Era (they're collector's items!), plus the really expensive "Perfect Collections" over time.

On Arnold's score, I actually think it's more complex and textured than Independence Day. Arnold cites it as his most difficult score to write because of the ambiguity of both the creature and the human characters and their rather gray presentation within the film. You can probably get the complete score from Screen Archives Entertainment or Ebay for ridiculous prices now for at least $150.

I was lucky to get mine upon first release though.

6. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000

Well, movie soundtracks are usually aimed at fans of the film, and Godzilla 98 wasn't exactly..resoundingly popular. Why, I don't really understand, as most of the movies between the original and 98 weren't exactly of stellar quality, either.

7. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    It was one of the first movies released on DVD here in the UK.

Sadly the teaser trailer was infinitely better than the movie.

8. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    ...And the journey ends. I found the "Godzilla: Complete Original Score" on Amazon several weeks ago, and it arrived today in the mail.

To put it simply, this score is majestic. David Arnold did a spectacular job-especially considering that all the visual input he ever had for Godzilla himself was a couple of vaguely monster-esque red and green shapes.

*Goes off to make a Stargate, Independence Day and Godzilla playlist*.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.