main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "There's More Than One King" - The MonsterVerse [Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Eeth-my-Koth, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    [​IMG]

First peak at the new Godzilla, currently filming.
    More to come this week at Comic con.

Mikaboshi, DarthTunick and ShaneP like this.
  2. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    It already looks much better than this travesty.

[​IMG]

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    ^You shut your mouth.

Kato Sai and Healer_Leona like this.
  4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Godzilla '98 was great, because it got us six Toho films that were never originally supposed to happen as they desperately scrambled to save the character's face. Originally there were going to be no new G-films from '96 until '04.

5. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Bryan Cranston's in this. I hope there's a scene where he tells the Kaiju to get out of his territory.

7. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    If this means Godzilla toys at places other than Toys R Us and K-Mart, I'm all for it. I think Bandai, the company that makes the Godzilla toys you can usually find there, picked up the license for the new movie.

8. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    "I am the one who roars!"

9. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I like this. It reminds me of the classic Toho Godzilla....at least the head.

CloneUncleOwen likes this.
  10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I just want something seemingly realistic, non-campy, cool, and not anything like '98 Godzilla. Is that so hard? Sweet looking pic.

11. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    As long as Puff Daddy doesn't molest a Zeppelin song for this soundtrack I will be happy...

Darth_Invidious and eht13 like this.
  12. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Looks good!

More here.

VadersLaMent: I don't mind unrealistic or campy so much. It's a series about a giant fire breathing lizard that battles other giant creatures while Japan's military futilely bombards them with laser cannons and sends jetfighters in to serve as monster floss.

Adam of Nuchtern likes this.
  13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Godzilla as anything other than campy borders on blasphemous at this point, original film's rather bleak appraisal of the nuclear weapons situation notwithstanding. It got goofy the second they introduced Anguirus.

14. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    This should be made in the vein of Godzilla, Mothra, & King Ghidorah: All Out Monsters Attack, which was definitely the best entry in this series.

15. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

16. DarthLowBudget

Jan 17, 2004

Certainly the best entry in the extremely variable Millennium series, but there are a couple of entries in the Heisei and Showa series that give it a run for its money.

Fun-fact: This movie started development as a IMAX3D short-film sequel to Godzilla vs. The Smog Monsters, and Yoshimitsu Banno, the director of that notorious (and unfairly maligned) film, who lost his career in the aftermath, is one of the Executive Producers on this new movie.

17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Fixed that for you. Any film whose principal message is stated as "Adults have God; children have Minya" is automatically GOAT.

And frankly we need more badly cobbled together stock footage films where people learn that the only solution to bullies is hitting them back in creative ways.

18. DarthLowBudget

Jan 17, 2004

That film was also one of Del Toro's inspirations for Pan's Labyrinth.

Ramza likes this.
  19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Vermithrax.

Reign Of Fire.

Large fire breathing creatures can be awesome. If ti turns out to be yet another campy outing I can ignore it and watch decades of already filmed rubber suited campiness.

20. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Well those images look like Godzilla to me. That's a good thing.

21. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Gojira is likely my favorite film of all time, and I've enjoyed a few other films in the Toho series... I've also come around to enjoyed the '98 Emmerich version for what it is (an incredibly silly generic monsterish movie). I'm incredibly excited & hopeful for this new film in 2014... I can't ******* wait.

22. DarthLowBudget

Jan 17, 2004

Better have your camp-o-meter tuned up. Both those movie are crazy campy in there own ways. Camp is part and parcel of the genre. It's not a negative. Sometimes it's unintentional and awful, other times it's a tool that's deliberately employed for a certain emotional effect. It can have it's place in this movie.

Adam of Nuchtern and Bacon164 like this.
  23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Looking forward to this- I enjoyed the old films, and the Godzilla '98 marketing campaign hyped me up beyond belief (while this new movie will no doubt be a far, far superior film, I doubt ti could top the marketing campaign of G98), so here's hoping!

Awesome Comic-Con poster:

[​IMG]

24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, honestly all they need now are some rearrangements of Akira Ifukube pieces and I'm sold.

I mean, if nothing else:

25. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    While the 1998 Godzilla was undeniably awful, what was the problem with making the monster look more "lizard-like"? Why does he have to look like a man in a rubber suit, or, in-universe, a mutant t-rex that eats too much?