main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Godzilla Battle Royale (Godzilla Fan Film)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by rockstarbd82, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockstarbd82

rockstarbd82 Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2014
    (final GBR trailer)
    www.facebook.com/godzillabattleroyale (Facebook Page)

For those of you who are big Godzilla or kaiju genre fans, I wanted to share some of my links on a fan film that I made with my own Godzilla costume and many other fan kaiju made suits over the past 4 years called "GODZILLA BATTLE ROYALE."

A little bit about the film, Its a sequel to Destroy All Monsters which concluded the first "showa era" series of the Godzilla.

[Its been over a decade since the Godzilla and the monsters of monster island defeated the reign of the Kilaaks and King Ghidorah. The monsters have lived in peace since. Until one dark evening in Chicago, IL USA, Angurias, Varan, Manda and Godzilla show up and go on a rampage. Enter Matt Kennedy (callsign: RAZOR SHARK), the best air force pilot the United States has to offer, is called in to pilot a new top secret hover jet known as X-RIDER. However as he enters the battle zone, Razor Shark begins to realize there's more to this disaster than what it seems, and the real BATTLE ROYALE is about to begin . . . ]

The film features over 20 monsters including Mothra, MechaGodzilla (same suit from the 30 Rock episode by Jeff Magnussen), Ghidorah, Zigra (from the Gamera series), and even a Zombie version of King Kong. All monsters were either suits (some made by expert suitmaker Jacob Baker) or puppets we green/blue screened and used matte shots of Chicago. We were even successful in getting 2 celebrity guest cameos to participate in our film. One from Robert Scott Field (of Godzilla vs King Ghidorah 91'). And the other from Japan's own Akira Takarada-san (lead actor for the original black & white "Gojira" 54').

There are also several cannon shout outs within the film and yes, there are several Star Wars references and homages I would hope some fans of the series will get a kick out of as I am definitely a Star Wars fan too.

On November 3rd (Godzilla's 60th Anniversary) in a month, the full 92 minute version of Godzilla Battle Royale goes public on Youtube

On November 6th 2014, for those who live near Chicago, IL, I will be holding a "One Time Only-Free Show" at the Pickwick Theater in Park Ridge, IL. The show will feature a showing of "Make a Wish Foundations fan film "Madzilla" for Maddex, a slew of fan film trailers, and a screening of Godzilla Battle Royale.

Here's our event information if anyone is interested.

[​IMG]gbrpickwicktownposterroughdraft by rockstarbd82, on Flickr

https://www.facebook.com/events/1444736439120207/ (event page)

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.