main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Godzilla: Destroy all monsters melee

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Soontir-Fel, Oct 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    So what do you think it'll be like and is it worth the $$?

2. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I want it.

badly.

3. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    Rented this the other week. Was a little difficult for me to "get into" but my room mate and a friend of his enjoyed it a TON. I couldn't figure out any of the moves but my room mate figured just about all of them (he couldn't figure out how to "fly" with King Ghidora). If you buy this game, you'll probably have a lot more info on how to do stuff as the rental didn't come with a booklet.

The monsters look great and are hi-rez models. The cities are, well, just okay. There are a lot to choose from though (though many need to be "unlocked") and on top of that, you can choose whether you want to play in day or night time when you choose a city level (a cool feature in my opinion).

Only 3 monsters are available at the beginning of the game (Godzilla '90s, Megalon, and Anguiras), but more can be unlocked. My room mate unlocked Godzilla 2000, King Ghidorah and I think one other.

Combos are a big deal in this. Don't worry, nothing as complicated as Killer Instinct. More of a "punch punch kick" kind of deal. They do a lot more damage when you mix it up. Also, pressing two buttons (multiple combinations) at the same time yields even more moves. Like grabbing a monster (or building to throw), diving under the ground (as megalon) or to use your "rage" ability when you acquire the rage sphere.

There is a "block" button but takes half a second for your monster to block so be samrt when to use it.

All monsters (that we've encountered so far) have a ranged attack. This is used via the "z" button (the lamest and most unergonomic button on that entire controller). The longer you hold it down, the more power you charge-up from your "power meter" and the more potent the blast once you let go. Godzilla does his fire breath, Megalon does some weird fire thing from his horn, King Ghidorah shoots lightning, and Anguiras does a really funny sonic scream blast. Tapping the z button, if you have enough energy, does a quick but different ranged attack. Godzilla shoots a big fireball. I don't remember what the others do.

If you like fighting games, this one is pretty decent. Even for people who aren't big Godzilla fans (room mate and friends didn't care too much, but thought the game was awesome). If you love Godzilla, then you just have to own this. I mean, you get to destroy 3 different versions of Tokyo (as well as L.A., Seattle, etc.). How can you not get it?

I am just curious if King Kong or Ultraman are secret characters to unlock. Now that would rock.

-Jomero

4. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Destruction=FUN.

5. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    is it 1-4 players or 1-2?

6. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    It is 1 to 4 players. Up to 4 players can play at one time. We didn't do that, but I have seen it done. 4 monsters at once seems like a carnage-fest.

-Jomero

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.