main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Godzilla

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jedidc, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedidc

jedidc Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2002
    I read somewhere that there is a new Godzilla game coming out. Anyone know anything about it? I think they are coninciding it with the 50th anniversary of the movie. Anyone?

2. BJPE1

BJPE1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2004
    GODZILLA: SAVE THE EARTH

my freind it will be out on Nov 2nd

Looks great 18 or so monsters

just do a search for the above title and you find all kinds of articles and such

I can't wait be back in control of the Big G

3. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    This game makes me feel happy. Space Godzilla, Mothra, online play. You can even do dueling beam attacks!

4. BJPE1

Mar 31, 2004
    and a better story mode as from DAMM

to bad Biolantie was scraped

5. Stark_Rhavyn

Stark_Rhavyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2003
    I believe a playable Hedorah was scrapped too, unfortunately.
    What's more, Kirby Fong, the producer of the game, quit Atari a few weeks ago so the prospects of another sequel after this one are very small.
    So we Kaiju fans should enjoy this one while we can. Might be the last we get in a while unless the new movie (Godzilla: Final Wars) somehow rakes in a ton of cash.
    From the looks of how the movie's progressing now, that's doubtful.

6. BJPE1

Mar 31, 2004
    I still don't like the idea of the big G being killed off for good :( though its happened before

7. Stark_Rhavyn

Jul 11, 2003
    It won't be for good, don't worry.
    Besides, they've refused to use any kind of contiuity with the new movies so when or IF he's killed off in this movie, it wouldn't be any big deal for him to come back in another movie in the future.
    Toho NEED's to take a break anyway and figure out how to make a monster movie that looks like at least as modern as the 80's and quit embarassing Godzilla's name.

8. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    If you want more info on the game and the movie just go to godzilla.com.

The only thing I don't like is no Jet Janguar. How can that be!

9. jedidc

Apr 24, 2002
    I found a cool website for the game: http://www.atari.com/godzilla/godzilla-main.html It looks there are gonna be a ton of monsters. You can see some of them there already, and they look really cool. Apparently, they will continue releasing the monsters as time goes on. Pretty cool.

10. Stark_Rhavyn

Jul 11, 2003
    Good News: Jet Jaguar IS in the game (not in the movie, thank The Maker) and he will kick all the other monsters butts because they overly empowered him and gave him a bunch of moves and abilities that are much cooler than anything he had in that horribly done movie (Godzilla vs. Megalon).

Bad News: It was annouced a few weeks ago that there will be no downloadable content for this game, so what you see is what you get. However, there is rumoured to be some new content for the previous game (Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee) coming out this month. But we'll see if that actually happens. I really, really hope so, but kinda doubt it now that Kirby Fong (the producer) is no longer there.

11. jedidc

Apr 24, 2002
    I'm not really worried about downloadable content. I think whatever they put in the game will be plenty for me. I'm just genereally excited about the game as a whole. Hopefully, it will live up to my expectations.

12. Stark_Rhavyn

Jul 11, 2003
    I'm a Godzilla fan, first and foremost, so when G: DAMM hit in '02 I actually bought a GameCube (first console I've played since SNES) just to have that game.
    So I was upset to learn that what was supposed to be a GameCube exclusive got brought over to the dark side (Xbox) with better graphics, more cities, a new monster, custom soundtrack and bot players. Not to mention DLC.
    And now they are only making the sequel for Xbox and PS2.
    But now I've sold my soul and bought an Xbox so I can play the new game (and Battlefront). I've now got the Xbox version of G: DAMM. I love it. I've actually broken away from Battlefront periodically to play this game I've actually already had for two years.
    G: Save the Earth is going to rock!

13. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    I am a huge G fan, heck I have 23 of the movies! What I'm mostly looking forward to is the story mode where you destroy the cities and fight the army.

14. BJPE1

Mar 31, 2004
    I am a big fan of G too have all but one flick released in the US "Godzilla raids again" its the only one I have yet to see aside from a couple of his newer ones like Godzilla Tokayo SOS or the up coming final wars

God it would be so cool to see some alternate costumes in this game the Final wars Gigan Is fricken kick ass looking

15. jedidc

Apr 24, 2002
    I found a new trailer that I thought people would like. I can't believe so many people have so many of the movies. That is pretty cool. Check it out and tell me what you think: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/godzillasavetheearth/media.html

16. jedidc

Apr 24, 2002
    Sorry bout the double post. I just thought I'd share all the cool new stuff: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/godzillasavetheearth/index.html?q=Godzilla%3A+Save+the+Earth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.