main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Godzilla at the Little!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarSolo, Oct 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Hi Everyone,

I just saw in the Weekend section of the newspaper that Godzilla (in Japanese with English subtitles) is opening at The Little Theater on Friday. See www.little-theatre.com/moviePage.php?filmID=199 for all the details. Daria.

2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Uh....yeah. Was just about to post. You beat me to it. It would have been nice if someone at the little responded back to me so I did not have to go all the way to Ithaca. I emailed them a lot. Oh well at least I got to see a town I would never have visited other wise. I'll be going either Sat. or Sunday in the afternoon. I got my nephews costume party till about 2 or so on Sat. At least that's when I am leaving. Sunday would work as well after the walk maybe if anyone would like to join me. Wish I could go Friday night. I would probably bump into more local G fan acquaintances that way. I wish they would do a whole film fest like many other cities around the country this fall.

I am getting the poster. Toho does not allow any for sale since Rialto does not have merchandise rights and all posters from theater are supposed to be returned. Same old story but ussually this soirt of thing pops up on ebay quite a lot anyway, but not this baby. After much searching for months, I finally found one for sale. And less then half the price that rialto charges for their movie posters on the site.

3. MaxReBoot11

MaxReBoot11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2003
    Is the movie still showing?? Cause i hear it is far better than the modified version made for the States that we all know and love... I would really love to see the original version! Do you know when showtimes are??

~Molly

4. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    According to The Little Theatre's notes, it ends today. Showings are 7:20 p.m. and 9:40 p.m., but you probably won't be out of the concert in time. :-(

5. MaxReBoot11

MaxReBoot11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2003
    Aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

6. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Gojira (54) is better then King of the Monsters in some ways of course but King of the Monsters is in a way a different movie title all together. Its 2 movies in my mind. One is the same events seen through the eyes of another character we did not notice the first time around. Its like remixing a song and adding a little something to it maybe. The 56 version isn't bad but you have to see Gojira to get the whole story. King of the monsters is the best US version of a Godzilla movie brought over. The Japanese language is still used instead of being entirely dubbed over. Seeing it in the theater again was fun. You can always come and see it on the weekend sometime. I own it on DVD, not the Rialto print but the original Toho release. Also at Greece Media play on the 13th see post. Only real difference is that some night scenes are a little clearer. The one I have appears to be translated more completely as well.

7. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    USA Today this week mentions that Classic Media is releasing the original Godzilla on DVD next year. More information when available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.